PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I don't get IT. What is IT?

TheCuriousOne

Bluelighter
Can you help me?
This is a serious question and I ask you to take this seriously:

I tripped on LSD once again about 2 weeks ago, when I probably shouldn't have. (215 micrograms)
The trip did not go to well. Once again, I felt like I "broke" my mind. For 8 hours, I was going back and forth... until I just collapsed in a corner and was left alone with all the crazy and disorganized thoughts I was having.
But one particular thing stuck with me until today:

On the trip, I had an encounter with omniscient entities, higher beings, I will call them "Aliens". They were talking about me in 3rd person.

I've heard their voices talk things like:
"He's never going to get IT",
"He will never understand IT",
"He is doomed to be unaware about IT ",
"He will never be aware about IT"
"His life is a test",
"He is a test subject".

It felt like these entities were pitying me that I will never understand IT. I somehow have a clue what IT is supposed to be.
I think it is a MESSAGE, that I am missing. A message that is addressed to me, but I'm somehow too stupid to understand it. I feel like IT is such an obvious message, but I am blind. It is so obvious, It is in front of my eyes. But somehow I am MISSING it. I AM MISSING THE POINT.

I spent the rest of the trip thinking about IT. What could IT mean. Even typing this, I feel so stupid that I'm missing the point. What did they want to tell me?

These voices I have had (what you would probably call schizophrenic), I don't have them anymore. They were only there when I tripped, so don't worry about that. It's just that all these 2 weeks long I have been thinking about IT.

I think I know the answer, but I'm somehow blocking IT out.
I don't know if I should just forget about IT and move on with my life. But if I would do that and suddenly stop dwelling on IT, that would mean the entities were right and that I will indeed NEVER UNDERSTAND IT. I don't want this to be happening.

Please help me, WHAT SHOULD I DO? What could IT mean? What is the message I am blocking out???

Have you had yourself any thoughts about "IT" when you were tripping? Thoughts like "What is IT?" What is EVEN the definition of IT? Can anyone define IT?

At the moment, it really feels like I will never get it. A paradox I will never understand. I'm literally turning crazy about IT.

Have you ever in the midst of a powerful psychedelic trip, thought about "What IT could mean" ??? I'm serious, what is IT ? What is the meaning of the word "IT"?

Last edited:
Sounds like subconsciously you were hoping to gain some kind of enlightenment through your trip, so much so that perhaps you were too preoccupied in your mind to absorb anything. Maybe the "voices" are just a reflection of your fear that you are indeed missing out on some elusive truth.

A way to look at it might be to think of the effect of the psychedelic as opening up the filters that you normally have on the sensory interpretations that you have of reality. In doing this there is also the potential for various aspects of the mind to add to the flow of sensory information in ways that can appear to be a part of that external sensory reality. No one is really certain, that is one reason why some research these experiences, to try and ascertain the truth of them.

It is entirely possible that all of that was just your mind talking to itself, that IT is something you need to figure out, or your mind was attempting to figure out.
Or it could have been extra dimensional entities of somewhat rude disposition that decided to berate the poor backwards human ;).
When trying to determine the truth of things out in hyperspace, it never hurts to run it past your heart and listen to what it has to say.

Maybe you're thinking that you can take something externally to fix something inside of yourself. No judgement. Just know it leads to a world of pain. Don't read too heavily into psychedelics...it can be bad for you.

To me, "it" sounds like a microcosm of your experience that you're spending too much time focusing on, inadvertently creating a negative feedback loop. It's a meaningless detail from a bad trip, and the sooner you move on, the sooner you'll realize how silly "it" was. That's not to say your trip should be forgotten and repressed, I just don't think anyone here can derive any meaning from something as vague and ubiquitous as the word "it" when it likely doesn't have any meaning to begin with.

Also, sorry to go off-topic, but I couldn't be the only one who thought of this song when they read the title...(2:44 - "what's IT? what is IT?")

Last edited:
Midlife Crisis is a good video too.

