• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

How old will be when you stop drugs/will you use forever?

Why will it take children for you to do this?

I could quit for other reasons, and I might if I stop enjoying MDMA LSD and Weed before then. The main reason is I don't like the idea of doing illegal drugs and even getting shit faced all the time on the piss when I have children, don't think it sets a good example.

Footscrazy, as you know I am an older, randomly casual user. At my age (44) you can still enjoy the moments of wonder that drugs can give you, but in my case I can live the day to day with the subtle interference of a drink at night. I look forward to my nights out, often shared indulgences with my lovely gf, but those nights do not rule my life.
Will I stop? probably at some time it will wear off and I may worry about it's efffect on my body (heart), but being such a random casual user, maybe it will not impact me if I do stop.

The important thing to remember that you want to be older and make sure you get to have the choice to make the decision to slow down or stop. Make sure you get to make the decision and party safe :)

I find myself inthe same place as BasieGuy, I am fortunate to have never gone so hard that i lost the magic so I find now I can still enjoy a few times without it affecting the rest of my life. I have kids, and I have a career but neither have stopped me from using at the right time. Probably the things that would stop me would be my health and the ability to source them from the circles I am in. Then again it is surprising when and when certain drugs will find you. I have struck up conversation with a random surgeon on top of a mountain once for him then to produce a very professionally rolled spliff for us to enjoy. Plenty of people experience using drugs without feeling the need fir them to control their lives.

It is sad to hear that too many here need drugs to fill their lives. I am probably lucky that when I wake up Saturday I don't ever ask "what the fuck am I going to do that excites me". Rather I usually say " how the fuck am I going to fit everything in?". I do get the itch to get loose every once an a while just like I think "jeez, it's been a while since I had yum cha". My life is flexible enough that I don't have to feel like I have to give something up, I just have to fit it in. Unfortunately reading a lot of people's thoughts here it is clear that many won't get the choice to choose to give up, you will either burn out or die trying. Sounds morbid but I have seen it plenty of times in my life both here on bluelight and in the real world. It's like watch a cheesy horror movie, you know from the first few minutes which characters are going to get slashed and who should survive. The bitchy prom queen, gone. The dopey guy who is always cracking jokes with social problems, probably dead when he goes to take a wee by himself.

Realistically the best way you will get me to completely give up would be to give me a better alternative to travel into my inner conscious. It would be nice for them to hurry up and plug electronics straight into the brain so I can surf the cosmos then unplug without any side effects or come down. Total recall here I come.

I dont know if ill ever stop using substances, i suppose the frequency of use will just decrease over time

and move towards the classic psychs (lsd, mushrooms, dmt)

Naw I feel the same footscrzy... Why be sober when u can be high and still bringing in the money. Even if illegitimately ...
*counts down to tomorrow night post drug test to revisit my love...h lol*

This post was amazing and so refreshing to hear that to the song by Lennon "Let it be" If we can be good, happy, productive people, then WHY THE HELL NOT!!
I do not steal, I work hard and I love my family and my friends. I also love myself and do not think that taking something that makes me feel even better and even more productive is wrong.
The funny thing is, no one knows that I do. They all ask, "How do you do all you do?" "You are always so happy and optomistic?" Yes I am, and proud of it for a change thanks to your honestly.
My age - old enough to know how and old enough to know why

Well footsy you can't be too fucked up thinking so similar to me ;)

Family is about the only thing that has ever, and probably ever will curve my drug use. I can never see myself completely quitting all drug use whatsoever, it's just too damned fun ^.^

Last edited:
I'll only stop ingesting psychs when I can attain that state of cosmic ecstasy without them. I've been exploring the ideas of Eastern religion/yoga etc, but it is a long, difficult journey. Psychs are just so convenient for a career and family person because you only need to log off for half a day or a day. My feeling is that to go the purely spiritual (non-drug) route means to _really_ drop out and give up everything. Maybe in retirement.

