• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

How to find other psychonauts as potential partners (and as friends too)?

dopamimetic

Bluelighter
Well yeah I've struggled heavily in past to make friends with so called normal people, who instead mostly are people where I need to hide because they would let me down or kick me right out if they knew my true self and it's not because I would do them any wrong but because of preconceptions and not understanding, conservativeness etc... but in the society we have today, psychonauts need to hide and all the people and I, being somebody who doesn't have real contacts to any scene or something, am seeing are these addicts struggling too, and they aren't exactly the best people to stay around usually due to artificially made problems like notorious shortage of supply and stealing etc. The functional people are understandably wary of the society, of police etc. and thus need to hide. So, what to make out of this? Are we doomed to live alone?

Just go about your daily life with open eyes and you will find them. You can tell a fellow inner traveler, trust me.

I started the journey in June of 1964 when it was much less prevalent in the world and we found each other, most likely you will as well.

I was lucky to find some people passionate about harm reduction at my university and as you might imagine, many of them are cosmonauts.

There's also people who are yet to delve into drugs. I mean, there was a time when you were drug naive as well.

I understand your struggle as I still have it too. Even the people at school I mentioned above aren't always on my wavelength. It's hard but impossible as white rose said

Well yeah I've struggled heavily in past to make friends with so called normal people, who instead mostly are people where I need to hide because they would let me down or kick me right out if they knew my true self and it's not because I would do them any wrong but because of preconceptions and not understanding, conservativeness etc... but in the society we have today, psychonauts need to hide and all the people and I, being somebody who doesn't have real contacts to any scene or something, am seeing are these addicts struggling too, and they aren't exactly the best people to stay around usually due to artificially made problems like notorious shortage of supply and stealing etc. The functional people are understandably wary of the society, of police etc. and thus need to hide. So, what to make out of this? Are we doomed to live alone?

Don’t look for that person in the scene, step outside to bring someone in.

Me and my girl are that psychedelic couple that people seem to look up to, we’ve been together for damn near half our lives and I get asked once in awhile how..

Thing was up until I met her at 19 I had been going after girls I was meeting in the party scene, girls that quite honestly had other things in mind than chilling out with just one person in their life. I was the kinda guy that was ready to settle down at age 7, probably mommy problems.

She was someone who, like me before, I could see would majorly benefit from these experiences. It took time to warm her up to the idea and to show her I had nothing but her best intentions at heart and when she finally went for it... Well you know how it goes.

It’s crazy to think the person she is now, compared to who she was when we first met. It’s crazy to think of myself... We both were small town Midwest “kids” that had our eyes torn open with the use of these medicines.

I think there’s more people out there then you realize willing to explore their minds, and as White Rose said that number is only growing in comparison to what it was. For gods sakes we got Netflix putting up documentaries showing all the celebrities talking bout eating LSD lol, it’s on its way to mainstream.

My brother had a similar story to mine only his girl that he spent years with was a total sociopath and he was worried when they broke up he’d never find someone that shared those interests again. Less than a year later he met the girl he’s with now, absolutely lovely gal that has since meeting him began trying different psychedelic states.

Worst case scenario, could be your location? I’m sure some down south-east places can be harder to find folks of open mind than others.

-GC

Don’t look for that person in the scene, step outside to bring someone in
Thought of that before but I am too hesitant about both legal problems / repercussions (not necessarily from the person on his/her own but maybe her surroundings who find it strange that he/she makes a sudden personal 180 degree turn and weak personalities sometimes talk to people they don't like but obey to.. etc) and, to a lesser degree, that I might be the reason for somebody freaking out or developing mental problems but I guess for that I have the answer myself that it's overrated but then again I am not yet free of problems myself, I consider myself as being too weak to lead somebody else on whatever path as I have failed to do so for myself for years now, so .... things are subjective. Prohibition is a shame.

Last edited:
Thought
Thought of that before but I am too hesitant about both legal problems / repercussions (not necessarily from the person on his/her own but maybe her surroundings who find it strange that he/she makes a sudden personal 180 degree turn and weak personalities sometimes talk to people they don't like but obey to.. etc) and, to a lesser degree, that I might be the reason for somebody freaking out or developing mental problems but I guess for that I have the answer myself that it's overrated but then again I am not yet free of problems myself, I consider myself as being too weak to lead somebody else on whatever path as I have failed to do so for myself for years now, so .... things are subjective. Prohibition is a shame.

I had all the same worries. So when I began introducing her to different substances I usually started very low. To this day she gives me shit for it because her first couple of trips were weak but I’d rather start low and test the waters than damage someone I love.

There’s always risks but let me ask you this, how old are you currently? You don’t have to answer but know most people who are going to experience things like potential schizophrenia will usually show by early 20’s. If your in your early 30’s or older that is less of a risk.

I truly believe things like schizophrenia which people blame on psychedelics are something the person has inside of them already.

I actually was witness to a “case study” of a guy that I watched grow up from the time he was 6 playing with my little brothers all the way up until he got into psychedelics and his subsequent mental break.

Looking back you could see the signs even as a kid. I remember he was especially violent during play and would often bite, scratch, anything. There was just something off about him.

