• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How to reverse cross-tolerance?

CosmicVoid

Greenlighter
Mainly regarding Methylphenidate.
I can't feel any effect, even from huge dosages.
How to solve? Methylphenidate was a strong help for my ADHD, and Depression Major.

Thanks in advance,
Best regards.

Only answer is to take a break from stimulants.

BTW, generally ADHD responds best to very low doses of stimulants. Huge doses just fuck up ADHD people same as anyone else.

Only answer is to take a break from stimulants.

BTW, generally ADHD responds best to very low doses of stimulants. Huge doses just fuck up ADHD people same as anyone else.

Thank you, for the reply.
I already tried break from Methylphenidate, for few months; nothing changed, still without Methylphenidate benefits. Currently, is around 1 month from the last failed attempt.
I read this thread: https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/can-memantine-reverse-methylphenidate-tolerance.782187/ where the user tried 3 months of break+cardio, and got zero results. In small words, seems that only a break is not enough, or almost useless. So, I'm looking for a molucule, able to reverse the "black-out". Do you have any idea?

(I read the entire thread you suggested without finding anything useful. Anyway, thanks for the share).

Thanks in advance,
Best regards.

Last edited:
Please, I'm in a really difficult situation. I can't see the way to escape. Doctors have no clue. There should be a fucking way to reverse this bastard tolerance. I'm urgent, try to understand. Thanks in advance.

Have you looked into trying a different drug? Adderall? Methamphetamine?
How long were you taking the Ritailin before this happened?
If it really was a tolerance issue, taking a whole month off should've had you feeling something. Stimulants can be tricky though and if something sudden happens like abruptly getting zero effect from your DOC, you can trick yourself into feeling that way every time after. The mind is powerful

If you live somewhere that modafinil isn't a controlled substance, it won't reverse stim tolerance, though it could be used to keep you somewhat productive while your tolerance to NDRI's/NDRA's slowly resets. It has some slight effects on dopamine iirc at higher dosages, I wouldn't think it would be substantial enough though to hinder your body from becoming re-sensitized to traditional psychostimulants. Don't go over therapeutic dosage ranges for it, and it could possibly allow you some relief from the malaise you're experiencing.

NMDA antagonists without significant effects on dopamine release allegedly can help with reversing stim tolerance, although when I tried this with 3-meo-pcp, it seemed to make no difference. Possibly one would have to have included small doses of NMDA antagonists before stimulant tolerance developed to reap any benefit against tolerance formation.

If you live somewhere that modafinil isn't a controlled substance, it won't reverse stim tolerance, though it could be used to keep you somewhat productive while your tolerance to NDRI's/NDRA's slowly resets. It has some slight effects on dopamine iirc at higher dosages, I wouldn't think it would be substantial enough though to hinder your body from becoming re-sensitized to traditional psychostimulants. Don't go over therapeutic dosage ranges for it, and it could possibly allow you some relief from the malaise you're experiencing.

NMDA antagonists without significant effects on dopamine release allegedly can help with reversing stim tolerance, although when I tried this with 3-meo-pcp, it seemed to make no difference. Possibly one would have to have included small doses of NMDA antagonists before stimulant tolerance developed to reap any benefit against tolerance formation.
I mean personally I’d take a break and supplement with tyrosine and 5htp for about a month or so. But I’m no doctor and I’d consult with one before taking any supplements

I mean personally I’d take a break and supplement with tyrosine and 5htp for about a month or so. But I’m no doctor and I’d consult with one before taking any supplements

... especially these are supplements they affect your brain highly!

JJ