• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Hycodan help?

Lhlnctic

Greenlighter
I'm brand shiny new here... but I need help with this med. I take hydro, quite a bit of it at a time, typically 60mg at one time but this hycodan is new to me. I'm aware that is has hydrocodone in it but the homatropine is what's concerning me. I've read every link google offers on hycodan, googled homatropine itself and I'm concerned about taking so much of the homatropine if I take a full 60 mg dose of the hycodan. Can anyone please shed some light on this? I do have a high tolerance but I know nothing about this other ingredient and do not want to end up sick because of it. Please and thank you! (Again I'm new, if I posted wrong or worded my post badly I apologize.)

Last edited:
It just means BlueBell moved your question to the appropriate forum. As far as Hycodan, it contains 5/1.5 per 5ml of hydrocodone/homatropine methylbromide. You know where you stand on the hydro.

Homatropine is an anticholinergic agent added to Hycodan to both dry secretions and prevent abuse from chugging the whole bottle. In too high a dose, anticholinergics act as deleriants which most find entirely unpleasant in every way. You would need 60ml to get to 60mg hydro. That would mean 18mg homatropine. While it is almost never used, homatropine methylbromide used to come in 5 and 10mg tabs to use to treat peptic ulcers. The max single dose I believe is 10mg and daily 40mg. So you exceed one and not the other. Still, I cannot stress how shitty anticholinergics in higher doses can make you feel. I personally wouldnt drink it but your choice.

I couldn't seem to edit my post and had a follow up question lol... I've been taking 4 tsp without any ill effects which if my math is correct amounts to 6 mg of homatropine at one time. That being said, and your info being considering as Well, would it be safe for me to take that dose 3-4 times a day? As I said I've had no Ill effects from the homatropine that I can tell. Not even dry mouth. I believe if I were to take it at a max 4 times a day at that dose I would be at 24 mg of homatropine for the day... which is below the 40 you quoted... so that would safe perhaps? I've taken that dose twice so far with no issues so I'm assuming it would be but I thought I'd ask lol. I know next to nothing about homatropine besides what you told me. And again, thank you! I appreciate the help very much....

And it deleted my first post to your response... haha. Sorry!

Great, thanks! I'm actually going to try to use this as a way to wean myself off completely. I have si joint dysfunction that is rapidly deteriorating and like any other pain patient I didn't ever intend to get addicted and honestly don't even like the "high" hydrocodone gives. But after so many years, three Times a day, tolerance built and now its a problem that is basically ruining my life. I hope to be free of this soon, I'm aware that 60mg is a massive dose and I don't even like taking an antidepressant lol I just hope this works. Withdrawals from this are no game especially when you actually are in pain as well as addicted. Thank you again!