• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How much codeine to feel good vs catching a nod?

ickray

Bluelighter
What up everyone? I have a large bottle of Codeine syrup, 25mg/5ml.
Now I know Codeine isn't anything crazy, but I'm looking to have a good time this weekend.
I also have a measuring syringe to get precise doses.
I've been taking around 20-30 grams of Kratom daily for about two years, mostly in extract form, so I would say that at this point I have a moderate tolerance to light opioids.

With that said, approximately how many ml's of codeine would it take to get a nice dopamine rush for a bit for someone with a moderate tolerance?
Is it possible to catch a nod with Codeine syrup without getting into dangerous territory or making yourself sick?

I haven't taken Codeine syrup since I was a kid, so anyone with experience taking Codeine please chime in!

Just my two cents but if you have been taking 30 grams of kratom daily for 2 years in extract form ( and not powder ) I will be surprised if you can even feel the codeine syrup. You may feel a light warmth and a small bit of euphoria but 25 mgs of codeine/per 5 ml'ers is a pretty small dose.

I have also been on kratom ( powder ) for 2 years at roughly 20 grams per day. Broke a rib on the ice last winter and got a few codeine for the pain. Barely felt it buzz wise....but it did help the pain.

I don't think you will nod. It's just not that good.

But have fun nonetheless and I hope you get something out of it.

I was addicted to codeine for many years. 150mg should make you feel pretty nice, so that is 30ml. Start with that and see how you go. I never actually nodded on codeine though, just got a nice euphoric buzz.

My one time encounter with 120 mg + 60 mg Oxazepam had me sleepin for very long.

Wonder If it was fatigue of MDMA abuse. But I just kept popping both, Oxazapam and Codeine. Then passed out for a mere 12 hour period. So a dosage of 60/ 80 mg seems to me like a sufficient dose.

No other substances added

Last edited:
If you're taking kratom they do have a cross tolerance. I would start with 150mg, wait an hour and see where you're at.

I was addicted to codeine for many years. 150mg should make you feel pretty nice, so that is 30ml. Start with that and see how you go. I never actually nodded on codeine though, just got a nice euphoric buzz.

If you're taking kratom they do have a cross tolerance. I would start with 150mg, wait an hour and see where you're at.

Appreciate the information. I'll start at 150mg and see how I'm feeling. Is there a mg where if I'm not feeling much I should just stop and accept I'm not going to feel much instead of increasing the dose even more?
For example 300-350mg or something?

Appreciate the information. I'll start at 150mg and see how I'm feeling. Is there a mg where if I'm not feeling much I should just stop and accept I'm not going to feel much instead of increasing the dose even more?
I'd say even 200mg. If you don't feel anything from 200mg there's not much point in continuing.

What @n3ophy7e said is pretty spot on. If you're a daily kratom user you might want to take kratom 1/2 of your normal kratom dose AND the codeine on top of it. While it does increase the risk of respratory issues I've rocked the kratom & opiate combo and loved it.

I used to get nice effects with 100 mg. That was also the most I could tolerate the nasty sorbitol syrup, that had 1 mg/mL codeine and 350 mg/mL sorbitol.

These days I get almost zero effects from codeine - probably, because I'm on citalopram.