• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How on Earth is SALVIA still legal....!

I remember the only time I actually saw an entity that wasn't there AT ALL, not just real objects morphing, was when I smoked a lot of weed on salvia along with drinking some calea Zacatechichi (dream herb) tea (NASTY shit)...

I saw a floating diamond with a face moving REALLY fast in a diamond pattern talking to me saying it was the spirit of salvia and asking me what I wanted.

When I said "what do you mean?" it just kept asking me what I wanted and then when I didn't answer it disapeared, but the idea of seeing or talking to a spirit on Salvia or it having a spirit is a common one, especially it being used for divination, as this is why it is called "the diviners sage" and is considered a religious sacrament by the Mazactecs in Mexico.

Then another common salvia experience is seeing the "little men".

I smoked Salvia after some weed and saw these little men dancing in the room (I had the lights off cause that is suggested to get best visuals from Salvia)...and then once I saw them I inhaled some nitrous and the combo was AMAZINGLY synergistic and the little dancing men turned into a giant colorful cross made of the little dancing men.

Talk about the collective unconscious---common drug images like the spirit of the plant, the little gnome-like men and religious imagery like the cross---the fact that other users have seen these things really makes me believe human minds are linked in a way and that as a plant salvia really does kind of have a personality of it's own.

It's the only drug/herb I have ever used that seems to really feel like it is "alive" and this is so commonly spoken about by the Mazatecs I have to think they have some deeper understanding than we do of what this plant is all about.

Sure, the rational person would seem to want to say "bah, plants can't have spirits" but maybe thinking that way is just having a closed mind.

Maybe it isn't a "spirit" as we think of in the western world, but all I can say is that this plant seems to have something "extra" about it other drugs often don't have...

Last edited:
Nothing was quite like salvia. I always got a strange sense of being an inanimate object gravitationally pulled to the left. A friend of mine said he felt like a playing card plastered against the wall. It's the only drug I've had what I would call true hallucinations on. I found it quite jarring, no drug has completely altered reality in such a way for me.

It's been 6 years since I tried it so I really wish I could try it again now that I'm actually well, into psychedelics as a hobby.

I got that EXACT same sensation of having my head being pulled to one side or another like a magnet!!

I also felt I levitated on it.

And yes, it is very jarring, but I love it.

Whenever anything somewhat unpleasant would seem to happen I'd kind of "challenge" the herb to "give me what it's got" and kind of felt I "befriended" it because I accepted I wouldn't have an easy experience.

See, the gravitational pull, the dancing gnomes, the spirit, these are all common salvia hallucinations SO many people have when they smoke it, and the question as to exactly WHY we have such similar experiences is a good one.

The only other drug I've heard of doing this is DMT giving hallucinations of alien like creatures and I've always REALLY wanted to try DMT but never figured out how to make my own, but I'm determined to sooner or later lol.

I remember the only time I actually saw an entity that wasn't there AT ALL, not just real objects morphing, was when I smoked a lot of weed on salvia along with drinking some calea Zacatechichi (dream herb) tea (NASTY shit)...

I saw a floating diamond with a face moving REALLY fast in a diamond pattern talking to me saying it was the spirit of salvia and asking me what I wanted.

When I said "what do you mean?" it just kept asking me what I wanted and then when I didn't answer it disapeared, but the idea of seeing or talking to a spirit on Salvia or it having a spirit is a common one, especially it being used for divination, as this is why it is called "the diviners sage" and is considered a religious sacrament by the Mazactecs in Mexico.

Then another common salvia experience is seeing the "little men".

I smoked Salvia after some weed and saw these little men dancing in the room (I had the lights off cause that is suggested to get best visuals from Salvia)...and then once I saw them I inhaled some nitrous and the combo was AMAZINGLY synergistic and the little dancing men turned into a giant colorful cross made of the little dancing men.

Talk about the collective unconscious---common drug images like the spirit of the plant, the little gnome-like men and religious imagery like the cross---the fact that other users have seen these things really makes me believe human minds are linked in a way and that as a plant salvia really does kind of have a personality of it's own.

It's the only drug/herb I have ever used that seems to really feel like it is "alive" and this is so commonly spoken about by the Mazatecs I have to think they have some deeper understanding than we do of what this plant is all about.

Sure, the rational person would seem to want to say "bah, plants can't have spirits" but maybe thinking that way is just having a closed mind.

Maybe it isn't a "spirit" as we think of in the western world, but all I can say is that this plant seems to have something "extra" about it other drugs often don't have...

I think most of those shared experiences are binded to suggestion instead of some sort of colective unconscius. Expectations can, and will alter the trip to those degrees. In fact, I'm a skeptical guy that doesn't believe at all in religion or spiritual realms.

I never encountered any of those entities in my breaktroughs (And believe me, I've got a lot of experience with salvia, DMT, high doses of tryptamines or dissociative holes). Instead, my breaktroughs, as my dreams, usually revolve arround my fears and problems in real life (Losing my job and/or drug addiciton)