• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

How Tramadol, Touted as Safer Opioid, Became 3rd World Peril

KS78

Bluelighter
"KAPURTHALA, India (AP) — Reports rolled in with escalating urgency — pills seized by the truckload, pills swallowed by schoolchildren, pills in the pockets of dead terrorists.

These pills, the world has been told, are safer than the OxyContins, the Vicodins, the fentanyls that have wreaked so much devastation. But now they are the root of what the United Nations named “the other opioid crisis” — an epidemic featured in fewer headlines than the American one, as it rages through the planet's most vulnerable countries.
Mass abuse of the opioid tramadol spans continents, from India to Africa to the Middle East, creating international havoc some experts blame on a loophole in narcotics regulation and a miscalculation of the drug’s danger. The man-made opioid was touted as a way to relieve pain with little risk of abuse. Unlike other opioids, tramadol flowed freely around the world, unburdened by international controls that track most dangerous drugs.
But abuse is now so rampant that some countries are asking international authorities to intervene."

Source: https://www.usnews.com/news/busines...crisis-is-raging-through-the-developing-world

Of course its "abusable," but it's a hell of a lot better for people to be using counterfeit tramadol pills than fentanyl mixtures.
fent aside, i'd rather rip my spine out than take tramadol ever again over a decent semi-synthetic opioid/ an opiate such as morph/diacetylmorphine

when you experience true 'serotonin' you'll know why tramadol is the devil.

Tramadol is one if the least safe opioids if you ask me (I am aware no one did :ROFLMAO: ). I got Serotonin Syndrome from it because I was also on Trazodone and an SSRI.
Although I took huge doses (up to ~1200mg) I never got a seizure but they are pretty common in doses in excess of 400mg in a 24hr period.

Tramadol is one if the least safe opioids if you ask me (I am aware no one did :ROFLMAO: ). I got Serotonin Syndrome from it because I was also on Trazodone and an SSRI.
Although I took huge doses (up to ~1200mg) I never got a seizure but they are pretty common in doses in excess of 400mg in a 24hr period.
OIIII yesss. that's about right while i'd been taking LOADS of gaba drugs, thankgod or who knows, but 3 hours of bliss with 1100-1200.. then 16 entire hours of eternal hell, how was your SS?

but you know what, vs other opiates, definately if the drug itself is respected it can be safer, But, i suppose the same can be said for opiates, if the doses are respected then there should only be the risk of physical addiction, aside from that anyone can get habituated psychologically to everything

OIIII yesss. that's about right while i'd been taking LOADS of gaba drugs, thankgod or who knows, but 3 hours of bliss with 1100-1200.. then 16 entire hours of eternal hell, how was your SS?

I was diagnosed with "mild SS" but I still felt very unwell for a good couple weeks. I don't remember that well but symptoms I remember are sweating, diarrhea, tachycardia, I was feverish and I developed an essential tremor in my hands and legs which has never entirely gone away (I still have a very slight tremor that comes and goes)

I was diagnosed with "mild SS" but I still felt very unwell for a good couple weeks. I don't remember that well but symptoms I remember are sweating, diarrhea, tachycardia, I was feverish and I developed an essential tremor in my hands and legs which has never entirely gone away (I still have a very slight tremor that comes and goes)
gosh i'm sorry you still have residual effects :( i'm so glad i was eating stupid doses of gaba drugs at the time (not intentionally to combine at all) but i was naive and figured "what's tramadol got on my morphine" well.... its definately an opiate of sorts, but taking too much will mess you up forsure, i've never been so sick in my life, for a few hours i was back n forth to the freezer for ice cold water to take rediculous rips of hash from my bong and it'd only help that tramadol nausea for about 15-20min ughhh i'll remember it forever

RESPECT TRAMADOL, DON'T TAKE MORE THAN 400MG

Thankyou stay safe!

Once I experienced nausea from Tramadol, I was never able to tolarate it again. I remember even 100mg caused long lasting nagging nausea.

Tramadol is definitely not as safe as it's touted to be. I abused it from the age of 14-20 and it was readily available in Beijing, China where I grew up. It was no questions asked until about 2008, but then the Olympics came and that went away. But you could still totally buy it on "Chinese Amazon" for cheap and with no controls. I had seizures twice from it around 15 and ultimately it was the gateway Opiate that introduced me to Heroin at 19 when it didn't cut it anymore. I will say it's SNRI properties as an anti-depressant are interesting though.