• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin how much tolerance is lost after 4 consecutive days of total abstinence?

izo

Bluelighter
this is a really specific question. but i hope there are enough heroin experts around atm (captain heroin seemed to be one, after his nick). its about tolerance loosing when youre on 40-60mg of pure heroin only. if you stop for one day or tow cold turkey how much does your tolerance goes down respectively? in percent and the difference between staying sober 1 or 2 days.

Last edited:
It’ll lower a bit, but note it’ll rise up far quicker. I use 3 times a week, and my tolerance still has a steady and slow rise. If you wanna keep your tolerance low, use no more than a few times a week, dose at most twice in those days you use, and occasionally take breaks (for a week or 2). This’ll keep it relatively low, assuming you don’t cheat yourself.

"4 consecutive 2 days" so you mean 8 days? I'm sorry but that title is confusing

Now any time more that a day away from heroin will decrease your tolerance once you reach more than 3 days it will start lowering more and then lower more and more depending on how long you stay clean and how big your habit/tolerance is.

"4 consecutive 2 days" so you mean 8 days? I'm sorry but that title is confusing

Now any time more that a day away from heroin will decrease your tolerance once you reach more than 3 days it will start lowering more and then lower more and more depending on how long you stay clean and how big your habit/tolerance is.
4 days. Why would someone able to use the word "consecutive" correctly not be able to say 8 days, and instead say 4 times 2 days.
We're not in Maths class.

It's a much easier solution that his finger slipped. Just 4 days.

4 days. Why would someone able to use the word "consecutive" correctly not be able to say 8 days, and instead say 4 times 2 days.
We're not in Maths class.

It's a much easier solution that his finger slipped. Just 4 days.
Chill bro it's not back big deal I just like to make sure I fully understand a post before I reply to it.

I think tachyphylaxis refers more to the phenomenon of tolerance building with drugs like buprenorphine but i might be wrong.

In my H using days id often get arrested an kept in the cells from fri/sat until they can get me in court on the Monday so I'd often be forced to have 2 or 3 days of non using and id get out (if I got bail or a community punishment) and go score straight away and use the same amount as before the break IV use and I honestly never felt it more than I did in the days before my break if anything id be in withdrawal pretty bad an id need more than usual to feel it . Used to make me feel better id need to use more to get high.
I think tolerance seems to drop more so after 5-7 days abstinence. Imo of course 😉

I've never gone that amount of time cold turkey, either only 2 days or multiple months. All I know is after a week in detox with a buprenorphine taper that my tolerance SIGNIFICANTLY drops. I mean like 1 bag will do what 5 couldn't before, but tolerance raises rapidly and seemingly completely back to where it was after a couple days or less of using. More like after the 3rd dose or so the magic will disappear again. Hard to remember exactly. Buprenorphine can actually cause a rapid upregulation of opioid receptors depending on if it throws you into precipitated withdrawal to any degree. That may be playing a part as to why my tolerance drops so fast.