While there is risk, the benefits IMO far outweighs the risks.

I’ve watched countless people be turned on to psychedelics and can only think of two cases where things went bad. One (the story I mention) turned ugly and to this day not sure what’s up, the other eventually made a life turn (more major depression than anything) and has since began taking psychedelics again with only positive benefits.

Remember this, there’s a force of good which watches over those that bring others into this world with nothing but positive intentions. I’ve been protected countless times and I know you will too :)

-GC

Don’t look for that person in the scene, step outside to bring someone in.

Me and my girl are that psychedelic couple that people seem to look up to, we’ve been together for damn near half our lives and I get asked once in awhile how..

Thing was up until I met her at 19 I had been going after girls I was meeting in the party scene, girls that quite honestly had other things in mind than chilling out with just one person in their life. I was the kinda guy that was ready to settle down at age 7, probably mommy problems.

She was someone who, like me before, I could see would majorly benefit from these experiences. It took time to warm her up to the idea and to show her I had nothing but her best intentions at heart and when she finally went for it... Well you know how it goes.

It’s crazy to think the person she is now, compared to who she was when we first met. It’s crazy to think of myself... We both were small town Midwest “kids” that had our eyes torn open with the use of these medicines.

I think there’s more people out there then you realize willing to explore their minds, and as White Rose said that number is only growing in comparison to what it was. For gods sakes we got Netflix putting up documentaries showing all the celebrities talking bout eating LSD lol, it’s on its way to mainstream.

My brother had a similar story to mine only his girl that he spent years with was a total sociopath and he was worried when they broke up he’d never find someone that shared those interests again. Less than a year later he met the girl he’s with now, absolutely lovely gal that has since meeting him began trying different psychedelic states.

Worst case scenario, could be your location? I’m sure some down south-east places can be harder to find folks of open mind than others.

-GC
If I may ask, what substance did you use with her for her first time? There's a girl I've had a bit of a thing for that says she has grown very interested in them lately and may try them this fall, once we're back at school. I have some hesitations about being her guide given that I am romantically interested in this girl, though I would say the feeling is mutual. MDMA has definitely come to mind given it's easy psychological nature, but that doesn't ease my mind about the apprehension I just said haha. I did LSD for my first experience and had no complaints. Was it a classical psychedelic or an empathogen for your girl's first g_chem?

If I may ask, what substance did you use with her for her first time? There's a girl I've had a bit of a thing for that says she has grown very interested in them lately and may try them this fall, once we're back at school. I have some hesitations about being her guide given that I am romantically interested in this girl, though I would say the feeling is mutual. MDMA has definitely come to mind given it's easy psychological nature, but that doesn't ease my mind about the apprehension I just said haha. I did LSD for my first experience and had no complaints. Was it a classical psychedelic or an empathogen for your girl's first g_chem?

Good question as I was trying to remember this myself...

I’m pretty sure our very first experience was MDMA, if I’m remembering right. I’ll never forget it. We took some kayaks to a beautiful big river, went up river to a remote hidden sandbar and spent the day walking circles around it as we talked about our lives and smoked copious amounts of cannabis.

At the end of the day we just glided down to our car again and headed home.

I think MDMA is a great first experience since it has psychedelic undertones yet is still easy to handle. It doesn’t go wrong easily and warms people up to future experiences with other drugs.

That said, I’d start with a more classic psychedelic if the person may be someone with a tendency for addiction or if your for whatever reason worried about getting too intimate with said person too soon.

In my girls case, she has a strong will and doesn’t show addictive tendencies so I felt comfortable with MDMA.

In my case, I’m glad MDMA wasn’t my first. I needed to play with mushrooms for a minute to start, get bitten a few times, to learn how to use these substances properly. I would have abused MDMA had I had more access to it earlier.

My only other suggestion, be wary MDMA can bond you with unhealthy individuals, I’ve seen that first hand. I think the oxytocin release and subsequent effect has a stronger lasting effect on males than females but nevertheless keep in mind this drug could attach you to someone you later regret.

There’s nothing more intimate and bonding than sharing an empathogenic experience with a lover.

-GC

Good question as I was trying to remember this myself...

I’m pretty sure our very first experience was MDMA, if I’m remembering right. I’ll never forget it. We took some kayaks to a beautiful big river, went up river to a remote hidden sandbar and spent the day walking circles around it as we talked about our lives and smoked copious amounts of cannabis.

At the end of the day we just glided down to our car again and headed home.

I think MDMA is a great first experience since it has psychedelic undertones yet is still easy to handle. It doesn’t go wrong easily and warms people up to future experiences with other drugs.

That said, I’d start with a more classic psychedelic if the person may be someone with a tendency for addiction or if your for whatever reason worried about getting too intimate with said person too soon.

In my girls case, she has a strong will and doesn’t show addictive tendencies so I felt comfortable with MDMA.

In my case, I’m glad MDMA wasn’t my first. I needed to play with mushrooms for a minute to start, get bitten a few times, to learn how to use these substances properly. I would have abused MDMA had I had more access to it earlier.

