• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Hypnagogic/Gabaergic hallucinations (very strange)

Snafu in the Void

Moderator: NMI Bukowski Jr.
Staff member
So after my "drug induced schizophrenia" diagnosis a few years ago I have this really odd thing happen to me now when I take any gabaergics, which previously I was almost certain they were hypnagogic hallucinations but now I'm not so sure.

I no longer have visual (open eye) hallucinations, hear voices or anything like that from the schizophrenia... just some music in my head but that's a different thread. Also I stopped taking the antipsychotics a year ago because I simply don't need them anymore.

Every time I take any gabaergic, gabapentinoid or alcohol to the point where I get tired and nod out - or if I'm actually trying to go to sleep on them - I have some closed eyed hallucinations which range from mild to extremely vivid. I actually find them VERY interesting and quite literally entertaining. It does not bother me at all.

The best way I can describe them is they are similar to CEVs from nodding on opioids, but also different.

They can vary, but most commonly its almost as if my eyes are OPEN and I can see the room around me. Literally like if I'm laying in bed I will see the ceiling fan above me or my computer desk or something. Strangely they start out blurry and then come into focus as if I were focusing a camera. They become VERY clear and vivid to the point where sometimes I actually have to remind myself my eyes are CLOSED and I'm not actually looking at something. Other times they will be almost exactly like opioid CEVs where I see random places/people/things. Rarely they will be psychedelic in nature and very strange in a way I can't even describe. Not fractals, but just very weird things I can't describe.

These CEVs occur without any other drugs, just gabaergics, however if I smoke some weed too they become even more powerful. They seem to be more powerful when I am actually very tired and nodding out / falling asleep.

I'm assuming this is an effect my brain adopted after the schizo diagnosis, and again they don't bother me at all - I find them entertaining!

Does anyone else get CEVs from gabaergics? Or CEVs while falling asleep?

I have noticed them with alcohol, various benzos, phenibut and now GHB as well. They do not occur when I am sober.

Last edited:
i was hear voices when prescribed olanzpine but now they stopped, i was finding them entertaining too 🤣
I did not find the voices entertaining at all, they were scary and disturbing.

But these CEVs im talking about are entertaining, its like a free movie while I nod out

Last edited:
though I've 'dialed in' to radio stations on large amounts of ketamine and DMT co-administered...

Ooooooo that combo sounds really interesting! I loved LSD + DMT but it was so intense I don't feel the need to do it again (yet)

But the last time I did DMT a couple weeks ago or whenever that was the entities told me not to come back for awhile, and I respect them, so I will listen

I'm probably getting my hands on some 2F-DCK soon

I love CEVs, jeez.

Me too!! I enjoy them more than OEV's IMO. They're more meaningful I think.