• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc How reliable are reagents in testing for fentanyl or other contaminants?

hahapotatoman

Greenlighter
On things like coke, MDMA, Xanax. Considering how potent fent is, I'm not sure if there would be enough for reagents to pick up a dangerous dose.

As long as the reagent touches just a few mcgs of fentanyl it will react accordingly. Now with something like cocaine, MDMA, or Crystal Meth, you are more likey to run into a nbome than fentanyl. Unless the dealer wants to kill you, you will never see fentanyl in stimulants. I mean if your dealer has a supply of fentanyl, and stores it near their other drugs its possible it may contaminate all his other drugs. Just to be safe I would personally test all my drugs if I had the right resources, despite how unlikely fentanyl contamination may be in meth or acid.

Also I would say when testing a drug with a reagent to test a piece from the outside, and inside of the sample. This is because if fentanyl was accidentally mixed into the wrong drug, only small spots would be present. Because of this there's a chance you will test a fentanyl free portion of your sample and will consume the product without knowing it has fentanyl. Testing several different parts of a sample can reduce the chance of you missing a "hotspot" of fentanyl

There are plenty of sites (I wont name here) which will provide free/cheap naloxone kits for nasal, and IM use, which although your not using heroin or a drug at risk or fentanyl contamination, could save your life if the unlikely happens.

Keep in mind that their exist many other better methods of testing drugs for contamination other than reagents, so if you really want to make sure, think about looking into some

Hopefully this information can help you :)

Keep in mind that their exist many other better methods of testing drugs for contamination other than reagents, so if you really want to make sure, think about looking into some
My brain hasnt been at the top of its game lately, Ill admit, but I performed a rudimentary search using quoted portions of your statement as well as using what i could come up with that was similar &/or related and was utterly unsuccessful. Please, would you mind providing me a bit of guidance regarding this statement?
Thank you very much for your time reading this and in advance should you decide to assist me further.
Regards,

M3