• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids How to increase the potency of Gabapentin?

jaxs0

Bluelighter
1) Why is staggering recommended?

2) How should it be staggered? Starting at what does?

3) I heard food increases its potency...is this true? If so...

a) when should food be consumed - before taking Gabapentin (how long before), after (how long after), during (how often), or a combination of all?

b) any particularly kind of food for maximal benefit?

4) When is the peak of it's affect?

5) How long does it's affect last after the last dose?

6) When staggering every hour and you are on your last dose 4-5 hours later, is the affect of the first dose (4-5 hours later? still present? Thus essentially stacking on the affect of previous doses and increasing their affect.

7) What other prescription drug can one combine Gabapentin with to increase it's affect?

8 ) What other prescription drug can one combine Gabapentin with to keep the affect of Gabapentin while amping you up?

9) Does Gabapentin make your eyes watery or/and red? If so...

a) anything over the counter or prescription you can take (such as eye drops) to counter this?

10) Any other pointers?

Geez okay. Staggering is recommended because gabapentin is absorbed via an amino acid transporter in the gut, which is only able to absorb a maximum of like 300-600mg every 30 minutes. So more taken than that at once will pass through without absorbing. That's why staggering 300-600mg every 30-60 minutes is recommended. When I take gabapentin, I dose 300mg every 30 minutes until the desired result is achieved, which for me is usually about 1500-1800mg, but some people are way more sensitive (one user on here says a single 300mg knocked them on their ass and they were too fucked up - this is highly unusual but possible).

Taking it fatty foods helps absorption, I'm not exactly sure why but it must have to do with the amino acid transporter kinetics.

Each dose of gabapentin will take about 2 hours to reach full effect, and will last quite a long time, perhaps 12 hours. So take that into consideration. When I dose gabapentin, I'll stop at 1800mg, which takes me 3 or so hours to consume in 300mg increments, and I won't hit the peak for another 2 hours after that.

Be aware that NSAIDs, I believe especially naproxen, will increase absorption so will make it more potent. I wouldn't recommend combining it with other downers.

It isn't exactly sedating, it's sort of sedating and stimulating at the same time. It makes me feel very motivated, cheery, and chatty, not very intoxicated, but relaxing at the same time. I don't notice any particular eye redness.

Don't take it daily, tolerance to the good effects builds very rapidly and physical addiction/withdrawals are serious and long-lasting. Leaving several days (at least) between usages will allow you to continue to experience beneficial effects without risk of physical dependence.

Geez okay. Staggering is recommended because gabapentin is absorbed via an amino acid transporter in the gut, which is only able to absorb a maximum of like 300-600mg every 30 minutes. So more taken than that at once will pass through without absorbing. That's why staggering 300-600mg every 30-60 minutes is recommended. When I take gabapentin, I dose 300mg every 30 minutes until the desired result is achieved, which for me is usually about 1500-1800mg, but some people are way more sensitive (one user on here says a single 300mg knocked them on their ass and they were too fucked up - this is highly unusual but possible).

Taking it fatty foods helps absorption, I'm not exactly sure why but it must have to do with the amino acid transporter kinetics.

Each dose of gabapentin will take about 2 hours to reach full effect, and will last quite a long time, perhaps 12 hours. So take that into consideration. When I dose gabapentin, I'll stop at 1800mg, which takes me 3 or so hours to consume in 300mg increments, and I won't hit the peak for another 2 hours after that.

Be aware that NSAIDs, I believe especially naproxen, will increase absorption so will make it more potent. I wouldn't recommend combining it with other downers.

It isn't exactly sedating, it's sort of sedating and stimulating at the same time. It makes me feel very motivated, cheery, and chatty, not very intoxicated, but relaxing at the same time. I don't notice any particular eye redness.

Don't take it daily, tolerance to the good effects builds very rapidly and physical addiction/withdrawals are serious and long-lasting. Leaving several days (at least) between usages will allow you to continue to experience beneficial effects without risk of physical dependence.
Thank you so much for that. Much appreciated!

About tolerance...how fast is it build? For example, if taken 4 days a week, let's say for the first time ever...would the first day be like the 4th day? What about the following week, after a 3 days break, would the 5th time be like the 1st time? 4th time?

No, tolerance builds quite rapidly, so that even the next day will be much diminished. Some of the effects such as calmness and nerve pain reduction remain after the greater recreational effects stop working, but taking it multiple days in a row is not worth it, IMO. The best effects are felt at once a week or less. Every 3 days is the maximum I can recommend for maintaining the good effects indefinitely, and over time it will lead to increased tolerance and even light physical dependence maybe. If you make a habit of taking it multiple days in a row, you will quickly find that you won't be able to get the really good effects from it anymore. Plus even 2 days in a row won't be as strong. On the 4th day, you wouldn't get much, certainly not the pro-social stimulating magical-feeling effects at all, and you'll ruin your tolerance.

It's a drug best left to non-regular use, or to combat certain types of pain.