• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How safe is combining dxm with methamphetamine?

polarthedog

Bluelighter
Say i'm on a low dose of dxm (180 mg XR) and i do a little meth, how dangerous is that?

Depends on what you mean by a little meth.

In practice people rarely do just a little meth. In fact when i was prescribed dextromethamphetamine at 40mg/day i didnt like it, made me feel spacey and weird, and also kind of cold. Only really recreational at high doses, exceed maybe 80mg+. 180mg of DXM isn't a huge dose but its enough to pose the risk of serotonergic and hypertensive complications. Probably wouldn't want to exceed 50-60mg of meth to be on the safe side and also should stay hydrated and avoid physical exert and heat, hot showers etc. Yet almost no one who uses meth recreationally doesn't exceed that dose so its overall not a great idea considering the complications

I usually use around 20-50 mg, i ran out of my zoloft, and i need something to treat the withdrawal :(
and also i wanna get high

also i have clonidine and prazocin for hypertension

I've taken twice my gabapentin so far, im thinking of just stopping the zoloft, im about to run out anyway, and its the last of my antidepressants that i was on, and i was on 18 mg for a while at the end

i took 12 mg yesterday, and ive taken around 7-9 mg tonight

also at the same time im trying to switch to low dose subutex from kratom, and its pretty hard

Last edited:
Need to do high dose of sub normal 4 to 8mg for 2 to 3 days half and half and half every 2 3 days. Standard rehab protocol

Last edited:
I recall having increased heart problems/instances of fainting smoking meth while abusing dxm(but from coricidin)
From extracted dxm and with syrups with guaf I didnt really have any issues using amounts up into 2nd and 3rd plateu trips, usually provided a "smoother" feeling trip for me

Im not going to call it safe or a combination Id recommend. Just saying it didnt drop me dead either... i think.. *checks pulse*

This is extremely dangerous, DXM should NEVER be combined with serotonin releasers, as it can lead to serotonin syndrome. It's not like it definitely will, but it's a risk you shouldn't take. A while back there was a thread about a guy who asked if combining DXM and something (not meth but something else serotonergic) was safe, but he took it before he asked. Then stopped responding. Some days later we found out that he died from the combination.

Yes..... xorkoth is right. This combo has the potential for serotonin syndrome on it. You do not want that, take them separate.

Yes..... xorkoth is right. This combo has the potential for serotonin syndrome on it. You do not want that, take them separate.
Yah you guys are right, I didn’t think about the serotonin releasing effects of meth, what about amphetamine though? That releases a lot less serotonin than meth

Wait a second, really?
Ive used meth on DXM countless times- not recommending it! im asking OK then am I supposed to be dead or something?

Wait a second, really?
Ive used meth on DXM countless times- not recommending it! im asking OK then am I supposed to be dead or something?
I would think there would be a critical point at which it would become deadly, also tolerance matters too