• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

I can't get high anymore

gt_shadow

Bluelighter
I was given a single dose of antipsychotics because the cops were called after me shouting at my neighbours, a single dose of olanzapine + valium while I had been smoking green tea and now I can't get high.

Please, somebody. Help me.

Is it just blocked dopamine receptors? It feels like more than just that is gone.

A single dose of olanzapine (assuming they gave you a pill) blocks about 60-80% of D2 dopamine and 5-HT2a receptors as well as some other receptors. Has a half life of 21-54 hours, however the action at the receptor sites lasts longer than this, closer to 72-90hr half life at the receptor sites.

It blocks the effects of many drugs, stimulants, psychedelics, opioids (to a degree), weed, and some others.

Has no effect on gabaergic drugs and alcohol.

You'll be able to get high again in about 7-10 days after a single dose. If you take it every day for an extended time it could take upwards of 14-21 days to get high again.

There are some drugs you can take which induces the enzymes which metabolize it, which can increase the rate of plasma elimination.

Cigarettes and for example prilosec OTC can help you get it out of your system faster. (do not abuse prilosec, take 1-2 pills per day... you can fuck up your stomach if you take too much).

Don't worry, it will pass.

I used to take olanzapine daily for a few months, however I was still able to get high on weed (it was just dulled a bit). However I've read other peoples stories that it completely blocks cannabis. Everyone is different.

edit: were you literally smoking green tea or is that a euphemism?

Last edited:
it's been 3 years, no it was unfortunately not a euphemism I was out of weed.

I still can't get high, it has been a painfully long time. I don't think it will just pass, not to disagree but my experience has been otherwise. 4/10 at best after a long duration of recovery but I'm still stuck in the mental health system,

What you are saying sounds very helpful, is there anymore you can provide if caffeine happened to be involved in a very high dose and ended up blockaded as well? My life has been turned upside down for the last 3 years since this dosing.

Thanks for the input about it being dulled, it very is much like that but, worse? 4/10, no more real euphoria. Everyone is different.

it's been 3 years, no it was unfortunately not a euphemism I was out of weed.

I still can't get high, it has been a painfully long time. I don't think it will just pass, not to disagree but my experience has been otherwise. 4/10 at best after a long duration of recovery but I'm still stuck in the mental health system,

What you are saying sounds very helpful, is there anymore you can provide if caffeine happened to be involved in a very high dose and ended up blockaded as well? My life has been turned upside down for the last 3 years since this dosing.

Thanks for the input about it being dulled, it very is much like that but, worse? 4/10, no more real euphoria. Everyone is different.

Are you sure you are not taking any other medications? Not being able to get high 3 years after taking a single dose of olanzapine would be a medical anomaly.

Not judging you for smoking green tea, I've smoked catnip before.

If you truly are not on any other meds/antipsychotics and still can't get high after 3 years I don't know how to help you unfortunately.

So you still get high a little bit? Are you sure it's not just tolerance? Bunk weed? When I smoked every day, all day, my tolerance was so high I would only get a slight buzz for 10-15 minutes.

I'm sure, just a little bit. It is the worst, it feels like an anomoly but at least I'm able to find handfuls of other antipsychotic reports that they can't get high. Banking on blocked dopamine receptors.

Has anything in particular helped? I've taken dopamine agonists but they're only mildly effective and not in the manner that getting high does.

I'm sure, just a little bit. It is the worst, it feels like an anomoly but at least I'm able to find handfuls of other antipsychotic reports that they can't get high. Banking on blocked dopamine receptors.

Has anything in particular helped? I've taken dopamine agonists but they're only mildly effective and not in the manner that getting high does.

Dopamine agonists are not going to help with antipsychotic antagonist. Antipsychotics have a huge affinity and will not be pushed out... but again 3 years is more than enough to reset any changes to your brain from antipsychotics.

You may just be a medical anomaly bro... there are rare cases of people with unique bodies who can't get high on any drugs (from what I've read).

You'd have to be taking the medication regularly for it to affect weed all the time. It'd be out your system in days after one dose. I take Pregabalin daily, and it takes away from the weed buzz for me, so I'll just not take the evening dose sometimes so the weed is better. Perhaps it triggered something in your mind that has affected your perception of the weed high? That's all I can think of, it's medically implausible for a single dose of a med to be having any effect whatsoever on brain chemistry after that long. Those on Olanzipine reporting they are unable to get high anymore will be on it daily, as it's usually prescribed.

It was a wafer,

I swear to you, what incentive is there for me to lie about my situation. I CANT GET HIGH! It feels like the quality of my life has been significantly impacted,

It was a combination of olanzapine wafer + valium + caffeine. I think it may have to do with phosphodiesterase enzymes and dopamine receptors but I wouldn't be able to tell. I plan to go to the GP soon and try and get a consult with a neurologist, this has turned my life entirely upsidedown.

