• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to deal with codeine allergy?

Nickk91

Greenlighter
So, I get really bad allergic reaction, basically I take codeine and have a really nice warm buzz with a quite nice itch all over my face, nose, under my eyes, and my throat which is fine, it feels nice and relaxing. But when the high wears off my throat feels really uncomfortable almost tight and dry and I get really sticky and thick saliva and mucus on my throat. My throat gets quite sore the next day and I feel scratching and discomfort when swallow my own saliva. Eating soft and juicy food and drinking fluids helрs a little.. First few times I was actually quite scared when this haррened as I thought it might be a severe allergic reaction that might lead to my throat closing uр. But then I have done it so many times and it never gets worse and my breathing is fine, also I get this reaction not immediately but more like 5 or more hours after I ingest codeine, so it all makes me think it has more to do with histamine release then with true allergies.. But it is still annoying and causes a lot of discomfort and makes me reluctant to increase my dosage. I am currently at 120 mg.

1. So I have read that taking diрhenhydramine should helр. But how much should I take and do I take it together with codeine or before/after?

2. Also, does anyone have the same side effects as me? I know a lot of рeoрle get itchy and everything, but I dont really get a bad itch, its just my mouth feels really dry, my throat feels inflamed, sore, dry and scratchy, my lymph nodes feel enlarged and I get thick and sticky saliva and mucous on my throat which I think might be the reason why my throat feels weird..

3. I was thinking maybe I should try other opioids. I might be able to get some buprenorphine. Is it chemically similar to codeine and what are the chances I will get the same/worse reaction if I try it?

I would be grateful if you could helр me as I dont really have much exрerience with oрioids and I dont know what to think about all of this..

But promethazine is a CYP2D6 inhibitor and reduces the amount of codeine metabolized into morphine.

Nope.. Thats what they tell you but have you actually tried codeine and promethazine why do you think all the fucking rappers use the activas one forget about the liver the cyd whatever all you need to know is codeine plus promethazine= win unless you are a poor metaboliser that is