• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How strong is the anti psychotic potency of alimemazine/trimeprazine/Theralen?

Båtmannen

Bluelighter
Just realized "how strong potency" is incorrect english. Sorry. It's not my native language. I suppose you my main point still comes through.

Hello

I'm going to use amphetamine tomorrow. I sometimes use alimemazine (say, 100 mg) to sleep. I know it's primarily an anti histamine, but with some anti-psychotic abilities as well. I know that if I were to take, for example, Olanzapine or Quetiapine, the amphetamine would have hardly any effect tommorow.

Google gave me naught in this, except the very basics (that it is an anti histamine an anti-psychotic).

What's your experiences with this medication and it's effect on dopaminergic drugs like Amphetamine or Cocain, or just your knowledge about it?

best regards

Last edited:
If you don't get a lot of replies here I'll move this to MH. I personally have no idea, but it's a topic I'm interested in, so thanks for posting.

Just in case anyone is wondering about the same thing: alimemazine is a proven anti-psychotic. However, it's rarely used as that (never the first choice), simply because it's just not very strong. I did 160 mg of alimemazine yesterday and when I shot the 0,8 g of amphetamine I had, 18 hours later, ... it felt just like it should. Obviously it must have been a bit weaker than normally, as I took a rather large dose of someting that blocks the mechanism of amphetamine, but unless you are taking a very low dose, you probably won't notice.

BUT: I was so tired, down at heel and timeworn, and I was close to fainting a few hours before, due to heat and exhaustion, and I realized before I took it, that I won't get as euphoric as I get when I take it when I'm feeling better ... so perhaps if I had been feeling better, I would have noticed a difference.