• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I can't feel my suboxone dose, not dissolving correctly

Adsleeves

Greenlighter
I have been having difficulties with taking my 4 mg suboxone dose. I've been taking it for four years now. Too long maybe. Anyways the last week of taking my dose it hasn't been working for me at all. I get no relief and it almost feels like I haven't taken it afterwards. My dose used to dissolve after about a half an hour of my mouth filling up over and over again with bupe orange tasting saliva. Now I take my dose and it doesn't seem to dissolve. After a half hour of holding it under my tongue it doesn't do that anymore and i don't feel the sticky residue feeling of my strip dose underneath my tongue. Has anyone else experienced this? Are the films bad now? They seem to have lost potency and effectiveness. Never had this happen until now and its ruined my quality of life. Why? Why now

I literally feel withrawl when still trying to take my doses. Please help if possible

If you are fully hydrated and your mouth is not dry you should have no issues dissolving a suboxone under your tongue, once you place under your tongue clamp your tongue down tight against it given your mouth is hydrated and wet it will begin to break up and turn into liquid let that sit like that for at least 20 minutes and swallow, if you are using tablets I would suggest breaking them up in pieces and put it under your tongue and clamp down tightly

Sorry for the bump I know I am stupid, your suboxin should begin to dissolve immediately when putting under your tongue given you have hydrated mouth it really does not take that long at all to turn into a liquid. I hope what you are getting is truly Suboxone

Yeah man. They are the 8 mg films. I've been on them for years. They just seem to have truly lost their flavor and kick. Its a bitch. Not that they ever gave me any high.just made me feel better every time I dosed.

You could have something with that clamp down tight part. If Im not doing that anymore for some reason my saliva would build up under my tongue and render the doses useless and cause the differences I've been noticing. Thanks. Ill try it and report back tonight.

you could try taking your sublingual dose with a small amount of alcohol - i use vodka.
not sure if it just makes it absorb better or whether its a potentiator but it works; just hold the vodk in your mouth along with the pills - feels like it burns a bit but it's fine

Gonna switch to 4's instead of 8's. Still gonna be on the same dose. Will I have issues?

If you're still taking the same amount of milligrams a day as before then you shouldn't have any issues.

My dose used to dissolve after about a half an hour of my mouth filling up over and over again with bupe orange tasting saliva.
Man, this makes Suboxone sound pretty shitty! My guess is you got some expired subs, or someone switched your good ones for some fakes.