But yeah, I don't get it either.
Why are we here? What's the point of it all?
Beats me.

Sounds like you tried so hard to understand yourself you forgot what it was to recognize your own thoughts leading you to trip on them, which led to you interpreting your unfamiliar thoughts as alien entities. Your mind created this idea of "it" to explain you once you lost track of your self or your center in other words. Some issue of self confidence led to critical thought and somehow that you are a test subject in some experiment.... It seems like an attempt to find purpose in life and explain why there is a lack of control in what's around us.

At least that is what I pull from what you said. It's not strange at all and quite creative. Just remember that's a thought you created and not necessarily reality nor a reality everyone shares. It's good to have ones own view of the world and life, but at the same time to not lose sight of the reality we all recognize through our five senses and share.

Edit : Ha! Totally misled me with your post. It is it and I've come to accept that as an understanding. Whether I know what it is does not concern me as long as I understand it.

Edit 2 : Isn't the Internet great?
it
it/
pronoun
pronoun: it
used to refer to a thing previously mentioned or easily identified.
"a room with two beds in it"
referring to an animal or child of unspecified sex.
"she was holding the baby, cradling it and smiling into its face"
referring to a fact or situation previously mentioned, known, or happening.
"stop it, you're hurting me"
used to identify a person.
"it's me"
used in the normal subject position in statements about time, distance, or weather.
"it's half past five"
used in the normal subject or object position when a more specific subject or object is given later in the sentence.
"it is impossible to assess the problem"
used to emphasize a following part of a sentence.
"it is the child who is the victim"
the situation or circumstances; things in general.
"no one can stay here—it's too dangerous now"
exactly what is needed or desired.
"they thought they were it"
informal
sex appeal.
"he's still got “it.”"
sexual intercourse.
informal
denoting a person or thing that is exceptionally fashionable, popular, or successful at a particular time.
"they were Hollywood's It couple"
(in children's games) the player who has to catch the others

Hello, I just registered here because your experience sounded familiar.
I had an intense trip with a lot of marijuana last year that I still can't forget. (I'm a pro-smoker, it was just some great shit.)
I was high as a kite, listening THIS.
Somehow I got a feeling like: "This guy is trying to tell me something, it's about life and universe; it's about our nature. It feels like it's so obvious but how come I can't understand it?"
I was trying so hard to understand the hidden message stored in that random-lyriced song.
Then I closed my eyes and saw some strong CEV's, I was roaming in a desert which disposed in space. There were some gold-plated swans swimming inside the space sand. They stopped swimming and took a look at me, I split into my molecules and that time I jumpscared and felt a lot sober.
So, it's just a desire to know the unknown, a paranoid thought about it. Enjoy your delusions but don't take them seriously after the comedown. This is how people go schizophrene imo.
Sorry for my bad English, hope you can understand the main stuff I wrote about.

Edit: Don't think about IT, IT will drive you crazy just like you said. Just a fake paradox that you've created. I've spent 2 days thinking about what Cisneros (vocals) tried to say.
I got nothing.
I think you should stop doing psychedelics for a while for your mental health. That paranoias can get bigger and bigger. And that dose you took is so high even for hard trippers as far as I know. (Never did psychedelics ever.) (+.+)

Last edited:
Wow I googled IT after tripping once because I got to a point where you were at, except it wasn't as intense as your experience but I understand I think, the loops you end up going through somehow lead you to the idea.. I thought of IT, IT's probably a delusion but I thought of it as something beyond our understanding that ultimately joins all of us as a whole.. I don't trip often now because I easily get delusions, but it's funny that I came to the same word, maybe it's subjective but it could show how similar our thought processes might be.

hi
The alien thing also happened to me in my last al lad trip. I feel like they were scanning me.
but what there were saying was:
he is ready, he's going there. I cannot describe well in words what I was seeing, but it was beyond fuck top. and there ''there'' I was going into was most def filled with light.

my heart was beating hundreds miles a hour, my GF woke me up. My GF told me that me heart was beating out of my chest and that she could see my heart beat outside of my chest. while this was happening and I think I was about to breakthrough or some weird stuff when she stopped the moment by shaking me up. I really thought I was about to die as it was very bizarre and my life energy seemed to leave my body totally. I guess I was about to ego death.

