View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How to get the best out of a first time LSD trip

PINKmonster325

Greenlighter
So, in a completely hypothetical situation, 'Zeus' is interested in experiencing LSD. (Him, nor Kyle, have ever taken psychedelics before) Zeus might be around 15-16 years old. The current plan is for Zeus and his friend, 'Kyle,' to go camping on a weekend mid-November. (Zeus's parents will also be there.) 125ug of LSD is to be ingested when Zeus's parents go to sleep (about 10:30-11pm), and Zeus and Kyle will wait for an hour or so before taking a walk to the beach. I was wondering what precautions can be taken to reduce the chance of a bad trip, and if the nighttime may make the experience more fearful for them. They also plan on staying up all night, but I have read that LSD can keep you awake, and that the closed eye visuals are fun. What would be the best way for Zeus and Kyle to experience the trip, including any preparations that need to be done ahead of time, that will allow them to get the most out of their trip, as well as reducing the possibility of a bad trip.

Thx=D

Don't trip around your parents and don't trip at the age of 15.

Give it a few more years.

And use the first person please :)

The above. Imho your mind is probably not mature enough for an experience like that. NEVER do it around people who do not approve or understand what you're doing! Especially parents. You freak out for whatever reason, they wake up seeing you like that, they freak out too. A trip to the hospital is the last thing you want on LSD. Have you tried any psychedelics before?

The number one way to enjoy an LSD trip is by not worrying about how you're going to enjoy your LSD trip ;)

Don't trip around your parents and don't trip at the age of 15.

Give it a few more years.

And use the first person please :)
This.
Really give it some time. But if your not going to take the advice at least test your shit with a kit or ecstasydata.

Such a bad idea, and I'm 20, so it's not like I'm your parents age telling you not to do it.

Honestly OP, if I were you I wouldn't do that..

The chance of having a bad trip is much bigger when you are at the age of 15-16 years man.
It's not even been a week since I've seen a friend of mine who just turned 16 having a badtrip on magic mushrooms.

And you seriously don't know how bad a bad trip can be...

I took my first trip at around 15, my friend and I took half a blotter with a superman logo each. After around an hour and a half nothing happened so we thought we were sold fake blotter. I went home and suddenly started tripping hard, I was lying in my bed feeling quite scared for the next 6-7 hrs as the dark shadows in my room morphed into scary sinister looking faces that were busy tormenting me. That experience put me off taking LSD again until my early 20's.

I'd agree with the above posters to wait a few years, or at least take it in a better setting.

There are too many unknowns in such a young head, are you sure you wanna go poking around in there?

Psychedelics drugs are not entirely for fun, nor are they entirely fun in themselves. Even low doses of pure drugs can cause the most terrifying effects! Tripping is a serious business & I don't think someone below 18 or 20 is mature enough to understand just how serious.

How do you know, at 16, that you even have genuine LSD? Read this thread about the dangers of other, much riskier drugs being sold as LSD. It's a very, VERY common problem! - http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...e-warning-Taking-unknown-blotters-sold-as-LSD

Insomnia is going to make your trip worse. If you absolutely must trip at 15, start in the morning. If you don't know when, find a day when your parents are going to let you go hang out at the park or something, don't go into any stressful situations, remember that your ability to perceive things is limited by the drug, and accept that you're going to feel and think some things you might not normally be comfortable with. All conditioned things are subject to decay.

Do it in a safe situation, understand that the drug is nontoxic[1] and it's going to leave your system, and don't fight it.

If that all sounds too scary, wait until you're older.

Also, using obviously fake names, "swim", "Diogenes", "my friend/dog/sex partner from Saturn" is against the rules.

[1]: honestly, even though I think tripping at 15 is pretty fucking stupid, the whole neurotoxicity argument seems to be more likely to cause bad trips than to prevent bad behavior. LSD isn't mind-rotting, but you can hurt yourself with it easily.

LET ME HELP YOU DUDE!!! Do not take this shit when your parents are asleep. My first trip was like that. I took 150 ugs my first time when my parents went to sleep in my house on a random Saturday when I was 16. I was totally PARANOID that my mom was gonna wake up. The farthest I could probably get in a conversation with my mom if she came down was "hi" and that's it. The whole time you and your friend are gonna be thinking that your dad or mom are awake and looking for you. You'll probably get auditory hallucinations hearing your dad screaming your name or something and then run back to camp only to find out it was all a mindfuck. It's gonna mindfuck you. The ideal time to take it is when your parents are ok with u and your friend being away from them on the trip for 9 hours then u can enjoy it with no worries.