My only other suggestion, be wary MDMA can bond you with unhealthy individuals, I’ve seen that first hand. I think the oxytocin release and subsequent effect has a stronger lasting effect on males than females but nevertheless keep in mind this drug could attach you to someone you later regret.

There’s nothing more intimate and bonding than sharing an empathogenic experience with a lover.

-GC
Thanks for reply. I'm definitely glad I started with a classical psych as well. It led me down the spiritual path not necessarily the drug path. Ofc I did and still do drugs but that first LSD trip didn't feel like the drug was doing the work, it was the universe, or my higher self or whatever you call it. My roommate/best friend did MDMA first and an interesting thing I've noticed is that he often refers to the drug itself rather than the experience as what was so great. Subtle difference but can mean a lot. He just did mushrooms with me for his first proper trip and I think now he's seeing that it's not about how the drug feels but rather how it changes you. But I think that subtle difference can be much easier led towards the experience side with a classical psych.

I don't believe she has addictive tendencies but that's certainly something to warn her of.

As for mushrooms vs LSD that's a whole nother debate with no clear answer. But you can't really go wrong with either tbh.

And yes it is incredible to share it with a lover. With one of my other best friends we fell asleep wrapped in each other's arm and it was incredible. It was my first time really being intimate with another guy and I couldn't have wanted it any other way (it took me a while to embrace my bisexuality). Down the road we concluded that we were better off as mates than lovers with no hard feelings whatsoever. As I like to say "The molly got us" lol

But should that have happened with someone who was toxic and not able to have difficult, honest, conversations it could have ended very badly. Definitely something to keep in mind.

Well bois I just got a nice blow to the ego.

I've been talking to this girl for a bit over text (she lives a few hours away but we go to the same university) and she said she wanted to facetime, and actually because she's been thinking about psychedelics quite a bit lately. Well sure thing of course I'm down

We just had our convo and literally within the first 3 minutes she mentions her boyfriend. BOOM straight to the feels. Ah well I do still genuinely appreciate her as my friend so I'm not gonna be a bitch and get all salty. We talk for an hour or so and it was great actually but I can't help but be kinda low and sunken right now

I guess it's one less thing to worry about :(

Well bois I just got a nice blow to the ego.

I've been talking to this girl for a bit over text (she lives a few hours away but we go to the same university) and she said she wanted to facetime, and actually because she's been thinking about psychedelics quite a bit lately. Well sure thing of course I'm down

We just had our convo and literally within the first 3 minutes she mentions her boyfriend. BOOM straight to the feels. Ah well I do still genuinely appreciate her as my friend so I'm not gonna be a bitch and get all salty. We talk for an hour or so and it was great actually but I can't help but be kinda low and sunken right now

I guess it's one less thing to worry about :(

It happens man, win some lose some.

How long did ya’ll talk via text before the FaceTime? Honestly I don’t know the full details but you’d think she would have disclosed that earlier. Idk I get the impression she’s enjoying your attention.

I don’t too many gals that spend an hour talking to another guy while they’re in a relationship unless they aren’t all that serious about said relationship. Take that how you will... At the same time you don’t wanna be that guy either.

Just stay friends and if it’s meant to be it’ll happen. When I first met my girl I was actually exactly your age I think, she was in relationship and it stayed as friends but there was always kind of something there. A year went by and a few weeks after she broke up with her bf we started hanging out, rest is history..

-GC

Well I've known her for a little under a year and we talked for a while when we first met but then that just sort of died off and it's been on/ff like that since. I would get my hopes up but then it'd just sort of not happen ya know.

We've been in touch for the past couple weeks. Yeah I have the same thought as you but I've already wasted enough time a couple years ago chasing another girl that was in a relationship. It doesn't lead to anything positive for anyone involved. The universe must run its course.

I think a big part of the reason we became friends in the first place is that we bonded over both being half gay lol. I'm thinking now maybe she's just grown to appreciate that side of me more idk. I'm gonna do my best not to worry over it too much.

I'll let my emotions pass through, as there is no use in hiding, but I'll do my best not to let them consume me in the process.

I appreciate the thoughts man

Start going to psytrance festivals people are very accepting and love meeting strangers.

Just go about your daily life with open eyes and you will find them. You can tell a fellow inner traveler, trust me.

I started the journey in June of 1964 when it was much less prevalent in the world and we found each other, most likely you will as well.

Fuck me, you are an old cunt aren't you? I thought I was old, but I was born that year...

My tip is to not bother with women who take drugs. They're all fuckin insane.

My problem is that i turned my woman onto drugs - and she was already insane to begin with. Just imagine what she's like now... 8o

I can relate.

I met someone who was sorta into drugs but when we were together all we'd do is use.

And i tend to fall for the crazies too. Trying to change that.

If you focus on the "friends" part you'll have more opportunities to meet potential partners who are cool with drugs. You won't have much luck trying to parse the drug users at a public gathering — even if you think you can tell, you never know your false negative rate!

I’ve always found walking around handing out drugs for free gets the ladies all riled up. Give it a try.. Not cheap method but guaranteed to make everyone around you your best friend or future lover.

-GC