• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids I am taking Percocet 5/325 3 per day and no pain effect now

spirit330

Greenlighter
Help! Taking 3 3/525 percocet a day and no longer feel effect. What can they increase to and how much oxy and acetomenaphen is too much. I have increased it before doc appt to get relief. I don't want to OD but what is the maximum amount of the oxy or the acetomenaphen before you will OD? I've doubled this amount tonight. I know I'm not close but still need to know maximum maybe to tell the doc if he hedges on increasing. Also was taking Tramadol 6 50 mg a day before Percocet and that amount stopped working. Can I take more Tramadol? Which is safer? Lifts your mood overall. Not like a high? Thanks!

opioid tolerance goes up fairly quickly. the amount you take to OD depends on your personal tolerance. for example there are people who can take upwards of 200mg a day and be ok, others can od on 30. since you are taking 9mg of oxycodone, see if your doctor can prescribe you 15mg oxys, this dose will probably get the job done. general rule of thumb: the higher the amount of oxycodone in a pill, the less acetaminophen. about 4000mg of acetaminophen is the max a person can take before experiencing negative side effects, so you will be fine taking a couple more percs if you cant get he 15s. stay away from the tramadols, the risk factor is too high for those.

First off, it takes a lot of oxy to od, at least a lot more than 15mg lol. Since you're taking them for actual pain what I would ask you doctor to do is raise it to a 7.5mg or 10mg percocet pills with 325mg of tylenol. Take 3 a day as needed for pain. Trust me man, there's no risk of oding or hurting your liver with the mg you're taking. Also, I wouldn't recommend taking tramadol with oxycodone. The best bet for making your pain pills work again is just upping the dose a few mg. If the pain persist, after you up the dose you should talk to you're doctor and switch to a stronger opiate, though oxy is generally accepted as the strongest, hydromorphone and fentanyl are much more potent and provide quick relief. With all that being said, I have to ask is your pain chronic or acute, meaning is it pain that will last a long time or will the pain go away in a period shorter than 2 months? If you're planning on being on a long term pain treatment you're best option might be Oxycontin or fentanyl. Oh yeah, Max recommended amount of tylenol a day is 4000mg, though I have taken near 7000mg without any problems. I'm not recommending you do that, but just know it takes massive amounts of tylenol to cause medical problems. The maximum dose of oxy you can take without oding varies. I have taken near 150mg at once, over 200mg in a day. At you're tolerance level I'd say you would risk oding if you took anywhere over 70mg or so. Though that is just an educated guess given your current prescription.

Try adding ibuprofen to your existing dose of oxycodone