• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How not to look like a tweaker

When you first start I'm not sure you can. You're guaranteed to do some stupid shit. Having a friend who's an experienced user, guide you and keep you in check (gently, without pissing you off...easier said than done...) is the only way I've managed, barely.

I used Meth every.single.day for a year and a half. At work. Around Friends. Around Family. Nobody had the first clue...

Taking it orally (in low doses) is the ticket.

EDIT: NVM, re-read your post, I see what you're getting at.
Honestly people see more than they let on.

It's called being well-mannered. Like when somebody in the room really smells bad. People are not going to say anything

I dont even remotely believe nobody had a clue.

First recommendation would be, dont act like this lady:

Seriously though...you might consider using less. Hiding your usage from your significant other isn't a great thing to do. Then again, I hide stuff (mostly opioids) from my girlfriend so I'm not one to judge.

I guess the obvious recommendations here are:

1. Use less

2. Eat regularly

3. Sleep regularly

Cute meth pixie from the enchanted kingdom is on a quest to find more meth

You know, and I say this from a personal perspective, I’m not sure these kind of videos are something we the BL community want be keeping viral.

There’s lots of them out there and plenty have been posted before. But basically it’s a self-righteous person filming a person having some kind of mental crisis or episode acting out in public purely for the purposes of ridiculing them.

Maybe it’s meth. Who knows? But if we at BL had an unofficial motto wouldn’t it be something like:

Fuck judgementalism and shaming people?

I can always tell if someone is on meth or Crack and they're not my kinda drugs. I have a friend who decided at 40 to become a crackhead. Within a year she lost her job,husband, kids, apartment. She post on Facebook thinking she's normal but it's just gibberish. She thinks it's fine though.
These drugs seem to damage a person's life fast.
Why you have a supportive person you ever think of quitting?

For me the only way to handle it was to push through the hell that stimulants caused in the beginning. I looked like a tweaker, acted like one and nearly lost everything including my mind. I was being broken down by the drugs and at the time I let society trick me into believing that I was scum for doing drugs and therefore deserved everything that happened to me.

Finally decided to stop listening to society and decided instead to listen to the drugs I was taking. Just like how psychedelics can teach so can stimulants. Once I started paying attention to what the stimulants were trying to show me everything started to turn around. Instead of destroying me the drugs began to help me rebuild myself.

Hardest part was acting on the message I was receiving. I made big changes to my life and accepted difficult truths. Here is where things really improved, no longer do I look like a tweaker but instead I look the happiest and healthiest i ever have.

What worked for me won’t necessarily work for everyone. Just wanted to say that my only way with stimulants was to go through the mess they caused in order to find the true wonder and beauty they can provide on the other side.

I just don't see how people enjoy that level of stimulation. Yuck.
Well I know she eventually NODDED out and being that young already has huge amount of energy but al stimulation and no Euphoria not too good for young ladies OK? Guys take axe and split few chords for winter time LOL!!! :tripballs:😉

Omg that was awful. I honestly ever rarely get like that and wouldn’t go out in public if I was, Jesus. But thank you and yes I’m trying to get better at the sleeping and eating
Holy shit lol that is crazy I've never seen anyone act like this. Back in the day when i did to fat of a blast i would jump in cold shower and lay in my bed till i felt like i wasn't going to die anymore. Never have i acted like this. I do get mean and start to break out in rash if i stay up longer than 3 days

Yes exactly. Maybe not the same situation as when I was using heroin but I don’t want to try and see. I just start resenting the person I’m using with honestly, whether we’re in a relationship or I’m just getting high with this person occasionally. It’s a little nice to have someone who doesn’t care to do that and I’m ok with it. I’m not super big on using with people and only did it before because they were paying or something, but I’d always be ok being by myself because I’m more comfortable and not so self conscious, I mean other than being self conscious with my bf now about it. It just dissolves from being an actual relationship to a codependent mess and I feel for people in those situations for years
This is interesting because I'm the opposite. I will only use now with someone else like a friend. For me it's a social thing.

First off, I'm in agreement with @Atomic_Decay here. I don't feel that anybody here has done anything wrong, but this kind of material is exploitative. This man with a child in his shopping cart is going out of his way to film and humiliate this person. There is nothing good or positive that could come from recording this person, especially given the derogatory terminology. We sometimes call each other junkies or tweakers, but I feel we do so more for identification purposes than to degrade.

Methamphetamine is a cruel mistress. I remember being a Heroin addict, wondering if it was obvious, could people tell etc. Every now and then you would get a "knowing" look from someone who knew, but you could pretty easily blend into society. Maybe you're just pale. Maybe you have a cold. You could throw some nice clothes on a Heroin user and convince people that they are okay. \

The people I see up here nowadays, the people who, ten years ago would have been huddled in the same public places trying to get well, I see people whose mannerisms and physical condition make me genuinely worried about them ever getting treatment. A lot of these people are not chronically psychotic. I'm not sure what else is going on exactly, but I see a lot of the Methamphetamine users in my town walking with a hunched over posture like some old lady. I don't know if this is from constantly looking on the ground for things or what.

There are questions I ask myself for these people that wouldn't apply even to really serious Heroin users. How can I sit someone down like this in an office and have a real discussion with them? How can I even get to a point in interacting with them in which you can establish things like consent. These people are bouncing off the walls, yelling, screaming, dancing in a way that makes it frightening to even be in their area sometimes.

Sorry only "answer" I can come up with it use less or drop it.
Best with this.....
<3