• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides How to Improve LSD experiencie using other "stuff"?

luuchlsd

Greenlighter
Hi guys, I'm from Brazil. I'm new here and I liked spending time reading some threads bout lsd and psychedelic experiences; and I have some stuff I would like to know.. and i also have some doubts about how can I improve my ''trip'' or psychedelic experience using other things to ''power up'' the LSD(if there's how)

Once a friend told me you could use vitamins to increase MDMA experience, read some stuff about ritalin improving LSD experiences too.

I like going to Rave parties a lot, eletronic music festivals and stuff, and I often use like 4 whole squares of LSD, the average here by each portion is like 110-200 ug by each square (I dont know ho you guys call it)

But what I really want to know is that if there's a way you could use like, I don't know, any other substance that is legal and may act togheter increasing the power of the psychedelic experience that is not another hallucinogen or another recreational drug.

I use MDMA sometimes and I often have visuals and stuff, not much, but i can see walls ''shaking'' and moving like in small or medium-low dosis of LSD i'd like to know if i'm not tripping about it.

I Like using MDMA to increase my LSD trip and they synergize perfectly , i love it, The reason i'm asking these questions especially the first one is because LSD in my country is too expensive as well as MDMA and I would like to know if there's a legal drug without prescription, or a vitamin or a fruit whatever who can do it(not necessarily like MDMA.

Thats it, thanks :) and sorry for the bad english, haven't practiced for a while

Last edited:
Not well versed in supplements but can maybe answer your other question.
"I use MDMA sometimes and I often have visuals and stuff, not much, but i can see walls ''shaking'' and moving like in small or medium-low dosis of LSD i'd like to know if i'm not tripping about it."

Two factors here: Your MDMA might have some MDA as well. Some synthesis routes use MDA as a precursor to MDMA although that is rare. Sometimes X will intentionally have MDA added to make it subjectively stronger. The other thing to consider is that MDMA can make your eyes rapidly shake back and forth, perhaps contributing to your visual disturbances.

^^The idea that chemists synth MDMA from MDA is a misconception and is never actually done in real life despite the fact it is feasible. This comes from PIHKAL where Shulgin used the route but nowadays with MDA being just as or more desirable, and the yields not so great, never happens..

Your second point however is dead on and makes me think that's the reason the "walls were shaking". Nystagmus will make things in your vision appear to be shaking and can happen on MDMA alone.

As to you OP.. Phenibut is something which is psychoactive but also legal and I recently found how great it goes with mdma and lsd. Also fasting (not eating) beforehand can help require less dosages but I suppose isn't a huge deal with LSD.

-GC

There's a plethora of legal psychedelics that will take you on a journey that's hard to even picture before you've dipped into it. There's also things like nitrous. Gascid is a highly revered combination.

As to you OP.. Phenibut is something which is psychoactive but also legal and I recently found how great it goes with mdma and lsd. Also fasting (not eating) beforehand can help require less dosages but I suppose isn't a huge deal with LSD.

-GC

how would you describe the phenibut synergy with psychedelics? how would you compare it to benzos? seeing as benzos just basically terminate a trip, or close to it. I would imagine although phenibut has similar mechanism of action, it would add more so complimentary synergy as WELL as anxiolytic effect rather than just straight termination or putting you into a different headspace

Yes from my experience benzodiazepines cancel the trip out more than anything else. Low dose of phenibut added a nice relaxation yet stimulation to the experience (not like edgy stim tho) and just made the whole experience "better" for lack of other descriptive words.

I feel it mixes more beautifully with mdma than LSD but I'm still in the early stages of experimentation so can't say anything to definitively.

I'd suggest making sure you get your phenibut from a good source. After doing my research I found just like all drugs not every vendor has stuff that feels good. I first purchased from one vendor that is the most popular one from what I can see and while it seemed pure it didn't feel as good as another vendors stuff I tried so keep that in mind.

I'll say this man. Phenibut mixed with mdma and LSD a few weeks back was quite possibly one of the best experiences I've had in a long long time. There were other drugs mixed in tho..

-GC

nox vomica, apparently improves an LSD experience. So does low doses of lithium. But these are dangerous compounds.

I hear syrian rue helps potentiate a shroom trip. Not sure about LSD, but I don't see why not.

