View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I have a 'book', don't know how to go about releasing it

vortech

Bluelighter
I recently passed 100 pages in my book, 'A Multidisciplinary Analysis of MXE',and I want to share it with other MXE enthusiasts, and then share it publicy when the time is right. How should I go about this? Considering the subject, I'm likely releasing under an alias/anonymously, and free of course. It is as educational as it is the subjective musings of an MXE addict.
I want to share it with enthusiasts first because I want it to accurately depict the subject which will require feedback. Ideally, it could be a definitive guidebook for anyone stepping into research of MXE and other dissociatives, but it will probably just become a curiosity amongst the sea of information and psychedelics-related literature. I'm fine with that, but I at least want it to be visible to people searching the subject.

When I read the title, I thought you meant you had 100 sheets of acid you didn't know how to unload.

There should be some avenues where you can get them visible somewhere online. Publishing seems to be out of the question though, since that would cost money and they would then read and sign off for it, if they approve of it...

I'm loathe to say the App Store on iOS, which I heard was free if you release it free of charge, but I'm not sure. If you're aiming for an e-text type of release, then I'm sure it could get put up somewhere within that subject.

Or of course, you could create your own blog/site/webpage and go crazy with it there. Then it would just show up when someone is on a search engine and looking for that kind of information.

Why not just put it into an archive, load it on a file host website, and link here for us blers where you will probably get the most and best response.

^Haha, idk why I didn't think of that. That sounds like the best option. Just leave a link into that mxe thread.

Why not just put it into an archive, load it on a file host website, and link here for us blers where you will probably get the most and best response.

This. Plus submit it to Erowid and they'll probably link it somewhere on the MXE page for you!

Thanks for the advice, that does sound like the best option to dump it to an arbitrary file hosting service and post links on relevant forums and sites.

Hi,
If you really want to publish your book, I recommend self publishing. I published five books this way. Then you can order copies on demand, instead of having to print thousands at once. There are many sites online to help you with this. You can even upload your book on sites such as Amazon, and offer it as an e book for free, or for 99¢ or whatever.
If you're interested in protecting your intelllctual property, then submit the entire manuscript to the Library of Congress. That will safeguard you against plagiarism. Good luck with your writing in the future :).

Ok, but what should I do with the antibiotics I thought invented structurally?

Yeah I'm not concerned with having print copies or protecting IP, it will be public domain.

I want to write a book, but i wouldn't know how to go about releasing it when it's ready.
I use that as an excuse not to write it.

If you would like to be credited as the author (pseudonymously) while still permitting free distribution, you can license it under Creative Commons.

So, how close are you to releasing the book vortech? :)
Hard to say because there are some still some unresolved things and research isn't complete. But other than that I just need to spend a bit of time editing. Realistically I'm gonna say around the end of Summer.

Have fun with it. Though I haven't tried MXE, I'd still like to read about your project. :)

I'd love to read your book Vortech (i feel i've had a little preview with your posts of the last couple of years). Don't close down the idea of getting a bit of money for it either (though i share your distaste for copyright) - i'd chuck in a bit of money after the fact if the book interested me. Is there not some sort of book equivalent of bandcamp so you could host the book online as an ebook with a 'pay what you like' tag? (i prefer this donation-ware model in music)

You should do it as an ebook to get it out there, but also look into how easy/costly it is to set up a print-on-demand book, as i'm sure some people would like a hard copy (if it's any good ;))