I am forced to quit Dex cos dealer has shut up shop

What you're feeling is normal, your brain is used to being on potent stimulants all the time. If you give it time things will start to get better. Things like drinking everyday won't help though, you will eventually need to replace the amphetamines with a new rewarding hobby/activity (hopefully something healthier).

If you feel like it's too much you could try the rehab route or maybe you could try getting a prescription for amp.

it's over. my daughter already had the LP I spent $48 bucks on.
That’s pretty much a myth I think (except where there are a lot of court-ordered reprobates being forced to go to the meetings. I went to one earlier this week and people were very welcoming and sincere and gave me good advice - most were many years sober.

Do you think you would benefit from going to see a brand new doctor and just unloading everything on them and asking for a fresh look at what your diagnosis really is and what new pathways forward their might be?
That's a damn good idea, except I suspect a lot of GPs would just chuck me out of the office ... I'd have to persist.

My current GP has written a ref for me, with a view to getting assessed for ADHD by a shrink, but her letter will never get my foot in any doors. The shrinks who treat adult ADHD all want to be sure that you don't have any other problem, like depression or trauma, and I have had both. Plus I am on Valium. Plus I have a history of alcohol issues. All of this is outlined in my current referral letter, and two shrinks so far have refused to see me.

Maybe I should go to a fresh GP and lie about everything except the Valium (which can't be hidden - cos even if I stopped Valium tomorrow I would still test positive for about 3 months).

I am so sad, all else aside, that my daughter already HAD that damn Buzzcocks record. Nor did she like the jacket I bought her. I had to take it home.

Am just getting drunk now. I have no more Dex and no prospect of anymore Dex except perhaps in about four weeks, when my brother scores off someone he knows and will chuck me a few if he feels like it ...

And the weekend stretches ahead ...

I think I'll just stay up all night tonight and try re-set myself into "nocturnal" mode for at least a few days. It's the daylight hours I can't bear. I am always much better at night ...

It’s a shame you are in (WA?). If you were in Sydney my psychiatrist would have you sorted in no time flat. He believes substance abuse is a symptom of ADD and that stimulants will reduce it.

Try tyrosine to support your neurotransmitters during this time.
It might take more than a supplement ... I am already doubling up on my already massive dose of 2 different anti-depressants. oh shit. I am feeling tearful already...it's cos of my daughter and bloody "Grease". She already had the LP I had bought for her as a present and rejected the jacket I found for her that I thought she would like.

It’s a shame you are in (WA?). If you were in Sydney my psychiatrist would have you sorted in no time flat. He believes substance abuse is a symptom of ADD and that stimulants will reduce it.
There used to be a doctor like that in Perth and he got struck off the register in the end.

BTW, can you still get OTC codeine in NSW? You haven't been able to get it in WA since 2018.

I used to function on this odd combination of OTC codeine and the antihistamine phernergan (?sp?) pretty well.

I've really missed the OTC codeine. I've really missed the OTC Sudafed. I used to be absolutely fine when you could still get those things. I don't know what's with this ideology ... this fascism ... about Australians and OTC meds. In WA you cannot get anything stronger than paracetamol and aspirin anymore. And even the aspirin is frowned upon.

Paracetamol is a MENACE and causes thousands of deaths every year....

It's absurd. Even my GP thinks it is absurd. Now there's another new thing: even 20 Panadeine Forte on script are not covered by HCC...it's a private script.
I'm so depressed, sorry for shit posting. I wish I'd had better luck with my daughter's present. I better walk to the petrol station before I get too pissed and buy a bag of potato chips or something ....

It's absurd. Even my GP thinks it is absurd. Now there's another new thing: even 20 Panadeine Forte on script are not covered by HCC...it's a private script.
I'm so depressed, sorry for shit posting. I wish I'd had better luck with my daughter's present. I better walk to the petrol station before I get too pissed and buy a bag of potato chips or something ....
On my tortuously sore knee...just ate EIGHT aspirin...

I’m in CA and my psychiatrist felt I had ADHD so he gave me Vyvanse all while I was being treated for major depression. I would definitely go see the psychiatrist when you get back from Greece.

I’m in CA and my psychiatrist felt I had ADHD so he gave me Vyvanse all while I was being treated for major depression. I would definitely go see the psychiatrist when you get back from Greece.
Lovey I am not in Greece. I am in Western Australia ....unless you were talking to someone else?

Oh han
Lovey I am not in Greece. I am in Western Australia ....unless you were talking to someone else?
Oh, I see what's happened. Tonight I went to see the musical "Grease" at my daughter's high school.

Not Greece!

No-one is even allowed to cross the state border where I am right now because of COVID. Let alone flit back and forth overseas!

I think she means this kind of Grease:
Grease_ver2.jpg

Not this kind of Greece:

main-qimg-453c26e89ce6c2202e4f8ee0b33f7e55

Oh no, I know you were simply a visitor to Greece. I was simply suggesting that all psychiatrists do not have a hard and fast rule re: ADHD drugs and depression treatment. I so wish my dad, a psychiatrist, was still around and had not committed suicide!

Lol, @BellaJewel she went to go see her daughter in a musical rendition of the movie "Grease" in Australia. She did not go to Greece.

Oh, I’m so sorry. Your daughter is an actress! I thought you had just misspelled the country! My bad!