• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

How strong of a pain killer is kratom compared to pain meds

Alien47

Bluelighter
My question is, how strong is kratom compared to opioids for pain like say u got the best strain for pain which I hear is I do know say u take 3-4 grams of that what would u say the strength of that is compared to like oxy or Hydrocodone or codiene or any pain med I'm very curious about this thanks for your input appreciate it

Also j know everyone's body's react differently but I'm saying in your experiences or what u have heard

Also is there certain strains that are better for certain pain and how does it work why does it help pain I tried searching online for awnsers but never got a definite awnser

Thx :)

Last edited:
For good kratom I would say 1 gram of bali equals 2mg oxycodone. So a 5 gram dose (good starting dose) will have the stimulative powers of a 16oz coffee and the opiate like effects of 10 oxy.

yeah kratom is actually surprisingly strong, it definitely surprised me, I don't have chronic pain but I've been a serious heroin addict for many years and it totally eased the pain of my withdrawals and relaxed my muscles at the right dose (which for me was about 10g)

Wow really that strong I never would have guessed it's that strong why do different strians take away less pain tho and what strain did u guys use that released pain to that extent

I don't know how strong it is compared to other Opiates/Opioids but it has surprisingly strong analgesic effects.

It's DEFINITELY a stronger pain killer than anything OTC like Aleve, Advil or Tylenol.

I do Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and have been experiencing some back pain lately that only responds somewhat to Aleve.

Recently I took Kratom before training and my back pain was about 90% gone while I trained.

On another note, if you exercise with it I feel it can be a PED but too much or combined with too much coffee I think it speeds up the heart too much and you gas more quickly, kind of like how I feel in LOW doses Caffeine is a good PED but too much makes you worse than if you'd had none.

But Kratom is CERTAINLY a performance enhancing drug for everything from sports to intellectual shit.

I think it's potential as medicine is extremely high with it not being NEARLY as bad for you as Oxy or Hydro.

For that reason it poses a big threat to pharmaceutical companies.

I hope it stays legal.

As others have said Kratom is strong and is a worthy legal substitute, only other opioid I have atm is U-47700 and kratom is as strong as that, and lasts longer too.

Only reason why I don't use Kratom regularly is that it is bitter and gag inducing to take down, otherwise I would use it more often, the last time I used Kratom was several months ago and then my supply ran out. Didn't bother to get more because of the taste.

Kratom is like Excedrine 2.0 lol.

Instead of mild stimulation and mild pain killing like a Caffeine/Tylenol combo you've got better stimulation and better pain killing from the Kratom plus an anti anxiety component somewhat comparable to a benzo for me.

Everyone makes such a big deal about the medicinal qualities of weed but I think Kratom has more.

Problem is that unlike weed it is physically addictive and causes WD.

As others have said Kratom is strong and is a worthy legal substitute, only other opioid I have atm is U-47700 and kratom is as strong as that, and lasts longer too.

Only reason why I don't use Kratom regularly is that it is bitter and gag inducing to take down, otherwise I would use it more often, the last time I used Kratom was several months ago and then my supply ran out. Didn't bother to get more because of the taste.

Pour just enough water into your kratom so that it forms a thick paste that you can roll into balls. You can use juice or a drop of vanilla extract to mask the flavor. Then chase with your drink of choice. I can't drink 3 grams worth of kratom in tea form, but can knock down 40+ this way. You could also try mixing it into food. Enjoy! Btw- I've heard some nasty things about u47700, hair loss, rashes, lots of sketchy side effects.

I about the WD too. I personally found it worse than morphine/PST WD. Only lasted 2 days but it was BAD. Short half life and all that...

I about the WD too. I personally found it worse than morphine/PST WD. Only lasted 2 days but it was BAD. Short half life and all that...

I only get bad WD if I take an ounce or more in a single day since I am not physically dependent.

Or if you DO let yourself get physically dependent it also might be quite uncomfortable.

Oddly, for me it felt EXACTLY like caffeine withdrawal, which is actually no joke if you drink 8 cups of coffee a day like me and then try going cold turkey.

Lots of muscular weakness and feeling so tired you don't want to get out of bed along with depression, irritability and a runny nose.

I never use Kratom more than twice a week and never exceed 20 grams in a day and I'm good with no WD.

Oh yeah, I'm not saying I wasn't majorly physically dependent. You're lucky that you have the self control to use kratom as it should be used. I'm an addict in chronic pain so I was consuming probably something like 30 grams a day or more, for a month. The one "nice" thing about it is that I didn't get RLS or insomnia, like I do with other opiates. But as I was trying to use kratom to manage my chronic pain, I was going into pretty intense WDs every 3-4 hours. I could see the caffeine withdrawal comparison for a milder habit because I used to drink 5+ cups a day too. I still think it's a wonderful entheogen with LOTS of medicinal potential though.

