• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I Have An OPIATE Question About: The Quality Of Oxycodone (HCI). I.R. (Instant Release) 20MG.Tablet. Reply If You Are Aware Of The 6 PharmaCompanies

mjm45

Greenlighter
Though I have good familiarity with most Full Opiate Analgesics- Opiates/Opioids, and Partial Opiate Analgesic & Antagonists.

**HOWEVER I Need Some Help With:
[Oxycodone (HCI.) I.R. (Instant Release) *20 MG. Tablet]

That particular dose does not have a "BRAND NAME."
It appears to have SIX (6) Generic Pharmaceutical Companies that make it.
One of them kind of has a brand name, and it's included in 1 of the 6's, called: "Oxy-IR" made by Purdue Pharma.
As a personal matter, considering what Purdue did the Oxycontin, I'd like to stay away from that brand.

So there's really just 5 Available Generic Companies that make it. Unfortunately, making the formulation: 15MG. & 30MG. -Has a lot more brand names, and generic names associated with it such as "Roxicodone," for one example.
However it seems that the 20 MG. dose of Instant Release Oxycodone, is limited to 5 Generic Companies that make it, I will list them in order, at the end of this question.

**SO MY QUESTION IS:
OUT OF THE FOLLOWING 5 OR 6 PHARMA COMPANIES, WHICH ONE IS THE BEST GENERIC COMPANY?

(I don't think i need to expand on this much further, than saying anyone who has tried different generic brands of the same exact medicine over others, especially with Controlled Substances or Narcotics, there are *definitely better generic brands than others, hence my question.)

In The United States, per my research, I have came up with the only 6 Companies, or Types of Generic Oxycodone I.R. in the 20 MG. tablet dosage. There is one that I does not even have a name, just the [Pill Imprint #'s.]

I would love to hear any feedback about these following 6 types of Oxycodone Instant Release, in the 20 MG. Tablet formulation?

(Also if I missed a Generic Brand, or a Brand Name, or a Type of pill, in this specific category and dosage, please bring it to my attention.)

I'm looking for people who have taken 1 of these 6 Brands/Types, and can unequivocally say: "That one is horrible, stay away from it." OR: "That one is your best bet, in my opinion."

Obviously I'm looking for the best quality, truest potency of the main active ingredient write down to it's 20 MG.d dose, and/or the Most Effective One- that yields a true 20 MG. Oxycodone Instant Release for the full 6-hours it's intended to work.

Unfortunately, some Generic Companies LACK in this area. It may say 20 MG.'s, but in retrospect it could feel like you're taking a 15 MG. tablet, or a 10 MG. tablet, or it inconveniently wears off in 3 to 4-hours, not achieving the 6-hours it's intended to work.

Again, The Most Effective and Accurate tablet out of the 6?

List Of The 6 Known, US, FDA Approved, Oxycodone (HCI.) I.R. (Instant Release) 20 MG. Tablet:

1.) Oxy-IR (Oxycodone I.R.) 20 MG.
Purdue Pharma. Pill Type/Imprint: White, Oblong, Scored, On The 1st. Scored Side: "OXY IR" / 2nd. Scored Side: "20"

2.) Supeudol (Oxycodone I.R.) 20 MG.
Sandoz Pharma. Pill Type/Imprint: While, Oblong, Scored, Front Of Pill: A Large "V"- With a "20" Inside it; Back OF Pill: On Both Sides Of The Scored Pill A Slanted "S"

3.) pms-Oxycodone 20 MG. (Oxycodone I.R.) Pharmascience Pharmaceuticals. Pill Type/Imprint: White, Oblong, Scored, Imprint: Unrecognizable. (On One Side Of The Pill: "20" -Then Follows With Some Unrecognizable Letters Or Numbers. Nowhere Could I Get A Clear Image Of This Pill. / Back of Pill: Nothing But The Score.
[*I THINK The Imprint Is: "20 OXY" With No Score On The Front Of The Pill, Only The Back. *But I Can't Be For Sure, All Images Of This Particular Pill Were Obscured.]

4.) Oxycodone (HCI) I.R. (Instant Release) 20 MG. Rhodes Pharmaceuticals, L.P. Pill Type/Imprint: White, Round, Film Coated, Imprint: Top Side: "20" With No Score, Back Side: Scored, With a "R" On The Top, Under The Score a "P" [20, R/P] (National Drug Code Number) NDC#: 42858-0004.

5.) Unknown Generic or Brand Name. It Just Lists: "OxyCODONE Hydrochloride" I.R. 20 MG. Pill Type/Imprint: Light Gray, Round, Scored On Back Side Only- With No Lettering Or Numbering, Top Side: "371"

6.) Oxycodone I.R. 20 MG.
KVK-Tech INC. Pharmaceuticals. Pill Type/Imprint: Round, Dark Grey, On The Front Side: Scored Only- With a "K" On The Left Side Of The Score, On The Right Side Of The Score: a "57"/ The Backside Of The Pill Has Nothing, No Score, Or Numbering, Or Lettering. NDC#: 10702-057-01.

Thank You For Anybody's Input, Or Help On This Topic!

-mjm45

You also might want to try Drugs.com they have user reviews on all drugs and if you do a word search for a particular pharmaceutical company name you can usually find posts in the threads where the name is mentioned.

The days where this kind of comparison was meaningful are long gone. Anyone getting oxy now would be happy to be getting real oxy, never mind some specific brand that on average contains 3-5% more oxy per pill.

In my experience the Actavis of A215 and the V imprinted Oxys were always stronger, better, etc. so that would be Sandoz and Actavis I believe.

You also might want to try Drugs.com they have user reviews on all drugs and if you do a word search for a particular pharmaceutical company name you can usually find posts in the threads where the name is mentioned.
Great info!

Oxycontins good old days are long gone. Plz abstain to get high bcuz you might encounter with some fent most likely, yuck.