I dont think I enojy pot anymore...

P.S.

Im eating straight caramel and peanut butter chocalte crunch ben and jerrys....

You may have au underlying subconcious discontent regarding your opiate use or other aspects of your life and this is what causes the unsettled feeling when stoned. The aversion to cannabis may be the symptom not the cause. Just a theory.

Btw, I think you nailed it!. Cause I been on 2mg of suboxone weining off more and more everyday and I LOVE pot again. I think my subconcious was just trying too tell myself I'm fucking my life up.

Well now Im almost off the subs, and I LOVE pot and life again...thanks everyone, really. I feel like my old self again. Its a tad ironic Im always going to have the name 80mg, but itll be a reminder to me of the horrors of opiates, My nick name irl is Furry (cause Im a hiary guy) so if you see me and remember, call me that <3

Thanks too all you guys and especaially badandwicked. God bless.

just quit after smoking weed since i was 12, I'm 39 now.
Took me quite a while, but i feel clearer and life seems more real.

I had the exact same thing happen when I started opiates--paranoia, racing heart, shallow breathing, etc. when smoking. Why? WHY?

:(

There's an undeniable pattern amongst many heavy smokers; it's fucking great for X years and then all of a sudden, it's just not fun anymore, usually because it causes anxiety. I have no idea why this happens but it's something I've seen again and again as well as personally experienced it. I stopped for 5-6 years after it got nasty for me and have recently been able to smoke again without getting too anxious but I usually drink when I smoke and I'm always on benzos. To be honest, I'm probably going to stop again.

I'd really like to know why this happens. I think it's would be a great piece of research for a neuro/psy/whatever Ph.D. thesis.

I am pretty sure negative effects of pot are primarily due to opiate abuse. I've known a lot of people who were pretty big potheads and when they became H addicts they pretty much quit pot.

I've had a similar experience. When I was addicted to opiates, pot would often get me into very negative thought loops and it would be difficult for me calm down. I think it was mostly because I didn't have the will power to deal with my opiate issues and pot subconsciously made me think about these issues.

I think the real issue is your opiate addiction. Masking the psychedelic effects of pot with benzos/booze or whatever is just another way to keep using dope. :(

So happy to chance upon this thread:) Since I had my first spate of 'bad trips' during the summer I havent enjoyed smoking as it mainly induces anxiety and painful over analytical thinking. A break ill take methinks.
Cheers:)

it's goin around then huh? damn woulda never thought the day would come when ol MJ would come back to haunt me...but you know what they say about the loves of your life.

I've been smoking about 10 years now, first 6 years heavily, 24/7. It was so beautiful. Then it started stopping giving me and the high started to be unpleasand. Anyway, I was so addicted I could not stop.It took me next few years to get rid of it (very hard) and when I smoke today (once a month), I can't do so not alone cause it almost always makes me feeling very wierd and unable to communicate. No CEV, no thoughts as before, just stoned. That sucks

I know so many opiate addicts that DO NOT smoke weed. They don't admit why, but I suspect that it makes them want more? Anyways get off the dope! it's bad news bears. take a milli of xans and smoke a bowl! PLUR

I honestly think that the cause of people's diminishing appreciation for weed after starting hard drugs arises because of the reasons that they're using drugs in the first place. A very large majority of people seem start off smoking weed heavily because they're looking for relief and escape, and haven't yet been introduced to hard drugs, so they're mind hasn't yet become used to the profound relaxation and numbness that drugs like opiates can provide. As soon as their mind becomes acquainted with the much more extreme level of high that hard drugs can provide, the relief felt from weed slowly begins to diminish as the effects of hard drugs become more and more familiar until eventually hard drugs sink to the level that weed was once at as far as how the individual views it, and weed has sunk so low that it's effects are viewed either indifferently or negatively when compared with hard drugs.

So basically that's just a really long convoluted way of saying that people who are looking for relief get used to the amount of relaxation and escape hard drugs provide so the relief weed once provided begins to pale in comparison.

Am nearly 30 and smoked since i was a teen.
Had to give it up for the same reasons that you describe about 2 years ago now...
I firmly bielieve it was the pods/codeine and odd oxy that changed shit 4 me as it was about the same time this happened. I do although think ive been lucky enough to have toyed with the op8s without gaining any majour habbit,but im borderline atm as its increased latley.
Best advice i can offer is to put tha weed away for a bit.
try again in like 6 months a year n c how it goes
Weed is a great drug but it still has its unwanted effects, and theres too much bullshit out there to get a clear answer on it.
I enjoy pot now moreso only whilst on op8's, otherwise im anxious.
Thats just me but:\

So. I been smoking for 7 years now. I use too LOVE smoking pot. It made everything that much better. Recently though, about the last year or so, whenever I smoke reggs I get REALLY paranoid and think about everytihng too much. The biggest diffrence in my life is that I'm a chronic opiate user now. Could that have any effect? Last time I smoked piff and dro I got nice but I use too enjoy good regs...sucks. Any advice?

I used to be a heavy marijuana smoker, and now im a heavy heroin shooter. as my dope use increased, i found that pot made me more and more depressed and paranoid, so much so that I rarely smoke now, and if i do smoke it is just a roach and not enough to get stoned.

Well as some of you may not have realised Im totalyl fine now. Im basically clean and I love pot again. Im sorry too everyone else having this problem who's not addicted too opiates and having this problem...atleast this thread offers refuge to people who have this feeling

By the way, your body goes through a systematic change every seven years.
Really?
Also, same shit with me. Honestly, I think it's the acid that did it. I can't smoke DANK weed anymore. Occationally I'll smoke a blunt or joint of mids and that's enough for me.