As a 53 year old professional with grown-up kids and all my faculties I'd say I don't plan on giving up recreational substances any time soon. I'll keep growing my own weed, scoping out cid and molly when it comes by and visiting the mushie patch every year until I decide to stop, not because I'm pressured to do so. I'm not out to thumb my nose at society despite the dreadful anti-drug messages non-partakers are sucked in to believing. I work in a position of responsibility and influence right under their noses and have done so all my adult life without incident. They'd have a cow if they only knew :) I DON'T go to work bent or wasted. I manage my drug intake without it impairing my productivity and enjoy 'taking a trip without leaving the farm', as it were. I don't take drugs as a vehicle for spiritual insights; more simply I just love the buzz and don't see that its anyone else's business what I do at home.

As a 53 year old professional with grown-up kids and all my faculties I'd say I don't plan on giving up recreational substances any time soon. I'll keep growing my own weed, scoping out cid and molly when it comes by and visiting the mushie patch every year until I decide to stop, not because I'm pressured to do so. I'm not out to thumb my nose at society despite the dreadful anti-drug messages non-partakers are sucked in to believing. I work in a position of responsibility and influence right under their noses and have done so all my adult life without incident. They'd have a cow if they only knew :) I DON'T go to work bent or wasted. I manage my drug intake without it impairing my productivity and enjoy 'taking a trip without leaving the farm', as it were. I don't take drugs as a vehicle for spiritual insights; more simply I just love the buzz and don't see that its anyone else's business what I do at home.

Word!

double Word!

I've talked about this a few times with my friends, drug counselors, at my methadone clinic, etc. but I never really have an answer. Yes I'd love to stop doing drugs eventually and live a "normal" life, but I love drugs (mainly rocks and blows.. haha) and I don't know if I'll ever completely let go. Take right now for example- I haven't done anything since February, but I know I'm going to soon. I've been craving it so bad!! Like a few others have said, it changes with time. I guess I'll have to wait and see what the future holds because as of right now I don't have an answer.

ha! My boyfriend & I almost came to loggerheads last night when I decided to have a mL of G (it was my birthday, hello), and I was coy about it in the beginning because I didn't know what his feelings were on the topic. After we finished blu'ing, he turned around & asked me for a charge...!!! the sneaky fuck. lol.

but yeah these days... what can I say. I've tried to quit meth. I really have. I'm down to (at the least) 2.5mg of dexamphet a week... just to keep up the rite, the ritual, if only in name. Having my boyfriend (who was a long-term, frequent speed user but quit about a year or so ago) around has helped me curb my weekend smoke/sometimes blast (no more than a point) sessions. We sleep on weekends, and spend a lot of time in bed generally :p But it's either all or nothing with him, and he has trouble understanding that I can just have drugs around without the desire to use them all the time. I just need to know they're there (odd, I know) should the desire to ingest them take hold.

thankfully, he seems okay with the G. I'm hoping we can use this to spice up our sex life (he was celibate for 3 years - and rarely ever engaged in self-stimulation during that time - talk about not your average guy!), seeing as many of us are aware that sex & G have a fantastic synergy :D weed destroys him, but I'm hoping he'll be okay with it when I decide to have the odd bong here & there. Not that I really need his permission - it's more that he gets jealous at the prospect that someone around him is off their head, while he isn't :p

but in response to your question - yes, I would quit altogether if I was pregnant. After stopping breastfeeding, etc, I would probably go on a 3-day bender simply for good measure (18 months clean would be an absolute victory that I can't envision or even expect to happen, before such time!!). no matter what happens, I will need a quarterly weekend for the next 1 or 2 decades during which to get absolutely ripped (on pills/psychs/stims & really anything I can get my hands on). My SO, being an old time party boy himself, seems to be okay with this notion. Neither of us has an interest in doing it every weekend, but every 3-4 months is perfectly plausible. I guess I'm a little like you foots - my addiction has not left my system - I am simply doing it in lesser quantities, and via different means, and using other drugs to 'replace' my meth use. but not as often. I guess I've never expected to 'get over drugs for good', though if it did happen, I can't say I'd be too disappointed, either. Who knows what the future holds, eh?

I still can't refuse if someone offers me a pipe :p but if I ran out of xanax (to be able to sleep), I'd be screwed (once again, the boyfriend would lose his shit, since he knows it's mine - and to some extent his - DOC/poison).

funny how partners can influence our patterns of use. I'd rather have him around though than any other drug - I actually get too excitable if I have stims in his company, so it's a good thing I'm basically confined to the rush I get with him. ;)

As I said in the other thread, I'm only 22 but I like to picture myself still enjoying a joint or the occasional MDMA with my future wife in 40 years time.