Oh yeah, I'm not saying I wasn't majorly physically dependent. You're lucky that you have the self control to use kratom as it should be used. I'm an addict in chronic pain so I was consuming probably something like 30 grams a day or more, for a month. The one "nice" thing about it is that I didn't get RLS or insomnia, like I do with other opiates. But as I was trying to use kratom to manage my chronic pain, I was going into pretty intense WDs every 3-4 hours. I could see the caffeine withdrawal comparison for a milder habit because I used to drink 5+ cups a day too. I still think it's a wonderful entheogen with LOTS of medicinal potential though.

Well you are a chronic pain sufferer and I'm not so being more casual with it must be MUCH harder.

I don't know if I could avoid physical dependence in your shoes.

My sympathies to you.

Yet I'd strongly assume you are better off with a Kratom addiction than an Oxy or Hydro addiction.

I wasn't so perfectly responsible with it at all though lol.

I didn't really acknowledge good advice regarding not taking more than an ounce a day, thought that not taking it more than 3 days a week was the only important thing but didn't realize that dosage could also mess with your tolerance and give WD.

I got the point of taking two ounces a day even though I didn't use it more than 3 days a week and then I'd get WD the day after and even a 90 day break didn't get rid of my tolerance so that I still can't really get high off of anything less than 14 grams.

I had to learn through experience but now I just keep my dosages down because otherwise I can't enjoy it at all and get WD and that's just not worth it.

Thanks for the condolences man, unfortunately I've already progressed from kratom to poppy seed tea and now heroin. The fucked up thing is that it's actually cheaper and easier to score h than to get rx pain meds from my doctor, since I don't even have an official diagnosis yet. Trying to maintain with kratom just got too time consuming in the end, and still not quite enough pain relief. What sucks is that I'm 20 so every doctor assumes I'm just looking to get high. Last time I ended up in the ER from the pain they gave me fucking IV motrin.

But back on topic,

I find it shocking (well, not really. Big pharma and blah blah blah) that kratom isn't utilized or at least heavily researched in the medical industry. I mean, maybe it is being researched, but I'm not aware. You'd think a plant with very strong pain relieving properties and extremely low respiratory depression would be like a goldmine, but instead it's slowly becoming criminalized. Really sad to see. I always imagined you could use kratom to develop an extremely strong painkiller with relatively little respiratory depression.

Thanks for the condolences man, unfortunately I've already progressed from kratom to poppy seed tea and now heroin. The fucked up thing is that it's actually cheaper and easier to score h than to get rx pain meds from my doctor, since I don't even have an official diagnosis yet. Trying to maintain with kratom just got too time consuming in the end, and still not quite enough pain relief. What sucks is that I'm 20 so every doctor assumes I'm just looking to get high. Last time I ended up in the ER from the pain they gave me fucking IV motrin.

But back on topic,

I find it shocking (well, not really. Big pharma and blah blah blah) that kratom isn't utilized or at least heavily researched in the medical industry. I mean, maybe it is being researched, but I'm not aware. You'd think a plant with very strong pain relieving properties and extremely low respiratory depression would be like a goldmine, but instead it's slowly becoming criminalized. Really sad to see. I always imagined you could use kratom to develop an extremely strong painkiller with relatively little respiratory depression.

Yup, it would probably be a goldmine but like you said, big pharma won't allow it.

Pour just enough water into your kratom so that it forms a thick paste that you can roll into balls. You can use juice or a drop of vanilla extract to mask the flavor. Then chase with your drink of choice. I can't drink 3 grams worth of kratom in tea form, but can knock down 40+ this way. You could also try mixing it into food. Enjoy! Btw- I've heard some nasty things about u47700, hair loss, rashes, lots of sketchy side effects.
Thanks for the tip, I try that when I come across kratom again.

And yeah u47700 has pretty rough sides, no opioid has made me vomit as much as that one, no hair loss(yet), rashes for sure, even my face had lost color the day after my first use. Used it 2-3 more times got the same rough sides and haven't used since.

Buy a capsule making set up, make 24 in about 10minutes, each 00 capsule holds about 3/4 gram, take 3 caps for a basic dose.

What sucks is that I'm 20 so every doctor assumes I'm just looking to get high.
Hi morphinedreams, I was in a similar predicament, and the best thing I did was put down the needle, clean up the best I could, lots of weed, and then get to a pain doctor, they truly will hook you up if you can offer an MRI scan. First they will probably try physical therapy, weaker painkillers, spinal nerve blocks, and then FINALLY you get either methadone, fentanyl, morphine, or oxy. Methadone is the bomb for nerve pain.

Whoops, meant to quote "Are u talkin about kratom wds?"

Yeah but like I said above I had a huge habit as I relied on it 24/7 for severe pain. Casual use would probably result in MUCH milder WD. I also messed with extracts.

And idk how to multi-quote, but to respond to your post below, that's what I'm trying to do but it's so damn expensive, even with insurance. I'm seriously just trying to get fent patches off the street because at this point it takes fent laced heroin to kill the pain, and sadly right now it's way cheaper to just cop dope than go to my Dr. only to be told to take more advil. I'm not on the needle (yet) and hopefully won't ever be, but I am seriously considering methadone at this point too, both for the addiction and pain.

Last edited: