Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How on Earth is SALVIA still legal....!

EastCoast

Bluelighter
It's goin be long this thread so bare with me or skim thru it

I just want to first acknowledge I have had only one but very intense breakthrough on LSD, even broke through the barriers of consciousness with DMT, I have had one and def my last Datura experience (by far worst then what I'm about to explain, but not as intense as the initial trip), I have been knees deep into a world of PCP (which I used to enjoy) k-hole and all etc....

I am not here to say I have done more then most , not at all , I'm only 24 , much too young , but I've had my share

I just randomly noticed salvia is still legal and well I know im not the only one but I remember back in either 2009 or early 2010, I had a little 2-3 month baby binge of dipping into salvia when ever I got the chance... and I actually liked it to an extent that the dissociative properties it came with, some I certainly did not, but I was use to seeing these videos where people would get up and start running , scared as shit balls, and for some dumbass reason that intrigued me and I wanted so bad to get where they were at....well finally my wish came true...

I'll never forget I was in the back room of my buddy's loft down at the shore where we use to smoke bud all day long, occasionally trip, smoke DMT when lucky enough, it was the spot , but that day it became another place..

Now breaking through on salvia to me was more intense then DMT and here's why... DMT is def more INTENSE but in a diff sense, you see for the people that don't know when you break through, your literally gone, you don't know the difference anymore between reality and the world ur floating in, it's beautiful, strong and must be respected. But with Salvia I knew I was tripping I knew none of this was real, and all I kept thinking was How the HELL can my brain do this , how?! Now while it was def worth the experience , while it was happening I just prayed for it to end ... never have I ever entered such a 2D cartoon landscape that seemed more then real...

The backstory was I finally got where I wanted , and more (because unlike those videos on YouTube , idk if anyone can relate, but I'm SURE there are, I could not get up and run, my whole body was shut down, I was too far gone )

First I packed a real fatty and ripped it hard from a big boy bong lol and held it in until I could not anymore and boy was it nasty.. and before u know it (like the jerk off I am, I tried doing it standing up)I got pins and needles , like the feeling of my legs falling a sleep and that quickly made me sit down on the bed and that feeling crawled all the way up to my face ... and bam.... I was there .. all I saw was the Grateful Dead tapestry with the dancing bears going in the inward circle except it was my one buddy in the room instead of the bears dancing around in a cartoon version and my one buddy on the laptop at the time in my trip was on a piano with lightening in the background as an evil scientist or some shit , idk, but he was controlling my trip with the keyboard/piano... I really don't recall much, but it was so real and horrifying and I can hear the keys playing a demonic tune and there were cartoon bats flying all around me and then I would see him in the tapestry again seeming if he wanted to get out but was stuck in the circle of life lol smh... just so bizarre and everything was in yellow purple and dark red with very intricate colors behind those three , and the whole time I kept saying to myself , bro ur tripping, calm down it will end .... and it did, of course , as they all do...

There's nothing more to it, but the fact that it's legal, is still bizarre to me , completely...the shits fucked up, straight up lol

But I believe the government knows how powerful and horrifying the experience can be and since kids will try it because it's legal , they use it to scare kids from growing up to try less harmful meaningful drugs/psychedelics ...

just my .2 cents on that bit

It's not in some places. :(

I love salvia and miss it dearly. It definitely needs to be respected. When treated right it can be a beautiful and even peaceful experience, when it feels like it. Unfortunately I didn't get to explore it that deeply before it was no longer available....

About letting salvia remain as a scare tactic, that's one idea, but I'm not sure I personally feel like most anti-drug people really understand salvia enough to manipulate it like that. It seems often they don't understand that it's not desirable to many, or at least they don't necessarily differentiate it from how they've been told that every other good drug can also cause psychosis and paranoia and hallucinations, including cannabis.... I've actually even seen multiple news stories, both online and on the news, where people seemed to think that salvia was similar to synthetic cannabinoids and highly addictive. They're totally clueless.

