• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Hunched over. Opioid use related?

Opi_Kid_Rock

Bluelighter
Hello BL,

I see often enough in my local, homeless individuals who use illicit drugs who seem permanently hunched over. And I am not sure if the information in the general media is fact or fiction regarding opioids being the cause of such degenerative back or posture issues.
Users with this severe hunched over posture is caused through opioid use or is it a completely different and specific back condition or deformity?

Hello, massage therapist and addict here.

Unfortunately what we are witnessing is the result of drugs being cut with xylazine, an animal tranquilizer. It is EVERYWHERE.

Opioids do NOT do this.

Look at videos of addicts in Kensington on YouTube. Is this what you're seeing?

I'll go with what she said ^ but I was gonna say it sounded like more activity related than drug related until the mention of whatever word that was ^ also on another note..possibly they're standing on the corner too much hence the funny posture..jk

Drug caused osteoporosis from fucked up hormones, metabolism and what not from toxic mix USA junkies call a drug? After friend showed me video of a man in Baltimore I think with his bone visible from injecting whatever flesh eating substance hearing of hunches caused by drugs doesn’t sound weird.

As stated it could be from screwed up hormones and also from nodding and laying down often when high.

Cauliflower ears were a sign of opium smoking in the Orient cause they used hard opium pillows.
I could see modern users who don’t lay down (Homeless or people on a sofa.) getting back problems/hunched over look.