It was a wafer,

I swear to you, what incentive is there for me to lie about my situation. I CANT GET HIGH! It feels like the quality of my life has been significantly impacted,

It was a combination of olanzapine wafer + valium + caffeine. I think it may have to do with phosphodiesterase enzymes and dopamine receptors but I wouldn't be able to tell. I plan to go to the GP soon and try and get a consult with a neurologist, this has turned my life entirely upsidedown.

Nobody is calling you a liar man. There are many things that could be going on here. Olanzapine does not effect your dopmaine receptors for 3 years.

If you have truly not taken any medications in 3 years then I would blame what you are experience on some form of tolerance, and if it's not that you are 1 in a million and should be studied by science for not being able to get high.

There are really no other possibilities...

SAME O SMOKE DABS WAX MOSTLY FLOWER DONT WORK FOR ME .............TIME FOR A BREAK EHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I haven’t had my ability to get high blocked by any other drug for more than a few days. Sometimes though I’ll find myself getting less and less high even as I’m smoking more and more. I stop for a week or so, feel grumbly because I’m not high > and then magically it’s reset.

OP it’s not out of the question that it is your physiology; one enzyme here, a lowered metabolite there - and you aren’t getting high. If it is your physiology, it might be downstream inhibition/regulation.

Howlong a t-break have you taken?

Tom

Last edited:
I haven’t had my ability to get high nlocked by any other drug for more than a few days. Sometimes though I’ll find myself getting less and less high even as I’m smoking more and more. I stop for a week or so, feel grumbly because I’m not high > and then magically it’s reset.

OP it’s not out of the question that it is your physiology; one enzyme here, a lowered metabolite there - and you aren’t getting high. If it is your physiology, it might be downstream inhibition/regulation.

Howlong a t-break have you taken?

Tom

Up to a month at a time,

I've been using synthetic cannabinoids as well so I don't think it's my CB receptors that are downregulated. I've found a handful of experiences on reddit so far with people who can't feel a high anymore and it seems consistent with DA antagonism or blockade.

I really want to fix this, I think you may be onto something about enzyme/metabolite imbalances

Using synthetic cannabinoids will screw with your tolerance a lot.
Im glad i dont use that at all anymore, however once a week use of synthetics for numerous weeks, blocked weed working for me at all after stoppimg. Took few months of nothing to fix itself

Using synthetic cannabinoids will screw with your tolerance a lot.
Im glad i dont use that at all anymore, however once a week use of synthetics for numerous weeks, blocked weed working for me at all after stoppimg. Took few months of nothing to fix itself

I abused various synthetic cannabinoids many years ago when they first got popular. I wasn't able to get high on regular weed again for about 5-6 weeks. Fuck that shit.

Olanzapine, wont and cannot be in your system after 3 years, if the drug is not in your system you cannot be getting an effect from it. Olanzapine is not a one off drug and must be used on a regular basis to exert an effect. Ergo the problem does not lie with Olanzapine and/or Valium (if anything Valium adds to a cannabis high and alleviates any concurrent anxiety). I find it hard to believe that they would use the wafer form of Olanzapine (quick acting melt) and Valium to calm a person while giving caffeine which is a stimulant, I think you may have made a mistake with that one.

If you take cannabis regularly - I take it every day for health issues except when I leave the country for 1 to 2 weeks a year when I go without. I do not get high EVER. I can smoke an Oz of really good stuff and other than the pain relief the only effect I might get at those levels is some tiredness although I tend to feel energised whenever I smoke. Daily smoking ruins any chance of a high and even a 2 week break is not enough for me to reset my receptors, I am thinking I'd need, but never take, a couple of months break.

If you have been poisoning your system with synthetic cannabinoids you may have caused more long term issues with tolerance and if you are using any antidepressant type drugs they could be hindering the high too.

Olanzapin is terrible medication. I got a M1 for being violent some years ago and in the facility they made me eat olanzapin. It makes you zombie. Nowdays i only use it to get sleep if i have done stimulants or something. It makes you fat as fuck, i never ate it regular but my dads friend did and he got super fat.

I was given a single dose of antipsychotics because the cops were called after me shouting at my neighbours, a single dose of olanzapine + valium while I had been smoking green tea and now I can't get high.

Please, somebody. Help me.

Is it just blocked dopamine receptors? It feels like more than just that is gone.
I know it’s been some time, but did you ever recover OP? I saw your mention further down that you also took a dopamine agonists at one time do you think that’s played a role??