I really wish I could smoke it again.... I'm not really expecting someone to just have it now. :\

I see you're in the US... pretty sure it's not legal in the US anymore. Or maybe that's just some states.

It's state by state, but the vast majority of states have banned it. I know my state has, which sucks because I feel ready to give it a second shot. Curse teenagers getting fucked up and ruining it for the rest of us :\

There wasn't a blanket scheduling of salvia because it sucks so much. People take salvia and say "wow, that sucked!" and don't take it again. It's like the drug equivalent of the nutmeg challenge, or sticking your finger into a light socket. Not exactly an addictive substance, so we never saw the same kind of legislative action that we saw with, say, "bath salts" or synthetic cannabinoids

^^ I wouldn't say salvia is the equivalent of nutmeg at all. It's not a dirty or harmful drug, it's just that most people find it too intense and/or terrifying. It can actually produce an astoundingly powerful experience, and there are plenty of reports of people using it to good effect. It's probably one of the last drugs you want to take if you're expecting something like weed though. I haven't used it much, nor have I broken through on it, but the lighter effects I have experienced have been very interesting. Many people also report a strong antidepressant effect/afterglow for a while afterwards.

Salvia doesn't suck at all, is one of the most interesting and deep drugs I've ever tried.

The problem is with the users, not the drug itself. Beeing legal and easier to buy than even weed or alcohol, a lot of kids and non-educated adults try it expecting a recreative high, which is not a thing at all with this substance.

I could see that same people saying the same from a dissociative + tryptamine combo if they were expecting something fun from it instead of the psychedelic spiritual rollercoaster the experience is.

^^ I wouldn't say salvia is the equivalent of nutmeg at all. It's not a dirty or harmful drug, it's just that most people find it too intense and/or terrifying. It can actually produce an astoundingly powerful experience,

Pretty sure this is what Burnt Offerings meant, even if ever so slightly metaphorically rather than literally.

I haven't used it much, nor have I broken through on it,

Ooh, sorry but it is at this point your opinion becomes worthless. Sorry if that sounds harsh. But it ain't 0.00000001% as harsh as salvia can be.

but the lighter effects I have experienced have been very interesting.

I've done salvia, 10x and 20x extract, about a dozen times. And that's not big or clever. However, as far as the 'lighter' effects go, if achievable (and I'm only talking powerful extract, not the 'natural' leaves for which there is NO comparison)...I've still been left feeling somewhat possessed (and I don't believe in no voodoo/Ninae shit) by the lighter effects, always with a feeling of constriction around my arms (like, say, the ball and chain of a convict, but just around the arms) and, yes, the feeling of something inside me, but not me, having control. Don't get me wrong, I've done all major psychedelics and know all about set and setting and not fighting for control. I never fought salvia, my experiences coming a long way in to my drug taking history. But...LSD at least just alters reality. Salvia changes it. In a way that's understandable that many cannot handle.

Still no reason to ban it. Your body is your body etc. Even when, under salvia, it may feel (briefly) like it isn't...;)

EDIT MSK your avatar is quite beautiful.

Thank you! Fractals are always beautiful, even when confined in such a little square :D

Nothing was quite like salvia. I always got a strange sense of being an inanimate object gravitationally pulled to the left. A friend of mine said he felt like a playing card plastered against the wall. It's the only drug I've had what I would call true hallucinations on. I found it quite jarring, no drug has completely altered reality in such a way for me.

It's been 6 years since I tried it so I really wish I could try it again now that I'm actually well, into psychedelics as a hobby.

I like Salvia but it's true that most people don't, and the fact that most people don't like it is probably why it's not as heavily scheduled as, say, Cannabis.

