• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hycingla or Xtampza

Queenbean413

Greenlighter
I have A choice between both of these extended release medications. My first question is which one is stronger? My next question is: can either of these be tampered with to get the opiate by itself? I?m a pain patient but I never find ER to work too much and I?m only given a very little amount IR. Please do not preach that I shouldn?t mess with my meds. I?m gonna do it anyway and this forum is to teach me how to do it safely so here I am!

What dose?

Would probably go with Xtampza, although it MAY be easier to tamper with the hydrocodone;

Would need to check it, not familiar with xtampza, think it's been mentioned don't know details

The other is just er hydrocodone-really need dosing info, and what breakthrough meds you take. Also, will suggest an ANALGESIC, not how to get high as possible, although no problem telling you about the SR techs if knew them, and which one is less tamper resistant (would guess hydro, although Xtampza may be easier than OP Oxycodone which is, well it sucks- though generally oxy is superior to hydro if taking meds correctly, however personally do not like er/CR/SR/the other CR(seriously) and in pain would break it, most likely (if practical) even for PO use. Again post the dose options you have if possible

I’m on 3 - 30mg of roxy/day currently and 2- 20mg of OxyContin ER per day ( been on this for 3-4years. And for the most part it still works unless I’m having a really bad day) . My insurance won’t cover OxyContin anymore. So these are my choices. I think I’m going to get the same 20mg 2x/day with both of these. I find if I cut the OxyContin up into Small pieces it gives me more pain relief because I guess more Oxy is released faster that way. I actually take one cut up and the other one I take as directed before I go to bed - no tampering. What I really need is another IR pill but that’s just not gonna happen.

Wow your Doctor is in reverse; it should be like OP 40 2x per day, and like morphine 15 or 10mg oxymorphone prn;
(MScontin FAR better; 90mg oxycodone= ~135mg, add in the extra 40mg oxy, your a candidate for 100mg BID) if you take them by mouth/PO, and you liked the oxy, you could probably just crush the beads if you needed to occasionally break time release; actually grinding them would work fine, although you already have Roxies, you need a DIFFERENT secondary CR medication; will insurance cover Opana? If you got 20mg of that BID it would be 1.5-2x as potent as the OP?s were, and it holds longer, although you can?t do much about the SR; The regular would be far superior, and snorting 10mg is close to ~50mg oxycodone analgesically because of the low BA% of P.O. administration; another alternative is hydromorphone SR, some generic formulations are available and some people really like it,(personally was only effective IV, although never tried large dose SR capsules/tablets)

You would only need 7.5, or maybe 15mg, to be safe and cover those occasional days of extra pain/anguish

Think you should try 8mg hydromorphone er generic, 8mg tablets; it will be an improvement with two opioids working together, or MScontin,( or whatever morphine SR) as it?s a classic, and 30mg would be fine, and SR properties typically easy to break,(OP?s always have a time release matrix, you can speed it up a bit, however without ridiculous effort or chemicals, your not getting pure, Roxie oxy style oxycodone ;)

If you have to pick between two expensive, and pointless evergreen bullshit products with some for of tamper resistance, go with 40mg hydrocodone; find a calculator that matches, or say that the 10 extra mg would actually be an improvement after long term treatment -30-40mg twice per day, in any case

Last edited:
Thanks!!! I’ve really needed to change dr’s. I used to have a great one that actually listened, I moved away! It’s scary to change because the next one might end up being worse! and there is just not a lot to choose from around here.