• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How to calculate how much mg of a psychedelic can be put in solution (alcohol) ?

Achten

Bluelighter
So i?m hoping my question is pretty clear.

I want to do volumetric dosing, especially for microdosing.

Normally i use 1mg/ml but this isnt?t always as convenient?

How can I look up how much mg one milliliter of alcohol (40% rum in my case) can hold?

Big thanks !

It totally depends on the substance. You can do some google searches... wikipedia might help depending on how thoroughly the entry has been filled in. In general, with tryptamine and phenethylamine salts (not for all of them but most), the solubility is pretty good in alcohol and water, like 20-30mg/mL or more. If you're only looking to make up to, say, 5mg/mL, or 10mg/mL, you have nothing to worry about, it should be fine. But best to look up the solubility of whatever you're making a solution with. It's not practical to calculate it yourself (you'd have to keep adding more until it stopped dissolving which could be difficult to determine and would require you to use an unknown amount of material doing it. You could get it back of course by evaporating the solution, but best to use existing data if possible).

Alright I’ll go for 5-10mg/ml. That should meet my needs.

I’m thinking mainly DOC, 5Meo-amt (wonderful at 100mics, IMO) 4ho-xxx, 2C-E.

DOC and 2C-E are both highly soluble, 5-10mg/mL is no problem whatsoever. 5-MeO-AMT, I'm not sure about.

It's usually recommended to keep tryptamines dry. The 4-HO tryptamines are known to degrade quickly in solution.

Now that you mention it, 5-MeO-AMT that I had turned into a brown solution after a while, in alcohol. many years ago.

It's usually recommended to keep tryptamines dry. The 4-HO tryptamines are known to degrade quickly in solution.

I’m well aware of that, and thanks for the reminder.

I have to add though: i made a solution of 4homet in white rum and although it coloured brown rapidly it stayed active untill the vial was empty. Wonderful pick-me-up at 2,5mg ����