Nope , completely legal here in NJ... (USA)

and people follow me here, if you read my trip, you will understand that salvia can be terrifying....facts....like I MENTIONED I was doing salvia constantly and loved it for 2-3 months...
Im a huge or (was) - a big dissociative fan, I've gone far into the depths of heaven and hell with even PCP....but many of you may or may not know there is a "breakthrough" part with salvia...and none of it is fun, UNLESS u get lucky and ur visuals/cartoon world become more bright and lovely...but only once did I break through and I was completely paralyzed in a world of darker colors, bats, lightning, being controlled, friends becoming evil and stuck in a tapestry LOL, and the whole time evil demonic music playing..... and there was nothing fun about it....

I'm not saying it isn't possible to have a nice breakthrough, but it must be hard, I was in great setting, with great people, over looking beach....many think they broke through as well, but never did, it's actually kind of hard too...50 trips (enjoyed)- 1 breakthrough (no way did I enjoy) LOL

Datura is the only drug that I way rather stay away from then doing salvia again, or at least salvia at that level of consciousness..

If you guys want me to write a trip experience/report on Datura, I have a great one.... and not fabricated at all...again it's another drug/plant that I am more then Happy I went deep with, but more then happy to know I never have to touch that crap again...

Salvia doesn't suck at all, is one of the most interesting and deep drugs I've ever tried.

The problem is with the users, not the drug itself. Beeing legal and easier to buy than even weed or alcohol, a lot of kids and non-educated adults try it expecting a recreative high, which is not a thing at all with this substance.

I could see that same people saying the same from a dissociative + tryptamine combo if they were expecting something fun from it instead of the psychedelic spiritual rollercoaster the experience is.

Have you broke through? - and if so how did u feel about it?
Because it's not always the "user" , it's alot of the drug....
just some people can't control themselves and just understand there under the influence, it's embarrassing..and they can't accept the fact there perception as changed for a little while,

so that part I get...
.I was in the deepest possible salvia trip you can be in (from what I think, because like I mentioned I have smoked it well over 40-50 times), and when you get that deep it becomes dark....not saying it can't, but I have a good head and every other trip, even borderline breakthroughs, I loved....

Like one mentioned (stonehappymonday) , something like LSD alters the reality, while salvia changes it.....AND I love that, because I been there with many drugs...but when salvia "changes" it, it doesn't always change it to some pretty place that's interesting lol, smh....

Sometimes I wonder if many people claiming to breakthrough, have actually broke through the walls of the changed cartoon reality of salvia LOL....like can it be a healing/good experience.. I would guess, so yes of course....but I have a good level head, love Even love dark PCP trips. But for salvia to change my reality to That degree and then become sooo dark and powerful, i will never touch again....at least for now

Last edited:
Have you broke through? - and if so how did u feel about it?
Because it's not always the "user" , it's alot of the drug....
just some people can't control themselves and just understand there under the influence, it's embarrassing..and they can't accept the fact there perception as changed for a little while,

so that part I get...
.I was in the deepest possible salvia trip you can be in (from what I think, because like I mentioned I have smoked it well over 40-50 times), and when you get that deep it becomes dark....not saying it can't, but I have a good head and every other trip, even borderline breakthroughs, I loved....

Like one mentioned (stonehappymonday) , something like LSD alters the reality, while salvia changes it.....AND I love that, because I been there with many drugs...but when salvia "changes" it, it doesn't always change it to some pretty place that's interesting lol, smh....

Sometimes I wonder if many people claiming to breakthrough, have actually broke through the walls of the changed cartoon reality of salvia LOL....like can it be a healing/good experience.. I would guess, so yes of course....but I have a good level head, love Even love dark PCP trips. But for salvia to change my reality to That degree and then become sooo dark and powerful, i will never touch again....at least for now

Oh, for sure I broke trough. Indeed, my last breaktrough was so intense that made me stop using the substance and develop a huge respect for it. I forgot I took a substance and was floating in the void in a full near to death experience, what was stressing. But not because of having a bad trip I would see a substance as crap.

In fact, salvia teached me to have full respect for psychedelics, before that breaktrough I was using them as laugh-inducers.

Now I do 2-OxO-PCE + tryptamine combo once a month, and it's a bit stressing at some points, but the outcome worths it at every level.

