• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Hydromet syrup questions

snowdaytoday

Bluelighter
I was prescribed some hydromet for a cold/flu I had a few months ago and still have most of the 6 ounce bottle left. I was told that 5mL is equivalent to 5mg, and 1 teaspoon is equivalent to 5mL so one table spoon should be enough to get a buzz if I have no tolerance correct? I am not asking for dosage, just trying to make sure I am correct about all of this before I dose so that I do so safely.

Is it hydrocodone or hydromorphone? Hydromorphone if u have no tolerance 5 mgs oral should produce a pretty good buzz.if its hydrocodone the only way the 5 mgs will make you feel anything is if you have zero tolerance to opioids.

They are two totally different things.....hydromorphone is a combo with morphine. Hydrocodone 5 if you have any tolerance at all you will not feel a thing. I personally have not taken hydromorphone but 5mg to me still doesn't sound like much but I have a high tolerance but if you have a low one then you should feel something.

yea basically your right 5ml is one teaspoon or 5mg. Not sure how much of a buzz you will get but good luck!!! (my tolerance is just too high lol)

They are two totally different things.....hydromorphone is a combo with morphine. Hydrocodone 5 if you have any tolerance at all you will not feel a thing. I personally have not taken hydromorphone but 5mg to me still doesn't sound like much but I have a high tolerance but if you have a low one then you should feel something.

Actually hydromorphone is a totally different chemical then morphine,it isn't a morphine "combo"... It is a HYDROgenated ketONE of Morphine, hence, HYDROmorphONE. 5 mgs orally without a tolerance should be active. They make 1 mg dilaudids for pain control in people with little or zero tolerance

Ok well I have a bottle of hydromet which has hydrocodone in it correct? I just took 5mL of the shit, with absolutely no tolerance to opioids. How long do effects take to become apparent and also, how long should i wait before dosing again? How much would be too much?

I also have some syrup that just says Hydrocodone on the front without really listing any other ingredients. Would it be better to drink the hydromet or hydrocodone?

Last edited:
I would take the one that has hydrocodone as the sole ingredient first for sure personally