^Syrian Rue potentiates LSD well. Mescaline containing cacti might be good to mix in. It's probably easier to find in Brazil than LSD and Mescaline and I find at the right doses when mixed with mdma and/or LSD, it is great for music events.

-GC

LSD+MDMA+N2O in my opinion is the ultimate psychedelic combination. I've never had more profound visual, bodily and mental effects from any other substance or combination of substances. I find N2O allows you to briefly experience an incredibly powerful LSD trip without actually taking all that much LSD. And I agree, good MDMA potentiates LSD visuals substantially.

Using vitamin C to potentiate psychedelics is a myth, it doesn't actually do this, even though a great many people suggest that it does. Of course, it's never a bad idea to take. In general, good nutrition and having the appropriate vitamins and minerals present is good for everything.

Nootropics such as piracetam and others in its class can help to potentiate psychedelics, because they increase the rate of communication in the corpus collusum, which facilitates both sides of the mind communicating better.

Some psychedelics, like the psychedelic amphetamines (DOC, DOM, etc) as well as lysergamides like LSD cause vasoconstriction, and L-arginine, an animo acid, promotes vasodilation, so preloading with it can help offset some of the side effects of these drugs. Similarly, L-theanine promotes relaxation and reduction in anxiety so it can be useful to preload with to help with come-ups and body tension/anxiety.

Dissociatives like ketamine, MXE, DCK, O-PCE, etc potentiate psychedelics to a large degree. In my experience they help the psychedelic come up and establish itseolf more comfortably and effortlessly, but they do also make the trip a lot stronger so use with caution. MXE is my favorite thing to combine with psychedelics, although you can't find it anymore. I like to take a low to moderate dose shortly before dosing a psychedelic, and once it starts to hit, dose the psychedelic.

MAOIs such as syrian rue or moclobemide cause psychedelics (in fact, any monoamines broken down by MAO-A) to be broken down slower, which increases their strength and duration. It's quite safe to take with lysergamides and tryptamines, but it can cause problems with some phenethylamines and is very dangerous with amphetamines (like MDMA) so be careful if using them.

how would you describe the phenibut synergy with psychedelics? how would you compare it to benzos? seeing as benzos just basically terminate a trip, or close to it. I would imagine although phenibut has similar mechanism of action, it would add more so complimentary synergy as WELL as anxiolytic effect rather than just straight termination or putting you into a different headspace

Phenibut acts totally differently to a benzo. It's doesn't kill the trip at all. What it does is it provides a baseline euphoria/confidence/anti-anxiety/positive mindstate. That's what makes it good for psychedelics, it makes them more comfortable and have a more positive angle, in a natural way, as basically what phenibut does is makes you feel like you're just having a great day and nothing can get you down. I tend to combine phenibut with psychedelics almost every time because I find it helps me get more out of trips, without reducing the trip at all. Phenibut takes a good 4 hours to really develop so it's best taken around that long before you dose a psychedelic.

Be careful with phenibut though... it's more of a drug than a supplement, it's a prescription medication in Russia where it was created. It's physically addictive if you do it too often.

I was wondering if mixing Pregabalin with psychedelics would have some positive effect.
Any ideas?

DocLad

I'm guessing it would be similar to adding phenibut, except pregabalin is more intoxicating. I find the two drugs quite similar, which makes sense since they're both gabapentinoids.

I use pregabalin every time I take Tramadol. The visual effects I get from this combo remind me of high doses of MDMA/MDA. Really crazy things. I might venture to take Pregabalin with psychedelics if there are no dangerous interactions.

DocLad

No dangerous interactions, actually I'd expect it to be fairly dangerous with tramadol as they both lower the seizure threshold, so be careful with that.

Not much is known about the pregabalin + psychedelics combination but serious interactions are neither expected / predicted theoretically nor do they seem to be observed, no.

I don't think pregabalin necessarily reduces the intensity of the trip, but I still think it can take the edge off while part of the intensity of a trip can drive and thrive on that edge. Part of the action of gabapentinoids is a reduction in how strong excitatory neurotransmitters act (and there is some stimulation / sympathetic CNS effect, even if partially indirect), but the serotonergic effect is not excitatory I believe.