I believe there is no meaningful trip without a little of bad trip. When you are confronted to your deepest fears or your ego is lost, it's totally normal to feel fear. On my "good trips" where everything is pink and I don't confront any problems of my life, I just don't learn a shit.

Oh, for sure I broke trough. Indeed, my last breaktrough was so intense that made me stop using the substance and develop a huge respect for it. I forgot I took a substance and was floating in the void in a full near to death experience, what was stressing. But not because of having a bad trip I would see a substance as crap.

In fact, salvia teached me to have full respect for psychedelics, before that breaktrough I was using them as laugh-inducers.

Now I do 2-OxO-PCE + tryptamine combo once a month, and it's a bit stressing at some points, but the outcome worths it at every level.

I believe there is no meaningful trip without a little of bad trip. When you are confronted to your deepest fears or your ego is lost, it's totally normal to feel fear. On my "good trips" where everything is pink and I don't confront any problems of my life, I just don't learn a shit.

you at least do make sense , and sense of it....
but I never said salvia is something that should never be touched, but definitely not legal...at least here in NJ
Salvia break through is something like I stated in my OP, is as something I would never take back, I am glad I experienced it

I wouldn't even consider it a bad "trip" more of it as a fearful understanding of how deep ur thoughts and brain can really take you without understanding it's respectable power... I never excpected that, never....I've had way to many dissociative trips and psychedelic trips to have myself bug out, like many un-experienced users do...I was able to tell myself okay man it will end, soak it in, it will be over one way or another... But for one thing I DEF wanted it to be over, which I can't say for many drugs I've done, besides one PCP experience, which I broke through on, that was like having constant mini in-and-out intense salvia trips for 3 hours during the peak...

and im not including datura, because with datura it was TOO real, that drug should not even be considered a drug, that's more like straight delusions hahahhaha when I was seeing stuff I was not scared because I thought what I was looking at and talking too were real.... fucked up stuff, and nothing to learn from lol

but for one thing I do not recommend salvia to anyone using it as a kid to think it's goin be a laughable strange weed like high...or anyone who excpectes a crazy trip without ever entering the psychedelic realm/world before....
BUT like so, afterwards I texted my one friend after the experience many years ago who indeed was a avid user of psychedelics I told him you MUST try salvia again and breakthrough! ...because even though I do find it evil in some ways, I find it as a tool for many people like us and an experience that one MUST go through at least once in there lives...because it's that one drug where you know where you are, you know it's not really happening, and YOU only question the whole time HOW?!?! Like how can my brain really and literally change everything around me in such an "intense" matter

HOW SWAY!? Lmaooo

but for one thing I do not recommend salvia to anyone using it as a kid to think it's goin be a laughable strange weed like high...or anyone who excpectes a crazy trip without ever entering the psychedelic realm/world before....

Yeah I totally agree, the way it's marketed is as a chill weed substitute which couldn't be farther from the truth. Kids looking for a cheap high should not be taking salvia. Especially extracts. 8(

Yeah I totally agree, the way it's marketed is as a chill weed substitute which couldn't be farther from the truth. Kids looking for a cheap high should not be taking salvia. Especially extracts. 8(

Yep , facts, I'm suprised there aren't enough stories of kids trying to be sweet and hitting in very dangerous situations (like behind the wheel....)

There wasn't a blanket scheduling of salvia because it sucks so much. People take salvia and say "wow, that sucked!" and don't take it again. It's like the drug equivalent of the nutmeg challenge, or sticking your finger into a light socket. Not exactly an addictive substance, so we never saw the same kind of legislative action that we saw with, say, "bath salts" or synthetic cannabinoids

I STRONGLY disagree.

I fucking LOVE salvia.

It's not for everyone, and it's not a "fun" drug, but DAMN is it amazing.

I hope I am correct that it's still legal in my state (NY) and I think I am.

I want to do it again, it's been a while.