• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How much would 100mg's of Valium would equal to Xanax?

Edaw'Naflagn

Bluelighter
I'm wondering how many xanax bars would equal to 100mg's of Xanax? Simple, short, question. Please respond before I passout. Thanks, Edaw

Wow, love how the op gets high as a kite and post some really stupid and unrelated sh*t, as some random guy sources, GOLD!

Don't follow those charts - with regards to diazepam they are all bullshit. Clonazepam's max daily dosage is 20mg and according to the chart that would be equivalent to 400mg of diazepam a day. So 100mg of diazepam would equal 5mg clonazepam and alprazolam. Ridiculous. They are USED medically as this dosage, at least clonazepam - alprazolam can be prescribed at 4mg but that is much more comon for lorazepam. Now this isn't very common. Your .5mg of alprazolam is more akin to 2.5mg of diazepam IMO.

^^ what??

So you think 10mg diazepam equals 2mg alprazolam aka a whole bar

Get out of here.. Its very subjective but at max 10mg valium equals 1mg xanax. I tend to agree with the .5mg.

As far as clonazepam .. I don't get your rant about max daily dose. Wat does that have to do with anything? 20mg is a ridiculous amount of Klonopin just like 400mg is ridiculous for valium.

Personally clonazepam is weaker to me than xanax, I can take 4mg and be ok whereas 4mg of xanax floors me. . but that is cause they work differently and my own personal body chemistry.

^I was going to say 2.5 - 5 mg but decided not to to forego a lack of specific accuracy.

But I think 10mg can equal 1 - 2 mg of alprazolam depending on person. But they usually - at least in my opinion start people right off at the 1mg dosage of these benzos whilst diazepam is typically started at 5mg.

Diazepam is used at 20mg in single dosages so I that may be more accurate in some cases as a comparison.

I just know a lot of people and from experience that experienced powerful GABAergic effects from diazepam at 10mg while utterly failing with the highly potent benzos such as alprazolam and clonazepam.

I don't think it's a fair comparison in terms of binding affinity to the GABA A receptor and saturation of said receptors to compare 10mg of diazepam to literal baby doses of those other two meds...

they may equal out one way but 100mgs of valium is going to prob have you in bed where the equiv dose of Xanax will have you sleepy but prob still up.

There are definitely differences in potency depending on the effect you're looking for. Some are going to be much better hypnotics, antiepileptics, anxiolytics, etc. The charts are good for getting a general idea about equivalency, but some will be more and less effective for different people.