• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I have a question about benzo withdrawal.

There is a someone called silver linings who was on 40mg of valium for a year Day 6 he says he feels he is going to die. 10 day fast taper. The withdrawals are bad according to him. He asked if Soma would help in another post

There is a someone called silver linings who was on 40mg of valium for a year Day 6 he says he feels he is going to die. 10 day fast taper. The withdrawals are bad according to him. He asked if Soma would help in another post
my situation is a bit unique, i've been abusing opioids and muslcle relaxers with the valium this last year, as well as other benzos like xanax and klonopin. I keep a drug journal so i can look back and refclect. I never went more than 2 weeks without benzos the last year, and some weekends i was using like 20mg of xanax and klonopin.

I took 1000 mg Soma yesterday for relief, and got it. Had a nice sleep, muscle tension relaxed, anxiety dropped. But then within an hour of waking up, I am a wreck again, probably the worst day so far. I think it has something to do with using the Soma, as it affects the GABA in very similar ways as benzos. I think i'm gonna stay away from the Soma and see if symptoms improve at all over the next week.

Today is day 7. The hardest day. I just sit hear so retracted into myself, anxiety is 10/10 and my muscles are so tense. Sweating so bad, i'll find myself just sitting holding my breath with my entire body all tensed up.

Weed isn't helping, coffee is making things worse. I'm so fucked. I can't breath. About to go to work for 10hrs (mandatory, no choice) and gonna force some food down first. Hopefully food and hard work helps, i've been on vacation trying to push through this withdrawal but fuck me it's worse today than ever! I'm just trying to breathe, hopefully work distracts me.

I don't want to give up. I am trying to be strong. My emotions are so wild right now. I'll cry and laugh at the same time. I shouldn't of watched Joker lol

Let's stay strong, happy new year

my situation is a bit unique, i've been abusing opioids and muslcle relaxers with the valium this last year, as well as other benzos like xanax and klonopin. I keep a drug journal so i can look back and refclect. I never went more than 2 weeks without benzos the last year, and some weekends i was using like 20mg of xanax and klonopin.

I took 1000 mg Soma yesterday for relief, and got it. Had a nice sleep, muscle tension relaxed, anxiety dropped. But then within an hour of waking up, I am a wreck again, probably the worst day so far. I think it has something to do with using the Soma, as it affects the GABA in very similar ways as benzos. I think i'm gonna stay away from the Soma and see if symptoms improve at all over the next week.

Today is day 7. The hardest day. I just sit hear so retracted into myself, anxiety is 10/10 and my muscles are so tense. Sweating so bad, i'll find myself just sitting holding my breath with my entire body all tensed up.

Weed isn't helping, coffee is making things worse. I'm so fucked. I can't breath. About to go to work for 10hrs (mandatory, no choice) and gonna force some food down first. Hopefully food and hard work helps, i've been on vacation trying to push through this withdrawal but fuck me it's worse today than ever! I'm just trying to breathe, hopefully work distracts me.

I don't want to give up. I am trying to be strong. My emotions are so wild right now. I'll cry and laugh at the same time. I shouldn't of watched Joker lol

Let's stay strong, happy new year
I remember the misery I had, when I to had to go work( Manuel labor) while going through alcohol withdrawal, with nothing to help me( no benzos). I really feel bad for you, I hope and pray you get through this. I am sorry to hear about the soma; it seems like it played a cruel trick on you. I made that post hoping someone might have some good advice. I am very sorry I do not have any advice of my own to give you.

Last edited: