View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals I’m about to try mushrooms for the first time

goalie

Greenlighter
I’m buying either a quarter or half ounce from a friend who is very knowledgeable on the subject. He said they were “subs” which are really potent.

I’ve never tried them before, what dose should I take? considering I would like a profound experience that will show me the way to a better life.

Also how long do they usually last and take to kick in? I’ll be eating them dried. And how long will it be until I can dose again?

Thanks

What’s your previous drug experience?

Your friend should know best what does is enough for what you look for as we can’t know potency from you saying “subs”..
Ive done heaps of different drugs, done lsd a couple of time but not shrooms. Subs are generally know as potent mushrooms in australia, but he said they were good. He said a gram or 2 would get some nice effects going.

If you have done LSD you should already be familiar with what mushrooms bring, though they are a bit more fucky and "pull-the-rug-under-you"-y in their effects, like a distortion rather than a vibration as with LSD.

If you have done LSD you should already be familiar with what mushrooms bring, though they are a bit more fucky and "pull-the-rug-under-you"-y in their effects, like a distortion rather than a vibration as with LSD.
It was a vibration from my memory with lsd, im looking for more of a life changing epiphany experience

I wouldn't even say they are more fucky. I wouldn't say anything so as to manifest what it's going to be like.

What dosages of LSD have you done before? That will be a perfect ground upon which to base my personal suggestion of mushroom dosage.

If you are looking for life changing epiphany, I feel like 5 grams is similar to 300ug, but I digress. That was only how it was for me with my body chemistry. All I know is that the life changing mystical experience begins when you introduce marijuana while on any various dosages of mushrooms, from 2g+. Most especially 5g+, that is when the novel and special realizations can manifest.

This is my recommendation since you've done LSD before. I would say take enough just to have a full experience, that's generally maybe 2.5g - 3g, and then later in time, go for a deeper experience. I have taken 8g and smoked weed on top of that, and long story short, it was life-changing in the most positive way possible. But I don't recommend jumping straight to 8g.

The classic suggestion from Terrence McKenna is 5 dried grams in silent darkness smoking a bunch of marijuana so as to thrust you into a mystical life-changing journey. Darkness allows the experience to become reality transcendent in nature. You might embark on some incredible life-changing journeys.

The dosage suggestions are based on the common golden teacher strain. I have no idea what "subs" is, and I live in Canada where you can buy like 30 different strains from online companies. It must be a slang term or something. I have no idea.

with the subs take around 2.5 g dried for your first time since you have done LSD before. This will be a solid life affirming trip.

Mushrooms can be very powerful.

Mushrooms can take around 30-40 minutes to kick in depending if you ate before hand or not. Sometimes you start feeling it within 20 minutes depending on your digestive system. The peak can come in waves where were you feel lucid and okay then suddenly tripping balls and dragged into the mushroom realm and repeat.

a trip can last upwards of 6 hours. With the peak lasting around 2 hours.

Remeber to surrender let go. Mushrooms are fucking awesome. I still remember my first time it was beautiful and intense

It was a vibration from my memory with lsd, im looking for more of a life changing epiphany experience

You got this! Take whatever question that you most want an answer to and write it down in your trip journal. If you are living with your parents do not keep a trip journal.
As you are peaking on your mushrooms, pick up your trip journal. Flip to the page where you wrote down that pressing question, and read the question. Suddenly the answer to the question will pop into your head! (well, about 50%). Write the answer down in trip journal below the question.

In my experience about half the time I try this I get something profound, about the other half of the time it's stoner malarkey.

I was thinking by subs OP was referring to Panaeolus subbalteatus, but looks like they dont grow in most of australia.

If they are, they are less potent than cubensis IME.

Anyway, Enjoy!

I was thinking by subs OP was referring to Panaeolus subbalteatus, but looks like they dont grow in most of australia.

If they are, they are less potent than cubensis IME.

Anyway, Enjoy!

Thanks for the informative post! Very interesting.

with the subs take around 2.5 g dried for your first time since you have done LSD before. This will be a solid life affirming trip.

Mushrooms can be very powerful.

Mushrooms can take around 30-40 minutes to kick in depending if you ate before hand or not. Sometimes you start feeling it within 20 minutes depending on your digestive system. The peak can come in waves where were you feel lucid and okay then suddenly tripping balls and dragged into the mushroom realm and repeat.

a trip can last upwards of 6 hours. With the peak lasting around 2 hours.

Remeber to surrender let go. Mushrooms are fucking awesome. I still remember my first time it was beautiful and intense
Yes I took 2.0 grams of Psilocybin mushrooms and it was stronger in many different ways than a very high 300ug LSD experience.

Original poster: these are the shrooms you have. I remember them called Pan subbs, but they are renamed. Eat at least 1.5 grams