• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How much hydrocodone apap to take

TinyTuba

Greenlighter
So I got a second degree burn on my foot, and the doctor prescribed some hydro APAP. Recommended dose is 1 every 6 hours. I took one about 3 hours ago. I'm planning on taking 3 shortly to get high, but I wanted to make sure this is safe. I already did a bunch of research and know that 3-4g of APAP in a day can cause serious liver problems, but I won't be taking that much, so I'm fine on that end. The tablets are 5-325mg. Is 3 enough? Other posts I've found have all been for average size to pretty big guys, but I'm pretty small. 5'1 and about 125lbs. Also, I was gonna smoke some herb with it too. Should I smoke right when I take it, or wait a bit after? If I should wait, then how long? I saw somewhere about an hour after is best.

I'd recommend 4 or 5 personally. The acetaminophen won't be enough to do any damage as long as you don't decide to use often (if you do Google how to do a CWE).

Don't underestimate hydrocodone. You can find yourself in trouble pretty quick.

Don't underestimate hydrocodone. You can find yourself in trouble pretty quick.
Of course this is also true, an overdose on hydro is definitely possible, but hydro I'd definitely a pretty weak opiate and 4 pills definitely won't cause an OD.

It feels somewhat like when I take ecstasy, but a little less intense. Isn't it supposed to be a pretty significant sense of euphoria?

It feels somewhat like when I take ecstasy, but a little less intense. Isn't it supposed to be a pretty significant sense of euphoria?
It all depends on the person and their body's chemistry. I personally don't get any euphoria at all from opiates, whether it be hydro, Oxy, heroin, whatever. Done people tell me they get such intense euphoria it's almost other-worldly. I use because I enjoy the nod/relaxation. If you use enough hydro or any other opiate you'll find yourself nodding off while experiencing the most intense/realistic lucid dream/imagination ever. At least that's how it is for me, it allows me to build an entire world of my own in my mind.

And no, I wouldn't smoke if I were you. There's nothing bad about smoking on opiates per se, but I feel as though the high from the weed overpowers the high from the opiates.

if you are concerned about apap, use the search function on here and look into cwe - cold water extraction. this will allow you to use higher doses of the hydro without ingesting the apap.

there are of course downsides to this. chiefly you are embarking on a slippery slope when abusing any opiate and secondly given that you are prescribed for pain relief, you are likely to suffer said pain when you wake up one morning wondering where all the pills went.....

I actually was dozing off, but I was trying to stay awake because I thought it would be a waste of the high if I fell asleep. But now that I know that, I'll just let it happen next time. They had given me Dilaudid when I went to the ER, and when I got home, I started dozing off on the couch and noticed I was starting to have lucid dreams, but I couldn't fully fall asleep because there were kids running around and making noise lol.

I would also suggest 4-5. One thing to keep in mind is that the effects may be suggnificalty weaker because of your second degree burn, I say this because a few months back, when I crashed my car and fractured my knuckles, I was prescribed 5mg hydros and ended up eating 8 instantly and the high was very weak.

That makes sense. I'm not going to take more than the prescribed amount for the rest of this batch because I don't want my mom questioning where my pills went (they only gave me 20 to begin with), but if I get a refill, I'll save some for after I've healed from the burn. Also, I was feeling pretty nauseous. I'm thinking it was because I had an empty stomach. Could that have been it?

I actually was dozing off, but I was trying to stay awake because I thought it would be a waste of the high if I fell asleep. But now that I know that, I'll just let it happen next time. They had given me Dilaudid when I went to the ER, and when I got home, I started dozing off on the couch and noticed I was starting to have lucid dreams, but I couldn't fully fall asleep because there were kids running around and making noise lol.
That's the beauty of it, to nod and have that ability to build your own world doesn't even require you to fall asleep, once you reach that dose, for me at least, I can just close my eyes and do it. It's hard to explain to people, it's not really lucid dreaming but that's the closest thing to it that people would be able to relate to or have at least some idea of what it does.

It could be the vicodin and an empty stomach, it could also be from the APAP. I've noticed if I take too many vicodins or percoset, the APAP will cause nausea after a certain amount.

That makes sense. I'm not going to take more than the prescribed amount for the rest of this batch because I don't want my mom questioning where my pills went (they only gave me 20 to begin with), but if I get a refill, I'll save some for after I've healed from the burn. Also, I was feeling pretty nauseous. I'm thinking it was because I had an empty stomach. Could that have been it?
Nausea is more likely to occur on an empty stomach, but it was more likely due to the 1300mg acetaminophen than the 20mg hydrocodone. I know it sounds daunting at first but I'd really look into doing a CWE next find you use recreationally. It gets rid of the APAP, is better for your liver, and his you faster because the hydro is all dissolved in water and ready for your body to absorb quickly.

I've only ever gotten nausea from opiates once, and although it was very minor it was from hydrocodone my first time taking, and I took a similar amount you did (I believe I took 25mg hydro, 2500mg APAP my first time). Laying down made the nausea go away very quickly, but the nausea was probably due to my body not being used to so much APAP, because after I started using opiates more and more I could pop Vics like candy no problem.

An HR approach to this would be too just CWE the Hydrocodone/APAP tablets. Better safe than sorry, especially if your liver is not so hot to begin with.

OB