• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How should i take codeine? (Best way)

nooodle

Bluelighter
Gonna have some codeine (about 100ish mg) for the first time, what's the best way to take them?

I have little pills which i could just swallow but i've heard people just crush em up and snort em, i've got no problem with snorting them but i just want to know what the best way of taking em is.

CHEERS

You have to take codeine orally or it won't metabolise. Just swallow the pills. Snorting is a complete waste.

If you wish to crush them, do so by all means, but parachute the powder, snorting codeine will actually take longer to take effect.

Codeine>digestive system>liver>morphine!! ?

Gonna have some codeine (about 100ish mg) for the first time, what's the best way to take them?

I have little pills which i could just swallow but i've heard people just crush em up and snort em, i've got no problem with snorting them but i just want to know what the best way of taking em is.

CHEERS

Just swallow it. You can't IV codeine as the histaminergic reaction can be fatal. I used to IM codeine but honestly felt almost no difference.
Like others have said, codeine needs to go through the digestive system in order to be metabolized by the liver into morphine. Only 10% is metabolized into morphine, btw, before you get excited :p. So if you take 100mg Codeine it will be like taking 10mg or oral Morphine.

No one suggested taking 50mg and going from there, i have friends who feel amazing from that level of dose. You can always take more ( ONLY works orally, never snort codeine, and wait a good 15-30min for it to work)

Just swallow it. You can't IV codeine as the histaminergic reaction can be fatal. I used to IM codeine but honestly felt almost no difference.
Like others have said, codeine needs to go through the digestive system in order to be metabolized by the liver into morphine. Only 10% is metabolized into morphine, btw, before you get excited :p. So if you take 100mg Codeine it will be like taking 10mg or oral Morphine.
As a hard user/experienced we forget we can see 10mg as small, but if we look back, 10mg was not nothing ^^

As a hard user/experienced we forget we can see 10mg as small, but if we look back, 10mg was not nothing ^^

Haha, I know. I remember the first time I took Codeine (properly, by prescription) 30mg gave me a buzz lol. Crazy.

I ended up having 90mg, snorting one pill and swallowing the other two, was a pretty light high feeling but it was fun. Only lasted like 2 hours.