• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin How to cope without opiates?

SScull

Greenlighter
I have been using opiods for years now on and off. I use them heavily only when available to me, which painkillers are typically not widely available. Nos opiates are my DOC so I decided to use heroin, insufflated and smoked only, and I fell in love with opiates/opiods all over again. I've been with H for about 2-3 weeks now and I've also been consistently ingesting painkillers to cope between my supplies of H. Now I have completely exhausted every opiate/H resource in my town. I even went to using poppy seed tea to stay normal which surprisingly worked well. I'm just wondering what kind of tactics you guys use to cope when there is a drought like this. I can even drink anymore, I have been addicted to alcohol and drinking for almost 7 years and now my body just can't do it. I drank 4 beers last night because I was so frustrated with having nothing to get high off of but now my body is so sick. I constantly have a headache without them and am so weak. I barely have motivation to.go to work, don't even get me started on trying to effectively communicate with my employees and customers and even closest friends. I just need to know how to get through this depression before I can use again so I can function in my every day life.

Honestly... there is no way to cope with it... you are either going to be absolutely miserable in a drought, or you are going to find another drug to abuse in the mean time. For opiate addicts that usually means benzos. Neither of them are something you want to be hooked on. Have you considered going on an opiate maintenance program? Like subs or methadone? Because heroin is obviously not a something you can continue financially, psychologically, or emotional. You are for sure already hooked. The only other thing you can try is kratom for the in between times, but trying to sustain an opiate addiction is just a bad idea, it always ends in tragedy. Best of luck and if you are interested in getting clean let me know I would be glad to share more information on the best ways to try to get clean.

You might wish to consider ORT (opioid replacement therapy), e.g., Methadone or buorenorphine (Suboxone / Subutex) to do a quick taper, or for maintenance. I'd write more but gotta go - Mad Dash maybe fill this in for me? Best

HR - smoke your smack. Ritual de lo Habitual is as hard to break as the drug.

HR - smoke your smack. Ritual de lo Habitual is as hard to break as the drug.

WHile it is good HR advice from an OD standpoint, it certainly would make the addiction worse. Smoking does make it hard to OD but it is also the most fiendish way to use H. Doing this will only deplete his stash quicker and raise his tolerance like a mad man. So I don't know this would be the best route, unless he is IVing... in which case it is a little better.

Bare through it, it will be worth it and is only temporary. If all else fails, instead of picking up your habit go to your local herb shop or even a head shop and pick up some kratom. It contains no opiates, but affects and binds the same receptors as they do. It is used for pain relief and relaxation, although I have seen a friend use it to gradually take himself off of H with the help of it.

Remember OP. You can head this off at the pass right now.

If you can take a week off of work, I would just post up at home with some movies, some grass, a few benzos and someone to watch over you.

You are experience the first inklings of withdrawal, yeah, all that mental shit going on, anxiety, desire to fee that high again...I'll bet your at the point that you get higher just going to get your drugs then when you actually have them. Has the remorse for use started, or are you still rationalizing?

Anyways, you have two paths ahead of you: Keep using and keep feeling this withdrawal get worse and worse each time you can't source, or try to muster the strength to let something you love die.

The question you ought to be asking yourself is, how do I cope without opiates forever?

The answers a tricky one.

I do realize drug use is an unforgiving habit, but for me it's all I have to keep me sane and functioning as an adult. I know that I'll ways end up here craving the high and no matter how much I use I will always want more. I just can't sleep even and my body feels so squirmy, like I can't stop moving. I eventually hope to not use anything, but that is something future me will have to accomplish unfortunately.

I do realize drug use is an unforgiving habit, but for me it's all I have to keep me sane and functioning as an adult. I know that I'll ways end up here craving the high and no matter how much I use I will always want more. I just can't sleep even and my body feels so squirmy, like I can't stop moving. I eventually hope to not use anything, but that is something future me will have to accomplish unfortunately.

So why is ORT not an option? You realize methadone gets you very high correct? But it lasts quite a bit longer, is not illegal, will help control your craving, is less expensive, and will hold you until you decide that it is time to quit. I mean dope is not always a sure thing... you connect get get arrested the prices could get way to high, any number of things really. I would strongly consider ORT until you are ready to quit this way you for sure will not have to worry about missing doses. If you can afford an opiate addiction you can afford ORT.