• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I have a 'book', don't know how to go about releasing it

I thought about that, and it would be nice to have an eBook site equivalent of bandcamp (which I also use for free downloads with the option of donating) but don't know if such a thing exists. Print on-demand is kind of expensive and the author gets only a relatively small % of the sale revenue.

You could also create a torrent and upload it to popular trackers. Hard to say how many people would find it that way, but you could link it here and elsewhere and it'd probably be faster/more convenient than some random file hosting website.

FWIW, if you are concerned about IP rights, there's a pretty easy way to protect them without violating your anonymity unless and until you choose to enforce those rights: before making the transcript publicly available, print out a copy (or put it on a thumb drive, but printed copy is better - one less issue to worry about explaining to a tech illiterate judge when the time comes) and mail it to yourself and hang onto the unopened envelope. It will have a datestamp courtesy of USPS, which can be verified if needed with their records, proving you were the original author of the document. Under current US law, copyright is automatic - you don't have to register or anything, if you write something then you own the rights to it - so if you can prove authorship then you can shut down any unauthorized redistribution or modification of your work in the future. You never know how things might shake out later on and make you wish you had preserved your rights, and all it costs is a postage stamp.

In all seriousness, I don't know what to do with the book at this point. New trip reports and technical information continues to overwhelm me, things I want to include to support my evidence-based phenomenology as well as for the objective details of the book, not to mention I have to rewrite certain parts of the book based on recent personal experiences. Basically, while my book started incredibly optimistic for the future of the drug, after (ab)using it for nearly four years now, my conclusions have changed. For instance, the potential for using it as as aid for relieving addictions to other drugs is tenuous at best because it can create a strong addiction in itself if not regulated. And thats my current opinion, that it should be available as a treatment option for certain conditions, but specifically regulated to prevent abuse.

Another still-unanswered question now is the wide differences in effects and body load between batches. Certain batches I can do half a gram a day with a really clean feeling metabolism, while other forms just 100 mg a day feel a heavy tax on the body and comparatively undesirable effects. This is not just my own research; many others online who have tested multiple batches claim the same. Stereoisomerism, polymorphism, active impurities etc are all theories for those phenomenon but nothing confirmed. There is also data circulating that some batches coming out of China are actually MXP, further mudding the waters.
So there's my update.

^ My advice is to make your book into a dynamic web page that you can continually update whenever you have something new to add, or an edit you wish to make. That way, you never have to commit to a 100% final version. There will always be some extent of unanswered questions about MXE, and you can simply leave them aside until you have some relevant insights to add.

Maybe you can even use a Wiki-type platform, which keeps an extensive record of all revisions made, but without allowing the general public to make edits.

I don't really understand the argument that MXE coming out of China is MXP. MXP from what I've read is a pretty lame dissociative overall so it seems it would be very noticeable if a switch was made considering how good MXE is. Perhaps I've just been blessed lately as all my recent batches have been great fun.

Vortech, why are you holding out on us? I dig your tunes, I'm sure it's a good read. Lace us with some game dood.

vortech, your concerns pretty much echo my own. It's such an amazing compound but damn if it doesn't hold the potential for things to go south too. It has such power to change one's mental state, but we need to come up with a protocol to avoid becoming dependent on the shift. It should be a tool to shift in a certain direction, but not the engine that gets you there. It would seem that the more often it's used, the less valuable this tool becomes. There's a fine line too, because sometimes it seems like one needs a session that lasts a few days, but that's what would generally be considered abuse. However sometimes it's during one of those sessions that it really shines as a tool for self actualization.

Also, I agree that it is a very mysterious compound in terms of batches. Not too much that can be said definitively about that, but experienced users seem to agree how different batches feel more or less toxic, or "different" in various ways. It would seem that the only way to deal with this is to get more samples thoroughly analyzed, but I just don't know who has the money to invest. If I was a rich man, I would seriously be testing all the batches right now to try and get to the bottom of this. Alas I can barely afford rent so it's not an endeavor I'm ready to take on.

I wanna read through it, regardless of the which stage of the process it's in. :) vortech, you make music? I must have missed that. Did you clear your pm's yet?

Ecstacylover, if you check ecstacydata's testing results for MXE you will see at least 3 results in recent months that were verified to be MXP, sold as MXE, all bought from China. Even more worrisome is that two of the samples were actually A-PVP, from another chinese supplier. So there is no doubt quality control issues of more than one type. There are some threads on other forums discussing this and related shenanigans.

Bluuberry, yep cleared my PMs, got your msg will talk soon!

Jammin83 thanks man! don't worry I'll get the writings sorted, I'm liking the idea of a wiki-style dynamic web page. Oh and also I had a new tune released this week, won't post it publicly here but will send you a msg with the link!

Eternal support to you, vortech & I can't wait to read this when you are ready to share. It's been a while since I've read the MXE threads and I don't really know what's going in the MXE universe 2015, but I'll get into this!

Stay cool,

Confield