• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How much better is lyrica than Gabapentin? And how do they compare to phenibut?

Personally I steer of any Drug that gives you seizures, Gabba Pentin is anti seizure. do you have access to benzos?
Yeah, pregabalin too is used against seizures but it's a matter of the dosage. Above the therapeutic 600mg/d another mechanism begins to emerge, glutamate GLT-1 uptake blockade, analogous to eg. SSRIs is the amount of extracellular glutamate increased which is excitatory and has the potential to toxicity. Theory is that the risk is worse once you got tolerant to the low dose GABAeegic effects (gabapentinoids are, in contrary to usual belief, GABAergics by upregulating an enzyme which converts glutamate to GABA, so will antagonize the pro seizure effects of higher dosages but tolerance builds quickly and lasts long time)

In my case, Disso tolerance might have contributed to the worse as calcium channel antagonism is antiepileptic and with disso tolerance this might have failed. At least I only dosed so high cause of no effects.

At the moment I have no benzo here and as I blacked out, I didn't experience the seizures myself, it would have been if little help w/o somebody knowing how to i.m.

That said, tramadol for example is a notorious example of something which can induce seizures but never had problems with that, or bupropion. Didn't dose them too far off though.

Oh, guess I was right about Disso tolerance being the culprit: pregab's antinociceptive and antiepileptic (but not! the concurrent pro-seizurogenic effects) are NMDAr mediated: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28824867/

So with a hefty disso tolerance and thus by whatever mechanism more substance required to get same effect (I thought it has to be more NMDAr's but somebody told me it's actually fewer but with more activity at them, I always confuse down- and upregulation) one's left with a seizurogenic. One never learns out.

Also there are yet-to-be-identified effects of pregab unrelated to either its two target enzymes nor aloha2delta ca2+ channels.

Oh, guess I was right about Disso tolerance being the culprit: pregab's antinociceptive and antiepileptic (but not! the concurrent pro-seizurogenic effects) are NMDAr mediated: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28824867/

So with a hefty disso tolerance and thus by whatever mechanism more substance required to get same effect (I thought it has to be more NMDAr's but somebody told me it's actually fewer but with more activity at them, I always confuse down- and upregulation) one's left with a seizurogenic. One never learns out.

Also there are yet-to-be-identified effects of pregab unrelated to either its two target enzymes nor aloha2delta ca2+ channels.
i,'m an Alcoholic when my gabba Drops, my Glutamate gets overly excited, I had A seizure and my heart goes hay wire. I'm getting ready to try a pharmacy grade Gabba pure drug, I will let you know the results.

i,'m an Alcoholic when my gabba Drops, my Glutamate gets overly excited, I had A seizure and my heart goes hay wire. I'm getting ready to try a pharmacy grade Gabba pure drug, I will let you know the results.
Benzos are used routineously in withdrawing alc. They help for both symptoms as will low dose gabapentinoid. For the heart rate also is clonidine (very sedating, safe) or a beta blocker (less to non-sedating, theoretical issue of unopposed alpha agonism which doesn't seem to happen readily but if it'd be very dangerous, kinda like serotonin syndrome). Then there's baclofen but that one's primarily against craving, don't know whether it's anticonvulsive too.

Also, forget to mention, I didn't get any withdrawal from 600-900mg/d with concomitant dissociative use. But also no or just very slight effects when years ago even 300mg made me drunken. NMDAr tolerance is weird.

Benzos are used routineously in withdrawing alc. They help for both symptoms as will low dose gabapentinoid. For the heart rate also is clonidine (very sedating, safe) or a beta blocker (less to non-sedating, theoretical issue of unopposed alpha agonism which doesn't seem to happen readily but if it'd be very dangerous, kinda like serotonin syndrome). Then there's baclofen but that one's primarily against craving, don't know whether it's anticonvulsive too.

Also, forget to mention, I didn't get any withdrawal from 600-900mg/d with concomitant dissociative use. But also no or just very slight effects when years ago even 300mg made me drunken. NMDAr tolerance is weird.
I need clonidine, I'm self detoxing , the only thing I'm missing is Clonidine, My blood pressure spikes after 4 days