Were they lizard like?

I think it is very serious matter and you should understand that you need to change the way you live now.
''It'' is first of all love
''it'' is also aware of you. aware that you are real. a consciousness that need you to learn and grow. Grow on what? love imo.

put love on everything. love everybody as much as you love you. dont let hate in your heart or judgments. dont accept yourself with negativity,with hate, judgments and care for you, believe in you, love you and love everybody as they are no different then you. excuse people errors and mistakes just as you excuse your own mistakes.

Last edited:
Lol! For a second I thought this was about IT-290!! But yeah, my advice is to not put too much stock into these bizarre trip thoughts, or you'll quickly end up as a burnout mang.

Lol! For a second I thought this was about IT-290!! But yeah, my advice is to not put too much stock into these bizarre trip thoughts, or you'll quickly end up as a burnout mang.
This.
People seem to forget their thought processes get MANGLED when they're tripping. Just chill out and enjoy the loopiness... don't question it.

Unfortunately it's things like this that make me wonder if there are really any spiritual benefits from doing psychedelics. All too often it seems like people have some crazy epiphany or thought about something while they're tripping but then either totally forget about it when they sober up, or in this case not be able to make any sense of it.

Unfortunately it's things like this that make me wonder if there are really any spiritual benefits from doing psychedelics. All too often it seems like people have some crazy epiphany or thought about something while they're tripping but then either totally forget about it when they sober up, or in this case not be able to make any sense of it.
I guess these kind of experiences happen, because people naturally want to know the reason behind their existence and/or the existence of the universe, but at the same time are doomed because they'll never understand "it"...

the right kind of integration would be accepting the fact that you'll never know for sure. I guess this was a big part in my experiences with derealization brought on by psychedelics.

otherwise, psychedelics can be great tools for gaining insight about your personality, realizing the being you are. because you definately are something, even if you never know how you came here in the first place. :)

I disagree, its stuff like this that really is meant to happen for OP and you can see that the trip may have planted a seed that something is wrong with him and his reality.
Without psy, maybe I would have never realized how wrong I was about how I saw myself and my place in the universe.

[video=youtube_share;fcPWU59Luoc]http://youtu.be/fcPWU59Luoc[/video]

I don't know... maybe there are for certain people. For me it's purely recreational and to think too deeply about my experiences would be pointless and exhausting.

Could mean "Information Technology". perhaps you are associating past memories with current feelings. i have that happen after psychedelics.

here's an example:
i was at a Rainbow gathering on independence day and had taken LSD. several thousand of us were meditating around the may pole holding hands ohming. about 2 or 3 hours into the experience everybody breaks out cheering, playing drums, and dancing. i was surrounded with people in colorful costumes wearing bells and ribbons. people were spinning poi and dancing with hoolahoops while music played. whatever was happening at the time that happened i remember.

after what happened faded my memory is gone. my next memory is later that day i am walking desperately needing to find water. at the main circle the reverse osmosis unit is broken. i walk through the woods and find Tea Time and get the same story. i walk hours and as i walk my memory gets better. every camp has the same story. the reverse osmosis unit is broken. every person i ask "i need to find water where do i go?" points down the trail vaguely. the entire time i hear strangers far away yell "We Love You" back and forth (a tradition of sorts). in the end i am on the ground crying lost in the dark. i remember vividly being in the dark crying.

almost the instant i hit the ground crying a group of campers following behind wooshes me towards a kitchen. coincidentally they were preparing a full meal complete with seasoned chicken and the meal had finished cooking as soon as they found me. (-: i found what i wanted to find (water), ate some meat as the drum circle rumbled in the moonlight.

this memory repeats if i feel that way with no apparent reason. perhaps you were remembering past experiences. do you think a person in your life could have said those things in the past during specific times? like people saying "We Love You".