• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How would one know if they're starting to feel opioid withdrawal?

nyvar

Bluelighter
Ok, so I have been regularly using meth via iv for some time now. Following some unfortunate circumstances coupled with my own emotional immaturity and some rather poor decisions made on my part, I have began incorporating small amounts of heroin into my daily iv routine.

Now when I say small amounts, I mean incredibly small amounts. My roommate/current partner has a pretty hefty habit and extremely high tolerance. He goes through at least a gram a day (China style, so certainly cut with fent or similar derivatives) he will put roughly half the dope in one shot and gives me a negligible pull on request. I then take the 2-4 units and add water until all color is lost, bringing it to about 70 units. From there I typically do between 6-12 units (usually mixed with my shots, even less if it's by itself) 3-5 times daily (all depending on the strength of the batch, any responsibilities I may have that day, etc)

I've been doing this approximately 4 months or so, but am starting to wonder how long it can take for the physical addiction to occur. Presently I do get cravings for it, maybe some added irritability and anxiety, but other than the constipation from using, I don't get any physical symptoms that I can confirm are attributed to the drug itself (or lack there of).

Usually begins with physical symptoms, feeling colder than normal, yawning, watery eyes and joint pain (for me generally in the knees).

Things like anxiety/restlessness/sleepless generally progress from there.

It always begins with yawning and watery eyes for me. Sudden perceived body temp changes and sweating. First night you'll likely be able to pass out but the second night you will get terrible RLS that prevents sleep (at least this is my effects curve for the opioids i've had withdrawals from)

If you have to ask yourself if you're really experiencing any withdrawals then you probably aren't, but I guess you could get some minor withdrawals with that kind of use.

I have noticed that I often find myself having congestive issues that are immediately cured by opiates, but we also have serious mold issues in the apartment. I've had random issues with joint pain but not consistently. It doesn't help that I haven't had to go without for longer than a day. (Trust me, that is in no way a complaint, I'm very grateful, just objectively stating for the purposes of this thread.)

Last edited:
I have noticed that I often find myself having congestive issues that are immediately by opiates, but we also have serious mold issues in the apartment. I've had random issues with joint pain but not consistently. It doesn't help that I haven't had to go without for longer than a day. (Trust me, that is in no way a complaint, I'm very grateful, just objectively stating for the purposes of this thread.)
Heroin withdrawal in your early days of heroin use can be mild compared to how they are in later addiction, some stomach discomfort,chills, goosebumps frequently, constipation , feeling anxious,the feelings of being “ not high” all consuming , I don’t recall have RLS early on in addiction that first surfaced for me with a methadone withdrawal,

3-5 times daily for a few months is more than enough to get you in a bad spot but nothing that can’t be overcome if you want it, your at a fork in the road……

Ok, so I have been regularly using meth via iv for some time now. Following some unfortunate circumstances coupled with my own emotional immaturity and some rather poor decisions made on my part, I have began incorporating small amounts of heroin into my daily iv routine.

Now when I say small amounts, I mean incredibly small amounts. My roommate/current partner has a pretty hefty habit and extremely high tolerance. He goes through at least a gram a day (China style, so certainly cut with fent or similar derivatives) he will put roughly half the dope in one shot and gives me a negligible pull on request. I then take the 2-4 units and add water until all color is lost, bringing it to about 70 units. From there I typically do between 6-12 units (usually mixed with my shots, even less if it's by itself) 3-5 times daily (all depending on the strength of the batch, any responsibilities I may have that day, etc)

I've been doing this approximately 4 months or so, but am starting to wonder how long it can take for the physical addiction to occur. Presently I do get cravings for it, maybe some added irritability and anxiety, but other than the constipation from using, I don't get any physical symptoms that I can confirm are attributed to the drug itself (or lack there of).
On such tiny amounts you are unlikely to have developed a physical dependency, despite doing it for 4 months. It also happens for instance when the dope is so weak and poor in quality, that someone who technically has a big habit and comes off is then extremely surprised to not get much in the way of symptoms.

Personally with me it always starts with a runny nose and watery eyes and I can't stop sneezing. Xd