• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How much Lyrica do I need to take to feel something?

stupidinthestreet

Greenlighter
I'm prescribed lyrica for neuropathic pain. On several occasions I have attempted to get high by taking large doses of it. It NEVER fucking works...
The first time I took 600mg, I felt nothing. I waited for it to come on and it never did. Eventually I took three more capsules and I still felt nothing. Subsequent attempts with a variety of doses failed miserably. I really wanted to get something out of it, and I just don't. Today I took 1800mg and I am not high. My movements are a bit erratic, which I have read people experience when taking this, but that is really the only prominent effect I am experiencing. No euphoria. No desire to sleep, either. I'm 5'5 and 105 pounds so I don't think it is a body mass issue. I did take pheno 100mg yesterday evening, would that diminish the effects of the lyrica in some way? I was wondering if there is some reason I cannot properly absorb the drug. Does anyone have any input? Is it safe to take more?

Last edited:
If you are already even slightly tolerant to pregabalin, you shouldn't anticipate any of the positive effects you've heard others mention. For a normal person, as each person is different, I'd say 300mg-600mg to start for a recreational dose. Going any higher than that could lead to unwanted side-effects.

The first time I took lyrica I took 600mg which was a great starting recreational dose (felt very euphoric). Tolerance builds very quickly though and after 3-4 days I was taking 1200mg and not feeling much. I've taken 1600mg but it just made me very dizzy and disoriented and I got sick, very similar feeling as drinking too much.

SWIM is a regular user of Pregablin and started off at 600mg, bare in mind Pregablin has an extremely quick tolerance build up even after one dose, If you want to use it to the full potential make sure to leave 1 week gaps!=D

I had not taken the lyrica for about two weeks when I attempted 1800mg. Yesterday I took 800mg and I did feel the effects and am still feeling them nearly 24 hours later. I am still confused as to why I experienced nothing from it on all of the previous occasions. Could it be because I had taken barbituates close to the lyrica doses? That's really the only explanation I can think of.

yeah if you have been taking Lyrica for awhile now, its going to take quite large doses to get a buzz..Lyrica as with gabapentin, you build a tolerance very quickly...after 4-5 days of using gabapentin or Lyrica, no bzz was to be hard, in fact it made me feel like shit tbh..it seems like lyrica turned on me real quick..the buzz was so short lived..