• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How much damage has cigarettes cost me?

Psychedalienation

Bluelighter
I've been smoking cigarettes since last year or the end of the year before that.

I have NEVER smoked cigs consistently. In fact, when I was back home, I only smoked when I got drunk. I've bought my own pack like maybe 4-5 times max.

I am now at a place called Job Corps. Everyone here smokes cigs because there's nothing better to do. So I've been smoking almost every day. I've "quit" a few times for like a week or so. I don't ever have a craving for a cigarette. The only time I will go and seek one out is if I'm very bored on a weekend.

The most I smoke in a day is maybe 3-4 SHARED cigs. The cigs are almost ALWAYS shared. In fact, if I'm smoking a cigarette alone while sober, I get anxiety usually. The least is none to 1.

So based on all this info, it might seem that I'm not in harm's way. But then I go and think if I counted all the cigs I've smoked in the past 2 years, it'd probably be like 100-200 or more packs.

Cig smoke contains carbon monoxide and all that carcinogenic bullshit that will kill you. I don't feel I'm addicted at all, but I'm not stopping. It'd just something to do and my friends are ALWAYS smoking one. So I always hit it.

I wanna know how much damage I've done if that's even measureable at this point. People smoke for 20+ years and don't get cancer at a pack a day. My stepdad smoked 2 packs a day for a decade before he quit and he's fine. But they might be special cases.