• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Hydraulic Presses For Extraction

Jibult

Bluelight Crew
So I'm thinking of buying a hydraulic press for easy access to extracts. I'm getting kind of salty about seeing them in stores but not being able to buy them without the right credentials.

Does anybody have one, or have any experience with these things? They used to be super expensive and commercial/industrial-sized, but I just saw one built for personal use and marked WAY under $1000.

I'm like THIS CLOSE to buying this bitch, but I figured I'd hop over here and see if there's anyone that could push me off the fence first.

I think it depends on how much you want to produce at one time, people who are home growing might have needs for larger presses but honestly if you're pressing an eighth at a time a hair straightener would work and then just use the squashed buds for edibles to get everything out of it

Also the cannabis specific ones were extremely overpriced when I looked at them around 8 years ago but maybe things have changed.

I think it depends on how much you want to produce at one time, people who are home growing might have needs for larger presses but honestly if you're pressing an eighth at a time a hair straightener would work and then just use the squashed buds for edibles to get everything out of it

Also the cannabis specific ones were extremely overpriced when I looked at them around 8 years ago but maybe things have changed.

There's a really cheap one that piqued my interest (cheap relative to the last time i looked.)

It's a smaller version of the Nugmasher. It actually seems really affordable to me given the prices of seen in the past, and I was just kind of considering it one of those Treat Yo'self things.

I've actually never fucked around with a hair straightener. I might look into that and do a little trial run, but i'm still interested in just pressing a button, seeing shit squish and collecting the goo. idk, sounds fun to me.