I like the combo but would still save it for the late stages of a trip. What I love about taking pregabalin at that point is not just that it relaxes, but it can bring back the trip when I am lying in bed in a much more dream-like way. To me the visuals of pregabalin are like monochromatic imagery (looking as if made up of shades of something akin to quicksilver or "energy" visualization) and can involve a lot of unpredictable and often meaningless shapes and patterns happening. The effects of e.g. acid fit very comfortably in this alien TV static that is pregab.

Other than that I don't think most combo's with depressants are surprising in interaction and not recommended unless you want to make it banal and physical. In general I would also be wary of drugs that make you narrow-minded on psychedelics as there may be dissynergy..

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/565201-PD-Drug-Combination-Subthread-List
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/611943-The-Big-amp-Dandy-Combo-Thread-Take-2

Racetams such as piracetam (the original one though definitely not the strongest most effective one of the family) can potentiate many drugs each in their own ways, without being a recreational drug itself. However the results can be unpredictable so proceed with caution.

Other than that pay close attention to set and setting. While making sure that you are safe enough, set yourself up for an experience that regardless of the drugs promises to have elements of novelty and unpredictability as well as challenge. This of course can be tricky but think of it like this: plan things you haven't done (much) before and which do pose risks, but make those risks you can afford. Risk lots of difficulty but not harm.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I'm from Brazil. I'm new here and I liked spending time reading some threads bout lsd and psychedelic experiences; and I have some stuff I would like to know.. and i also have some doubts about how can I improve my ''trip'' or psychedelic experience using other things to ''power up'' the LSD(if there's how)

Once a friend told me you could use vitamins to increase MDMA experience, read some stuff about ritalin improving LSD experiences too.

I like going to Rave parties a lot, eletronic music festivals and stuff, and I often use like 4 whole squares of LSD, the average here by each portion is like 110-200 ug by each square (I dont know ho you guys call it)

But what I really want to know is that if there's a way you could use like, I don't know, any other substance that is legal and may act togheter increasing the power of the psychedelic experience that is not another hallucinogen or another recreational drug.

I use MDMA sometimes and I often have visuals and stuff, not much, but i can see walls ''shaking'' and moving like in small or medium-low dosis of LSD i'd like to know if i'm not tripping about it.

I Like using MDMA to increase my LSD trip and they synergize perfectly , i love it, The reason i'm asking these questions especially the first one is because LSD in my country is too expensive as well as MDMA and I would like to know if there's a legal drug without prescription, or a vitamin or a fruit whatever who can do it(not necessarily like MDMA.

Thats it, thanks :) and sorry for the bad english, haven't practiced for a while
Well that x and Lucy is termed candy flipping in my area then you got a hippy flip which is mushys and Lucy also I mean swim does enjoy a nice dmt cart after an 6-8hr trip. I'd have to term that as the total mind reset.

Welcome Luuch...I find eating plenty of decarbed sativa weed adds to LSD in a big way. So do phenyls like DOM, 2C-B and of course good MDMA (if you can ever find good MDMA).

4-aco-DMT also works wonders but can be a bit intense - at one point as I was walking through a nature reserve I thought the top of my skull had been removed and I could see in 360 degrees.

I got one!
ClosedAdeptHoatzin-max-1mb.gif

I find that Cannabis is uncomfortable on the peak of LSD. I've read of many others feeling the same way. It makes a clear euphoric trip foggy and maybe dysphoric, can actually send me into a milder bad trip.

However, pot is great after the peak, 3-4 hours later works. Waiting 5 or 6 hours gives a wonderful easing into a nice high.

Not to waste a data point like this, I've found that Marijuana on a light dose of LSD is quite nice. ;)

I also found something similar about PCP. Drinking on a dose of PCP would always make me sick, yelling New York to the toilet, unless I drank lightly.
Not wasting that info, I found that a light dose of PCP was a great potentiator for a nights drinking.

Last edited:
I suggest doing healthy basic things to legally potentiate LSD and MDMA.

Stretching, meditating, eating well, getting some sun daily, strengh exercises, and sleeping well. All of these boost the mood naturally and will have a significant effect on your trip. It's best to do these days before the trip.

Phenibut is a good cheat to put you in a great state of mind before the trip.