• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Hydromorphone - Palladone IR, 2.6 mg - IV prep, full procedure

blues runner

Bluelighter
Hello everyone.

To moderators, I looked around the site and the most appropriate place to post the information I intend to do here was in an old mega thread; its last post was over a year ago and the poster's question was unanswered, so in the interest of communicating what I think would be of interest and help to many here I am starting this thread here. Please move it or change what must be changed; I did my best. While I've been a member of Bluelight for 13 years my time here has been spent reading, gathering information...I think I've written around a 100 replies and this is my first thread, which I feel compelled to write for the following reasons:

1) While hydromorphone has been covered extensively here and elsewhere, I recently moved to a Belgium where it seems to only be available in hard capsule form, made by Mundipharma BV, under the brand name Palladone. I know this brand exists in other countries and is available in various forms and dosages, but locally this is all I can find, and I'd never come across it before. I've scoured the web looking for the best method to IV this and have been able to find very little, nothing helpful. I have encountered inquiries, but no definitive answers.

2. After trying a combination of approaches over the last several months or so with largely disappointing results, I tried again about an hour ago and this last attempt proved quite rewarding. However, it is imperfect and I know that its harm reduction technique could be much better, but it is not foolhardy and roughly falls in line with what I and many others feel is "good enough" when considering the lack of availability of certain HR materials, like wheel filters for instance, and my "next best" mindset which I know from experience is practiced by others as well. I use this for pain relief and virtually anything else for recreation. I generally avoid IV'ing pills, but sometimes they're all one has. I started IVing heroin in the Far East 27 years ago. It was "number 4" heroin, and I've found its quality to be unsurpassed when it comes to the other types of diacetylmorphine available around the world, all of which I've tried. Anyway, as we're probably all aware of, hydromorphone is best known and sought for its unique rush compared to other opiates/opioids when IV'd. I'd always wanted to experience it in full, and today is the closest I've ever got to that, so I wanted to share what I did in making it happen here. Again, I know it leaves this and that to be desired as far as harm reduction, but the results were excellent. Over the last 27 years, this is one of the safer methods I've used to inject anything. I've never had a soft tissue infection and am still pretty healthy because I do what I can as far as rotating injection sites, only using a needle if I can help it, etc. Having said all that, and of course assuming anyone out there could benefit from this particular brand of hydromorphone and its astonishingly frustrating composition when it comes to IV use, here goes...

1. Do all the usual. Find a place where you won't be interrupted and use sterile equipment, wash your hands, etc. You know the routine.

2. These are 2.6 mg capsules that contain the hardest little beads I've come across in any ER or time based drug, or non-time based drug that has beads for whatever reason. I used 3. Today was the first time I tried something that enabled me to really pulverize the little sons'a'bitches to dust, and I think that's what made the difference. They laugh at any pill crusher I've tried, and the old 'card crush over a cigarette pack cellophane' method doesn't work either; they just punch right through the plastic. So I used one of my rotation crushers which by itself only ever managed to chip or fragment a few here and there, but raised the bottom of the receptacle by using thick aluminum foil that I folded over and over, cut to size, and placed a near perfect fit of a large coin on top of. After one attempt, I opened it up and was immediately able to see that far more damage had been done to them, and more of them, than anything I'd seen before. However it was far from enough. Ultimately I repeated this about 10 times, and finished them off with a mortar/pestle type method (I'd tried this before as well, but it was too much trouble for its worth, and all too often the beads would go flying over the rim along the way and drop wherever they'd land) with the base end of a steel tube...crushing and turning. Altogether this took about 5-7 minutes, and resulted in the former beads resembling any simple white powder.

3. I drew up 200 units' worth of tap water I'd poured into a clean glass by drawing up a 100 unit 29 gauge insulin syringe twice, spraying the water into a clean cooker. I added a bit more, because some water I'd lost when I bring the contents to a boil. After maybe 5 seconds, I dumped the now powdered beads into the cooker, and used the base end of a plunger to stir and mix the contents. After a few minutes, the water had cooled to room temperature but for the first time, it didn't resemble a thick, pseudo-aqueous mixture dt always had before. It was thin and pourable. I did not add any more heat at this or any further point.

4. With scissors, I'd cut in half the filter of a generic brand, very dense cigarette filter pack I bought in the corner market shop (these filters are somewhat like the thin, super dense filters in any Ultra Light brand of cigarettes like Capris or something where you draw hard and get but since a wisp of smoke from the effort), and I quickly dipped it into a shallow upside down pill container cap that I'd filled with salt water. Just enough so it'd be absorbent thanks to the salt, but not thoroughly water logged, I placed it into the cooker's now room temperature solution, moved it around a bit with the base of the same plunger to get it full, and used a new needle to slowly draw up the liquid with bevel end resting on top of the filter. This I did once it twice until I had roughly 40-50 units' worth in the syringe. I shook it and held it it up to the light, and it contained no visible particles at all (remember, it had already been cooled), looked like water, basically.

5. I chose a good vein. I don't have many left, having taken my first shot 27 years ago, but it's important to note that throughout those 27 years I was on/off, sometimes for as long as 5 years, and I always rotated, did my best to use a new point, so as long as I'm hydrated and have exercised enough to get the blood flowing, I can still find them. I registered, depressed the plunger slowly, drew back a bit too make sure I was still in which I was, and by the time I took the needle out id already felt a wonderfully warm surge along the vein. 5 to 10 seconds later...oh man, what a rush...warm and powerful euphoria throughout body and mind. I'm not sure how long it lasted, at least 5 minutes of anything better than I've had in a long time.

Note: As mentioned, I used 3 capsules, each containing 2.6 mg hydromorphone HCl. Since it's not an exact science when considering the number of variables that have to be done in order to simply get a solution that can be drawn up, my shot was probably somewhere between 4.5 to 7 mg hydromorphone. When the cooker dried, there was much less crude, caked residue in it than usual, but definitely a thick white coating, no doubt the fillers, binding agents, etc. A cold water wash might yield something, but I haven't tried. Also, you could get potentially cleaner results by packing a large syringe (no needle) with cotton and pushing the solution through that way, several times. Better yet I'm sure, be a wheel filter, which I've yet to ever try. Up to you. Like I said, this was an imperfect process, but considering how difficult pharma makes these things today, and how little time it took relative to the results yielded, I thought it might be of help to anyone out there who's come across this Palladone variant and has been looking for a decent method to get a desirable result, which it certainly was. I can shoot 50 mg of MS direct, and this was far better. Different of course, both good, but I preferred this. Heroin, in particular the no. 4 salt, is my favorite. Everyone is different. Try it if you like, I'm going to do another right now. This doesn't last as long as I'd like, but the rush was great and followed by a couple hours, maybe 3, of euphoric enough painlessness. Be careful, good luck, hope it helps someone.

Last edited:
Wow - I thought Pallidone was a UK product. Maybe the DEA has come down so heavily on even legitimate opioid producers?

Are you sure they are an SR formulation. In the UK we have 1.3 & 2.6mg IR formulations and SR formulations upto 24mg.

Anyway, the BNF gives a list of the excipients:

Microcrystalline cellulose
Lactose (anhydrous)

So it's likely that they would dissolve in hot water given time. I can only presume that the beads are produced under a lot of pressure. That or they will dissolve in an acid (don't forget how acidic the stomach is).