How well known/famous is Bluelight?

Do me a favor.. go on any other forum or board (regardless of what it's about) and ask and recieve your answer.

Judging from my sampling of acquaintances (many of whom are moderate to heavy drug users), bluelight is not very well-known at all. Everyone always asks what the "BL" on my hoodie stands for.... :)

I prefer it like this, it's a little community, not invaded by trolls, and you know a greenlighter not only by the name but the way they post, because people adapt to the environment, IMO that's a good thing.

^ yeah people have time to learn and appreciate the already large based community.

id say its quite a large community with many flowing topics on many different things, its growing at a steady rate.

you can tell when more people are signing up at once, as you find it gets repetitive and boring.

There have been a few instances of media exposure, notably when a bluelighter died from an overdose a few years back.

I think there was also a notable BL mention in SPIN magazine (probably right next to an ad for the Adam & Eve catalog).

[EDIT - the SPIN mention was over five years ago 8o ]

Last edited:
i was banned from a few events boards b/c of affiliation with this one. put it that way.

"events boards", WOOD? What are those?

kittyinthedark, good one with the hoodie. A couple of years ago, while completely wasted, I took my then avatar (green, flying, big eared weird alien thingy), blew it up a bazillion times, printed it on iron-on paper and ironed the fucker onto the back of a really nice white shirt. It took up the whole back. I wore it once. I miss that shirt... before the iron-on.

there was an Australian Magazine that had a small feature with BL in it, I think it was Ministry magazine.

Best that it`s not too famous, as it retains a certain standard of posts which most message boards lack, as far as I know. Not to mention the unspecified respect and open-ness which is evident between BLers of diametrically opposed views when (on occasion) a serious issue is discussed. So, thank you BL!

Well doesnt this board only have 50,000 members? That's not too big considering some other forums. Well known/famous? Well, I personaly dont know anyone who posts on internet forums, or atleast they dont admit it (and neither do I).

Christian Soldier said:
Well doesnt this board only have 50,000 members?
Christian Soldier = joined one year ago = member #59116