I don't think I'll stay on the whippa too much longer, it's a good drug, and very fun to party with. One problem for me is, I have insane access to it, I get asked several times a week if I want to buy some, and even if I don't. Some of my mates always end up giving me a couple of lines. And who wants to pass up free meth right? But like you footscrazy and livetheopiatedream, I have no problem with being wasted all the time. The thing that stops me is the fear of future addiction. I don't wanna take the path of ending up where I ever feel like I "need" a drug. So I'm gonna cut back on the whip. As far as psychalics go (Mushies/DMT/LSD etc.), I wanna get more into them over the next couple of years, but ideally I'd like to stop them by the time I'm about 28, they play with my thoughts so much I feel that it wouldn't keep me stable enough if I was doing them when I start being an engineer. I'd still enjoy them on occasion, but I don't want there use to be regular in my later life.

Opiates, I'm trying to steer clear of all together. I haven't touched them and don't really desire too.
I'm a very social person and to me opiates are something that don't really interact wth other people that well. But the main reason is i'm worried I'd enjoy them too much, in which case they would be a drug that I could see myself using daily by myself and thats not a path I wish to go down.

If my unproteced sex gets me a kid in the next 5 years though I think it would impact my drug use in a significant way. I still would not wish to not use drugs, but I wouldn't want to be around my new born wasted, so I'd be cutting back on use but I wouldn't be stopping all together. And I imagine in the nights where my future partner is minding our child and I'm out, I think my nights would be even bigger because it would be a rarer occasion.

MDMA, I will never stop using. It's my DOC by so much.
All it's RC immitations can suck my balls, but however old I am, or what has happened in my life. If I get to see molly I'll always purchase, weather it be to save for a special occasion or just to treat myself.

And lastly alcohol. Since the first time I got drunk at 14 and regular from 15. It's been a passion of mine.
It's legal
It's fun
And it's easy to keep track of how much you've had.
I would say I'll keep drinking forever, but already my body gets some serious cramps if I drink too many whiskys. (10 Canandian clubs and I have so much pain I can hardly move), yet with beers, bourbans, wines or skittle bombs I'm always fine.
But I can see the health side definitely likely to become an issue in the future in which case I would do the right thing, and just get smashed once in awhile ;)
Party safe team, and great thread.

I can't go a day without using something. Really, I'm not happy to go a day without getting wasted, but often I have to. It sucks, I know this isn't usual, but I guess I can't see why - why do people choose to spend their days straight while they could be gloriously high? My brain is obviously fucked :D (<- Sad smiley acceptance of patheticness right there)

i totally agree with you on this footsy. Me too, I can not go thru a day with out using some form of substance be it legal ones like booze/otc codiene or illegal ones like meth/oxys etc etc. Not so much on the meth these days, thats one demon i'm in the process of defeating.

I started taking drugs about 4-5yrs ago, be4 that I was pretty much an alcho. so i guess in our realm, that is considered as a drug too :> i do see my self in the future going sobre, but not like perm sobre anti-drug style. perhaps cutting down on the use of mind alterring substances to maybe once a fortnight or even once or twice a month. But i dont think that is gonna happen in the near near future. maybe 5-10yrs down the track. Or when my kidney decides enough is enough and forces me to change.

(another great thread footsy) :)

You're coming up with some really interesting threads footscrazy :)

Will I ever stop using drugs entirely? I doubt it. I'm already at an age where my use has declined significantly and I only use on special occasions. Over the last 15 years I went through a period of using everything I could get my hands on, all of the time, lost the magic with MDMA, picked up a daily speed habit, explored psychadelics, and then moved on to opiates. In the last 6 months I've pretty much quit them too due to their impact on my health. Regardless of where life takes me now though and what responsibilites I pick up, I'd always like to think I had the opportunity to indulge once or twice a year and to be honest I hope on my deathbed I have a bottle of islay single malt and a fat shot of morphine within arms reach ;)

(disclaimer: if I ever have children they'll be growing up in a drug-free environment until they're old enough to vote and to partake with their old man lol)