• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

How to Get Big Biceps w/out Steroids

If you really want to work your triceps, try dips. They are hard at first but if you work tricep pull downs (the rope thing) for awhile, you can work up to dips. Dips are like pull ups for triceps, in that you have to life your own body weight.

Be sure not to dip too far though cause it'll work your shoulders instead.

Find someone who is willing to work out with you. Grab a dumb bell that is a little too heavy for you to rep on your own. Have someone spot you as you rep that dumbbell. Lift as much of the weight on your own as you possibly can while your partner helps you as little as possible to complete each rep. Do this until you feel like your biceps are shot. Then do a couple more sets until your biceps are completely destroyed. Its more effective that any other bicep workout. Increase protein levels in your diet and workout like 2-3 times a week. After about a month you will notice a difference in your biceps, but don't forget to workout the rest of your muscles, otherwise you will not look right.

Go to the gym every other day, and do lots of exercises with free weights, machines, and equipment. That's how I do it.

P-mo gave a lot of good advice - work the triceps, it'll help accent the biceps.

from everything ive read, the best way to gain size, is to use the heaviest weight you that you can do maybe 5-8 reps with before failure, and keep increasing the weight once you can, you want to go untill failure, becasue this causes the microtears in the muscles,
this whole sets of certain amounts doesn't promote that as well, and is more for tonning and stamina

from everything ive read, the best way to gain size, is to use the heaviest weight you that you can do maybe 5-8 reps with before failure, and keep increasing the weight once you can, you want to go untill failure, becasue this causes the microtears in the muscles,
this whole sets of certain amounts doesn't promote that as well, and is more for tonning and stamina

This is exactly what I have been doing. I never count my reps, sets, I just lift the heaviest weight I can until failure, rest a few minutes, repeat, until I can't do any more than 2 or 3 reps.

I hope that doing this once a week is enough to gain noticeable size with my protein-heavy diet with daily vitamins and a few carbs.

dips and pullups are beastly. for big arms I just superset biceps and triceps for about 45 minutes until muscle exhaustion then do like 45 minutes of supersets on shoulders. by pre-exhausting your arms before doing shoulders you force the muscles to work much harder and get much better gains.

remember that biceps are a very small part of your arms overall its only 1/3 of your upper arm but even if you have the most impressive bicep and tricep in the world its nothing without complimentary forearms and deltoids and shit even some traps in there. gotta have the whole package.

dips and pullups are beastly. for big arms I just superset biceps and triceps for about 45 minutes until muscle exhaustion then do like 45 minutes of supersets on shoulders. by pre-exhausting your arms before doing shoulders you force the muscles to work much harder and get much better gains.

remember that biceps are a very small part of your arms overall its only 1/3 of your upper arm but even if you have the most impressive bicep and tricep in the world its nothing without complimentary forearms and deltoids and shit even some traps in there. gotta have the whole package.

Yea, I totally agree with your point about working on these other muscles to balance the sizes (in general), but IMO I only really need to work on biceps, as I kind of already have a bulky looking upper body (like a wrestler as I've been told). It seems my biceps are the only odd looking portion as they are much smaller than the bulk of my shoulders, chest, back, etc.

If I work on the already-bulky muscle groups along with biceps, it may defeat my purpose as the other ones will continue to get bigger than biceps if they grow at the same rate, right?

This is exactly what I have been doing. I never count my reps, sets, I just lift the heaviest weight I can until failure, rest a few minutes, repeat, until I can't do any more than 2 or 3 reps.

I hope that doing this once a week is enough to gain noticeable size with my protein-heavy diet with daily vitamins and a few carbs.

do it more then 1ce a week, do it on the first days your arms don't hurt,