• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids I Have Never Experienced Opioid Withdrawal - Seeking Answers & Other People Like Me

praetorian18

Greenlighter
So let me just preface this by saying that I completely understand the hell that people go through when it comes to opioid withdrawal, as this may upset some people. I watch my partner go through withdrawal almost weekly at the moment. I also understand that some people are going to straight away call bullshit, and that's fine, I get it.

Firstly a little background on me. Both my parents were heroin addicts, and my mum used all through her pregnancy with me. When I was born I was placed straight into NICU but apparently I showed no signs of withdrawal whatsoever. I have previously had a methamphetamine addiction which lasted about 4 years, 2 years of which I was an IV user.

I then was introduced to opiates. The first time I ever tried an opiate I took a 40mg targin. I felt nothing from it. The next time I took 2 x 40mg targin and I felt amazing. My opiate use was very sporadic and I only ever used for maybe 1-2 days then nothing for a week or 2.

Fast forward to today, currently my partner and I are using on an almost daily basis. We are splitting everything down the middle, and going shot for shot. At the moment we would be using for about 3 weeks straight at a time, sometimes with periods of use backing straight onto the next. So using for 6 weeks at a time with no break. We are going through 28 x 16mg Jurnista (Hydromorphone), 8 x 8mg Jurnista, 60 x 4mg Dilaudid (Hydromorphone) and about 1g of heroin per week.

So roughly I am using 376mg of Hydromorphone and 1.5g of heroin every 3 weeks period of use.

When we run out, my partner will start going into withdrawal within about 12 hours and will just get worse and worse until we use again, or until he has Suboxone, but he needs to wait until he is in withdrawal to use it, as if he uses Suboxone too early it will throw him into precipitated withdrawal. I am currently using Suboxone when we run out as well, but I can comfortably IV 8mg of Suboxone, sometimes almost within an hour of my last shot and be fine.

To this day, I have NEVER experienced a single symptom of withdrawal!! Nothing. Not even just simply getting goosebumps. I cannot explain it, and nor can anyone else.

We even decided to test it one day. Towards the end of a big binge, my partner administered me with a shot of Naloxone, which is supposed to put you straight into precipitated withdrawal...I didn't feel any real noticeable differences. How can that even happen?!

Everyone I have spoken to about it, I'm pretty sure does not believe me at all. This even includes the doctors/nurses/case workers at the Alcohol & Other Drugs service.

I have never met another person like me. No one has even heard of something like this being possible.

A while ago I did a DNA test and from that I got genome results, and I actually have a gene mutation that directly affects opioids. I have a reduced analgesic affect from all opioids as well as reduced likelihood of dependence. I did further research into this specific gene and found research papers on pub med. None of which said anything about reduced/non-existent withdrawal symptoms.

I am seeking any information that anyone might have! If you know or have heard of this sort of thing before, or if you know anyone that has this same "ability" as I like to call it. I'm just wanting to shed some sort of light on this, as from what I can tell so far, I'm essentially a medical marvel haha!

It is rare but not unique. Same sort of process with people who cannot feel pain, and are never ever anxious or unhappy. They also adapt to exogenous opioids like you seem to. Genetically they produce or transmit endogenous opioids in and between hemispheric channels of the cortex if I remember correctly.

This may be similar for you, or I am guessing there has been a reversal effect while you were in womb to protect you from your Mothers addiction properties. Look into people who have a never ending amount of flowing endorphins and receptor upregulation ?

Fuck, better get a few grams of either dank indica pot, or good strong hash for the nausea which will save you at times, get ready feel like you were lit on fire and put into a freezer, and you might wana stock up on some soup because thats about all youll be able to properly tolerate for awhile, but luckily you havent been daily for years like i have, so id say the physical hell will be over in a week or two tops, but the mental wd is somthing that lingers

No need @Zon didn’t you get the memo, this avenger is immune from Opioid withdrawal, something mere mortals like us can only dream of ?
I wish we could take opis without wd.. i mean fuck i can go weeks without coke, a few hours without a dose of my opis and i can feel an urge to tear my head off

I believe you, however I don't see this as an absolute - physical dependence can take a long time, for me I was using your monthly allowance every day before I got into serious trouble and I fucked around with it a few years with some heavy binges and never felt worse than being a bit tired for couple days. It eventually got me though and now it comes quick and hard. I wouldn't assume it won't happen, your current usage is quite low, so it's hard to say what would happen if you started banging a couple grams a day for six months. I don't suggest trying it though lol

I hope it stays this way and you aren't hit by the kindling effect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kindling_(sedative–hypnotic_withdrawal)

Definitely something to watch out for. Basically the longer you use then go through the cycle of running out and getting more etc, the more severe your withdrawals get.

It could be possible your starting point is no withdrawal but as you keep using the way you are you will find yourself getting withdrawals.

I hope I'm wrong, but this doesn't sound like something that will last forever, so read into the kindling effect as it pertains to opiates and prepare just in case. It does happen to most opiate addicts that whenever they rattle and get more opiates after, the next rattle is more severe, and so on and so on ad infinitum.

Not a terrible trait to have, though it certainly won't protect you from psychological addiction
Oh. Im pretty sure i am addicted since i do use 10-30 grams a month depending
I believe you, however I don't see this as an absolute - physical dependence can take a long time, for me I was using your monthly allowance every day before I got into serious trouble and I fucked around with it a few years with some heavy binges and never felt worse than being a bit tired for couple days. It eventually got me though and now it comes quick and hard. I wouldn't assume it won't happen, your current usage is quite low, so it's hard to say what would happen if you started banging a couple grams a day for six months. I don't suggest trying it though lol
well this was enlightening but i dont take these doses recreationally to be honest, yeah its alright but when im not in wd, half the amp dose is plenty

I envy you but i also didn't get withdrawals for the first year, when i moved to daily the next year i was sick 6 hours after a shot.
To bad your gene couldn't be reproduced and used for people who get withdrawal
I envy you

We even decided to test it one day. Towards the end of a big binge, my partner administered me with a shot of Naloxone, which is supposed to put you straight into precipitated withdrawal

Sadly your wrong, that would send you right to the hospital.

From my experience taking Naloxone as the OP said sends you right off in an ambulance.
Buprenorphine just brings on a horrific rattle.

I envy you but i also didn't get withdrawals for the first year, when i moved to daily the next year i was sick 6 hours after a shot.
To bad your gene couldn't be reproduced and used for people who get withdrawal
I envy you
I think the Intelligence services who have gene therapy research for agents (think Bourne or Hanna) have this one boxed off. Certainly gene manipulation for mitochondrial uptake of either catecholamines and/or protein synthesis exists.

Watch the CIA drama “Hanna” yes it’s not reality but based on babies being modified and Hanna is the living embodiment of the CIA programme ?