• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How to use fentanyl patches to hold off oxy WDs a few days? Please help!

36jojo

Greenlighter
So I’ve had an upto 250mg oxy habit (sometimes more) for years (with another 40-60mg hydrocodone most days). Unexpectedly need to get thru a few days before I can get more. Usually low to medium dose every few hours round the clock, so wd’s start hitting pretty quickly.

Only thing I have is some fentanyl patches (25mcg & 50mcg Mylan). Never tried fent before.
How can I use this minimally to hold off the withdrawals and function a few days.

I want to stick with wearing it transdermal and not mess with any other roa.
My first thought was to cut the patches down so it’s smaller doses. Initial search online said stuff like “… it changes how the patch delivers medication. This could release all the medication from the patch at once and be dangerous.. “ Is this true? Is there any way I can safely cut the patches?

Would really appreciate any help!

Axe is right, especially if you’re just trying to get through a few days. Transdermal patches are made to slowly seep into your body over a period of time, so those
Patches would deliver their dose over 24 hours. If you look at the converter you’ll see the 250mg a day oxy is equal to 125mcg over 24 hours, with safety room. Just start a little lower than the converted dose and give it time to see how you feel. Not twenty minutes, but a while. Those patches take some time.

whatever You do, start slow, titration up. Don’t fall into the “Yo this Molly is bunk I don’t feel shit” trap and take more, then have it all smash you at once. And make sure someone you trust is around and knows what you’re doing in case you need help. basic harm reduction stuff.