View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How often can you safely do Ketamine?

Josh7000

Bluelighter
I don't know much about it apart from, the possible effects and that it can be bad for the bladder but in what frequencies of use and is there other risks or Neurotoxicity? How often would I be able to do it safely without long term damage?

The only study that has shown any evidence of damage involved ketamine users who all used more than a gram daily... it has some pretty poor quality MRI studies, and the people happened to be smoking cigarettes and using other drugs at the time too.

If you keep your ketamine use infrequent, once a weekend or less, you should be OK.

just dont get addicted and do it all the time. ive never heard of anyone having physical health problems from it, other than people that were addicted and did it every day. just do it once in a while.

When you say at that frequency, what sort of dose does that entail, once a weekend for a heavy dose or moderate dose that isn't strong enough to bring on the dissociative effects?

K-holing every other week or so is probably OK, in my opinion and experience, even a little session. Assuming you have a standard 9-5 structure of life or similar, just set rules for yourself. I have done probaby 5 or even up to 10g per weekend every couple of weekends for a few months and didn't develop any apparently physical problems. As has been mentioned, don't do it every day, every weekend is probably OK, and probably stick to insufflation if you can and have doubts about your own willpower as this it a self-limiting method, I'm sure many of us have been to that slightly grimy degenerate place near the end of a K-binge where you can't even really snort properly or hole but are still trying to shovel lines into your face...

I will say that while Ketamine obviously has been establised for be fairly benign, certain indivudals can find it's psychological pull difficult to detect and difficult to resist. I personally limit my used to maybe one binge every 3-6 months or so because I know that it effects me in every day life even when I do it infrequently, and my prioirities begin to rearrange themselves so that I can set aside time to do more K... so watch yourself for this.

I concur with Vastness here, good points.

A weekend here and there is perfectly OK, a couple of time a month. You don't really have to care about how much you use on a weekend, if it's 1 g or 10 g.

I've found ketamine to be one the most psychologically addictive drugs, but since it's rare here I usually only buy an amount that's enough for the weekend. A couple of times there have been leftovers, and I found myself taking it after work every day the whole following week. It's an "easy" drug in the sense that set and setting are not that important, nor you own mood, it'll take you to dreamland regardless. And that's the problem with K, it easily becomes a habit that every time you have spare time, even a couple of hours, it's so easy to take. It works fast combined with the short duration, so you're fully functional the next day. And no comedown.

there was a documentary on tv where some guy did it like in insanely massive amounts for a long time and wrecked his liver, or kidneys, or both, I forget; but he screwed himself up. I got the impression it was just too caustic/abrasive to keep the minor vessels pushint it through, and the hepatic/renal cells. prolly not gonna be high on the transplant list if this happens to you/us/our community. but yea its just a dissociative I don't see why he couldn't stop or segue into something weaker. pure DXM HBr isn't bad. easy to extract from basic robo syrup too, kinda fun IMO, watchin it crystalize. <yea chem nerd here>

mix with ammonia, mix with naphtha, separation funnel to isolate naphtha layer evap, near pure dex crystals! DXM hasn't shown any definite health probs resulting from moderate use... its hell on the body but it can be quite enlightening.

I don't know much about it apart from, the possible effects and that it can be bad for the bladder but in what frequencies of use and is there other risks or Neurotoxicity? How often would I be able to do it safely without long term damage?

It depends on whether you get addicted really. IME it's the ketamine addicts - of which I've known many - who experience problems.

Yep, it has a strong "urge to redose" side to it.
Don't buy more at one time than you will do in one weekend.
That way, once it's gone, the urge to re-dose again and again is gone before you can score more, or in my case I HAD to stop until my next order arrived from Europe. So, in effect, I was limited by the postal service and my vendors supply. Better to pay shipping on one vial every week or two than to "save" money and get 10 vials at once and end up doing all 10 in one binge.
For me, Ketamine had a stronger psychological Jones than heroin or any of the myriad of other shit I've been addicted to over the years. Thankfully I built a tolerance up to the point that it wasn't fun any more so I stopped a couple/three months ago...knock wood.
So, the moral of my story is WATCH OUT!!!
OP, I just realized I didn't address your actual question: "How often can you safely do Ketamine?"
It's a little like the question, "how many licks does it take to get to the chewy center of a Tootsie Pop?"
The answer in both cases is it depends on you. If you can't quit at will then once is too much.
I know, I'm still dancing around the question, mainly because I don't KNOW how much you have to do to incur actual physical damage to your body...that also depends on you...general health, genetics, etc...
That sure took a long time to say "IDK", huh?

Last edited:
Why is insulfflation self limiting?

It's hard to stick a gram up your nose every hour or so for an extended period, but it is WAY too easy to stick a gram in your buttock every hour or so for an extended period.
I've never snorted K, but I'm sure that's why.

It's hard to stick a gram up your nose every hour or so for an extended period, but it is WAY too easy to stick a gram in your buttock every hour or so for an extended period.
I've never snorted K, but I'm sure that's why.
Hahaha I know this thread is a little old now but I just wanted to respond to say I misread/misinterpreted this post at first to say it was easy to keep sticking Ketamine into your asshole for an extended period... rather than into your buttock.

I started writing a post asking about how this could possibly work, surely you couldn't have an actual SESSION plugging Ketamine without things potentially getting pretty messy, and not in a good way after just a few doses... =D