• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How similar to Dexedrine/Adderall does Ephedrine feel?

Mycophile

Bluelighter
Just a random question but I'm wondering how similar to Dexedrine (or Adderall) Ephedrine feels??

I've never actually taken Adderall, just Dex and I've never taken Ephedrine either although I have taken Pseudophedrine back when it had ephedrine in it and I remember that kind of woke me up but it had kind of a dirty/racy feeling to it so I'm hoping that a quality Ephedrine pill won't feel exactly like that.

Does a quality Ephedrine pill feel stronger and cleaner than the old pseudoephedrine pills?

Does Ephedrine feel stronger than coffee or about equal?

And is it legal to buy over the counter?

I mean I googled it and it said it was but it just seems odd cause I never hear of anyone buying it over the counter.

Thanks

Ephedrine is definitely stronger than psuedo. Ephedrine feels like a proper stim while psuedo is just...crap. Ephedrine feels a good bit stronger than caffeine. Compared to amphetamine, ephedrine doesn't really come close.
Not sure where you are, but in the U.S. ephedrine used to be sold otc but was banned by the FDA in I beleive '03. It is still legal to posess, but not to be sold for human cosumption, hence why you won't find it anywhere in the states anymore. You can order it and like I said it is not sheduled/controlled. Not sure about other countries.
Ephedrine makes your heart rise pretty drastically for the amount of "high" it gives. There's not really much euphoria with ephedrine just kinda jacks you up. I think it mostly acts on norepinephrine for it's psychoactive effects.

Ephedrine is definitely stronger than psuedo. Ephedrine feels like a proper stim while psuedo is just...crap. Ephedrine feels a good bit stronger than caffeine. Compared to amphetamine, ephedrine doesn't really come close.
Not sure where you are, but in the U.S. ephedrine used to be sold otc but was banned by the FDA in I beleive '03. It is still legal to posess, but not to be sold for human cosumption, hence why you won't find it anywhere in the states anymore. You can order it and like I said it is not sheduled/controlled. Not sure about other countries.
Ephedrine makes your heart rise pretty drastically for the amount of "high" it gives. There's not really much euphoria with ephedrine just kinda jacks you up. I think it mostly acts on norepinephrine for it's psychoactive effects.

Some one else told me you can buy it at drug stores in the U.S. but you have to give them your license so they know you aren't using it to make meth.

U can buy ephedrine at any Walgreens in the United states..you have to ask them for Bronk aid though..I'm sure they are selling it to you to consume or else why would you be buying it? Lol

Yeah, looking at ephedrine as something that will get you high is silly..if u are seeking it out for a good buzz, look elsewhere lol..at best ephedrine can give you a mood boost of sorts through its stimulant properties but it's nowhere close to being euphoric..

ephedrine is a much better decongestant than a stimulant, fyi

Yea, recreationally ephedrine is shit. I do not recommend it.

When ephedrine was available OTC, I felt that it was a very mellow distant cousin of regular amphetamines. I found its best use was for repetitive work. At worst, the same as coffee. I didn't find it recreational at all. Also, timing was an important to get the best effects. Ephedrine has cardiovascular effects. Ephedrine is smoother. than psudoephedrine. I do not recommend using this to stay awake when tired. When you do that, the stress on the heart is greater. HR

Last edited:
When ephedrine was available OTC, I felt that it was a very mellow distant cousin of regular amphetamines. I found its best use was for repetitive work. At worst, the same as coffee. I didn't find it recreational at all. Also, timing was an important to get the best effects. Ephedrine has cardiovascular effects. Ephedrine is smoother. than psudoephedrine. I do not recommend using this to stay awake when tired. When you do that, the stress on the heart is greater. HR

According to Belfort it can still be bought OTC with a license.

And what would you use it for if not to stay awake?

Why is that so bad?

Why is that so bad?

Because it has pretty severe cardiovascular side effects in comparison to other stimulants.

C

Why is that so bad?

Myself and many others have used ephedrine many a nights to stay awake..trust me, if you are drgging ass tired and take ephedrine, you will wake up pretty fast...

As far as the heart issues, I think they are overblown..a few athletes took one too many during warm practices and ended up having heart problems..

There might be better safer stimulants out there but if you something that is easy to get and legal, and you aren't chasing a high, go with ephedrine..

I'm not interested in it for recreation, just for a stronger stimulant than coffee to help me through work when I'm tired.
Definitely start low then, because the side effects can quickly become counterproductive.

Last edited:
back when you could buy the mini thins at all the gas stations i used to pop them all the time. id take 6-10 tablets to get a buzz. don't know what dose that was and that's not a recommendation. most definitely will get you yakked in a way that resembles amphetamines. much more toxic feeling though and made my chest hurt. wouldn't say it was super enjoyable. plenty of side effects if you dose high. too bad amineptine isn't more available. sounds like a real winner.

too bad amineptine isn't more available. sounds like a real winner.

Amineptine... That's an opioid with weak DRI (or was it NDRI?) properties, right? If so, I guess you could call it a poor man's speedball, albeit probably one sustainable beyond the short-term.

I know that its successor, tianeptine (which as I understand has a higher affinity for opiate receptors), has become rather popular recently. Maybe combining that with low dose MPA or even Ritalin would give the effect you're looking for?

back when you could buy the mini thins at all the gas stations i used to pop them all the time. id take 6-10 tablets to get a buzz. don't know what dose that was and that's not a recommendation. most definitely will get you yakked in a way that resembles amphetamines. much more toxic feeling though and made my chest hurt. wouldn't say it was super enjoyable. plenty of side effects if you dose high. too bad amineptine isn't more available. sounds like a real winner.

Yeah there is no reason to dose ephedrine that high.there is no high so no reason to take that much.thats the reason people ran into problems with ephedrine, they took a high dose and went out and played football..disaster waiting to happen..u take sand dosages of ephedrine and u will be fine...I took it for many years

Ephedrine is great in a low dosage for washing dishes or any manual labour. Now I said low dose like one or two pills. Repetitive labour at low dose. One problem is that you may catch a nice feeling at that low dosage. Some people figure, if I take more, It will be better. The problem is the side effects go up much more the higher the dosage. Here is a link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephedrine . In short, it is considered a substituted amphetamine and Sympathomimetic drug. There is a lot of information under Adverse effects. One being vasoconstriction with hypertension and other cardiovascular effects, more so then regular amphetamines. Regular amphetamines can cause similar issues, but in my experience, rarely at medicinal dosages and usually after prolonged abuse. I looked and I guess it still is technically otc, but nowhere near how it used to be.